Author Topic: Strange: Only thing Bannon has accomplished is getting a Democrat elected in Alabama  (Read 384 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Strange: Only thing Bannon has accomplished is getting a Democrat elected in Alabama
By Max Greenwood - 12/13/17 06:27 PM EST

Sen. Luther Strange (R-Ala.) blasted Breitbart News chief Stephen Bannon on Wednesday, pinning responsibility on him for Democrat Doug Jones's victory in Alabama's special Senate election.

"I have never seen him accomplish anything," Strange said on Fox News. "He has accomplished one thing that I don't think anybody in America thought was possible. And that's getting a Democrat elected in the state of Alabama."

Bannon, who served as President Trump's chief strategist until August, boosted the campaign of GOP candidate Roy Moore in the Alabama Senate race, and has backed a number of insurgent Republican candidates across the country in an effort to challenge GOP lawmakers he deems part of the Washington establishment.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/364797-strange-only-thing-bannon-has-accomplished-is-getting-a-democrat-elected-in
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
 :word:

One can talk about Moore being outspent, not getting enough exposure but Alabama is one of the reddest states there is.

Live and learn there, Bannon may have miscalculated here, he's still a pretty sharp guy, maybe he needs some humble pie.

Offline GrouchoTex

Brannon needs to go back and actually run the website as Andrew envisioned.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Would Andrew have backed Moore?
I don't think so.

Offline Fantom

:word:

One can talk about Moore being outspent, not getting enough exposure but Alabama is one of the reddest states there is.

Live and learn there, Bannon may have miscalculated here, he's still a pretty sharp guy, maybe he needs some humble pie.

A loss is not the war.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I never understood what was so bad about Sen. Strange.  He represents a state the President won by more than 25 points, he had developed a good personal working relationship with the President and said (and did during his short tenure) he would support the President's agenda.

With the President's backing in the general, Strange would have easily won the seat.

:shrug: