Author Topic: John McCain hospitalized for "normal side effects" of cancer treatment, office says  (Read 875 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Caroline Linton CBS News December 13, 2017, 5:30 PM
John McCain hospitalized for "normal side effects" of cancer treatment, office says

Sen. John McCain was admitted Wednesday to Walter Reed Hospital for "normal side effects" of his cancer treatments, his office said in a statement. "As ever, he remains grateful to his physicians for their excellent care, and his friends and supporters for their encouragement and good wishes," the statement said.

McCain is currently receiving treatment for glioblastoma, an aggressive form of brain cancer. The 80-year-old was diagnosed in July.

"Sen. McCain looks forward to returning to work as soon as possible," the statement continued.   

more
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-mccain-cancer-treatment-normal-side-effects-hospitalized-walter-reed-medical-center/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

I hate to sound so cold, but I wonder if he'll be in the Senate for the vote on the tax bill. 

Offline RetBobbyMI

I hate to sound so cold, but I wonder if he'll be in the Senate for the vote on the tax bill.
If not, then the GOP really screwed the pooch by letting the Alabama seat get away from them.  That is, assuming the GOP really wants the tax bill passed.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Right_in_Virginia

If not, then the GOP really screwed the pooch by letting the Alabama seat get away from them.  That is, assuming the GOP really wants the tax bill passed.

Well, Strange still holds the seat.  The pooch is safe until Jones appears.

Offline dfwgator

Comment removed in advance.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
McCain will vote against the tax bill. In fact, McCain will vote against anything at all involving Trump, no matter what it is. He has a pathological hate/jealousy of Trump that he cannot get over.

Having him out of the Senate will not have an effect on the Republican vote count. The best thing that could happen is that McCain does like Obama for the next few months and just duck-out of every vote until his inevitable replacement is installed.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Historians will note Trump's mistake disrespecting POW and fellow Republican McCain.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

Historians will note Trump's mistake disrespecting POW and fellow Republican McCain.

Trump was elected President.  McCain lost to Obama.  'Nuff said.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Historians will note two men way old enough to know better engaged in petty infantile grudges and squabbling to the nation's detriment.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
McCain will undergo routine hospitalization more and more frequently over the coming months, until eventually he never leaves the hospital. It is truly incredible that he still refuses to step aside. He is living in some kind of fantastic denial about his condition.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Isn't one of the "normal side effects of cancer treatment" death?

My wife had ovarian cancer and died three years ago after five operations, one round of radiation, and two rounds of chemotherapy in a year and a half of treatment.  I went into the process thinking there might be hope, and came out believing that there are some things worse than death, and the way the medical community treats late stage cancer is one of those things.

We always encourage our loved ones to fight in these circumstances, and I was no exception.  I now regret it.  She was robbed of her dignity.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 12:55:27 pm by massadvj »

Offline Applewood

McCain will undergo routine hospitalization more and more frequently over the coming months, until eventually he never leaves the hospital. It is truly incredible that he still refuses to step aside. He is living in some kind of fantastic denial about his condition.

I don't know that it's denial.  It could be that the terminally ill need something else in their lives to give them purpose. 

When a friend of mine became terminally ill, he continued to try to work as much as he could.  First, he would trudge into the office.  Then when that became impossible, he worked from home.  When I visited him at the hospital during the final week of his life, he had a laptop by his bedside.  Still trying to work. 

I won't knock McCain for working till the end, if that's what he wants to do.  I just have concerns about what kind of "work" he's doing. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

There's a possibility that he'll miss it, which is why he should have done the right thing and stepped down when he was diagnosed with such an aggressive terminal illness.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline RetBobbyMI

There's a possibility that he'll miss it, which is why he should have done the right thing and stepped down when he was diagnosed with such an aggressive terminal illness.
He probably doesn’t trust the governor of Arizona to appoint a radical leftist like himself.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

My wife had ovarian cancer and died three years ago after five operations, one round of radiation, and two rounds of chemotherapy in a year and a half of treatment.  I went into the process thinking there might be hope, and came out believing that there are some things worse than death, and the way the medical community treats late stage cancer is one of those things.

We always encourage our loved ones to fight in these circumstances, and I was no exception.  I now regret it.  She was robbed of her dignity.

Thanks for sharing your story and I am sorry to hear of your loss. My father lived with us while he battled terminal cancer and watching someone undergo treatment is very difficult and I think it would be very difficult to not have regrets.  Yes the medical community has much to be desired; my father's white count was very elevated and they gave him a course of chemo anyways.  He passed within the week. I try to remember that I did the best I could under the circumstances; the emotional stress of watching a loved one slipping away along with the fear of the unknown while still having the hope of a miracle and really not knowing exactly how to feel or what to do.  God bless.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
He probably doesn’t trust the governor of Arizona to appoint a radical leftist like himself.

:patriot:  888high58888

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

I am truly sorry for your loss.

I agree about the treatments, but we all cling to hope, and sometimes they work.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis