Author Topic: Roy Moore refuses to concede, says Alabama Senate race ‘not over’  (Read 10484 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Trump Urges Moore To Concede Alabama Senate Race
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2017, 04:11:04 am »
That's just it, isn't it? The beauty of Moore for the Dems is that he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. Translated for them, it's a win-win.
Yep. All they had to do was pop the top on a can of allegations and keep repeating them, truth be damned. All exculpatory evidence was ignored by the MSM, and no small number of people who should have at least examined it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Folks like Gloria Allred will take cases on contingency or even pro bono if it suits them. In her case, it is an opportunity to get herself back on the national radar and to gain exposure as a standard bearer of the 'cause'.

@Smokin Joe
Oh hell no, She's a player, complicit in the game. Case in point:
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/365068-exclusive-prominent-lawyer-sought-donor-cash-for-two-trump-accusers

WAPO raises a couple questionable rumors, and then Allred shows up with the kabam... and the whole show takes off... Happens all the time.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:12:21 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe
Oh hell no, She's a player, complicit in the game. Case in point:
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/365068-exclusive-prominent-lawyer-sought-donor-cash-for-two-trump-accusers

WAPO raises a couple questionable rumors, and then Allred shows up with the kabam... and the whole show takes off... Happens all the time.
All those 'rock star' types need to keep their name out there, especially if they want to be the premier grievance lawyer in the market. Any 'contributions' just grease the skids, the expenses can always be padded out to cover and even show a 'loss'.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

All those 'rock star' types need to keep their name out there, especially if they want to be the premier grievance lawyer in the market. Any 'contributions' just grease the skids, the expenses can always be padded out to cover and even show a 'loss'.

It's the big show. A long con. It is so bloody transparent I can't believe anyone would fall for it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:19:17 am by roamer_1 »

Online Hoodat

Not true! If the South had half the manufacturing base the North did @Frank Cannon would be typing his witty commentary from a trailer park in New Jersey with an American flag in the yard that says "The North Will Rise Again."

If the South had half the manufacturing base the North did, the North never would have dared to invade in the first place.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

It's the big show. A long con. It is so bloody transparent I can't believe anyone would fall for it.
Yep, and I agree. I was pretty well shocked with the vehement 'all-in with Allred' movement that chucked any semblance of presumption of innocence, or even examination of evidence, but within 24 hours was solidly on the hate train.  **nononono* I won't speculate on  personal issues, but that rush to judgement reeks of closed minds in a really bad way. If I could have found those allegations credible, I might have turned my back on Moore, but so much didn't fit. And I have read that salaciously suspenseful writing style found in the detailed allegation before, in the letters to Penthouse Forum when I was much younger. Al legal activities were just thrown in to pad the numbers, even though there was nothing illegal (and observing courtin' rules) nothing coerced, nor even wrong going on there, something substantiated by those who gave the accounts.  :shrug:

I could go on, but I won't. I'll spend the time playing with my American Indian (Chippewa) great grands instead of posting stuff the people who called me a racist will attack.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

Are you insinuating that the vibrating bed up charge is unnecessary?

Wear and tear on equipment adds up and there is only so much I can depreciate. Sometimes I have to pass the costs on to the consumer.

Offline roamer_1

Yep, and I agree. I was pretty well shocked with the vehement 'all-in with Allred' movement that chucked any semblance of presumption of innocence, or even examination of evidence, but within 24 hours was solidly on the hate train.  **nononono* I won't speculate on  personal issues, but that rush to judgement reeks of closed minds in a really bad way. If I could have found those allegations credible, I might have turned my back on Moore, but so much didn't fit. And I have read that salaciously suspenseful writing style found in the detailed allegation before, in the letters to Penthouse Forum when I was much younger. Al legal activities were just thrown in to pad the numbers, even though there was nothing illegal (and observing courtin' rules) nothing coerced, nor even wrong going on there, something substantiated by those who gave the accounts.  :shrug:

I could go on, but I won't. I'll spend the time playing with my American Indian (Chippewa) great grands instead of posting stuff the people who called me a racist will attack.

Totally agree. And don't feel too bad about it - I was called worse... A Republican.  :silly:
It don't matter anyhow. When they all find out they turned loose the hyenas, it won't bother me none. I am far enough back in the sticks that it's pretty much still the 1800's (something else I was told). I'll just keep to my own.

Funny ain't it, how everyone pines for upright men to enter governance? And wonder why there are none?

Seems a shame.

Offline Smokin Joe

Totally agree. And don't feel too bad about it - I was called worse... A Republican.  :silly:
It don't matter anyhow. When they all find out they turned loose the hyenas, it won't bother me none. I am far enough back in the sticks that it's pretty much still the 1800's (something else I was told). I'll just keep to my own.

Funny ain't it, how everyone pines for upright men to enter governance? And wonder why there are none?

Seems a shame.
Well, it is a shame. But wagon (wagging) tongues have already cost me a couple million dollars (gross revenue) in my lifetime, and even deprived me of the opportunity to prove them wrong. As such I have little tolerance for such being done to someone else.
With this the latest gambit, I wouldn't ever consider running for office, and no sane person likely would do so without the greatest deliberation. I'm not sure any preparation would be adequate for a family man, because the crap will seek the weakest among the group, and kids aren't off the Liberal's radar (especially school kids). For all their sanctimony, these people will not rule out any means to their ends.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Well, it is a shame. But wagon (wagging) tongues have already cost me a couple million dollars (gross revenue) in my lifetime, and even deprived me of the opportunity to prove them wrong. As such I have little tolerance for such being done to someone else.

Same (less in the monetary amount).

With this the latest gambit, I wouldn't ever consider running for office, and no sane person likely would do so without the greatest deliberation. I'm not sure any preparation would be adequate for a family man, because the crap will seek the weakest among the group, and kids aren't off the Liberal's radar (especially school kids). For all their sanctimony, these people will not rule out any means to their ends.

It ain't the sombitches leading the parade. They've always been there. It's who's following them that has changed, much to my surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

Same (less in the monetary amount).

It ain't the sombitches leading the parade. They've always been there. It's who's following them that has changed, much to my surprise.
Yep. A lot of them used to have a guy's back, and now they are climbing it, using the knives for handholds.

C S Lewis

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Wear and tear on equipment adds up and there is only so much I can depreciate. Sometimes I have to pass the costs on to the consumer.

Yeah but the controller on the wall used to take Quarters.   Now you need a Toll Tag
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

@roamer_1

Yet many right here prove that they do and apparently it does not matter how many times they have seen it previously.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goodwithagun

If you use it as a chaser for Everclear, it feels ....well, after the Everclear, your nose probably won't feel much at all. Don't ask me how I know, but Everclear was a lot smoother than what my uncle used to make.

One of my Christmas break projects is starting a batch of limoncello, so I'll be getting everclear for that. Other than mixing, that stuff scares the crap out of me.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

If the South had half the manufacturing base the North did, the North never would have dared to invade in the first place.

And once again, we'd be the ones in trailer parks with "The North Will Rise Again" flags. But we're not  ^-^
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

I'm surprised the irs doesn't allow that as a write off considering how good they are at screwing people.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Smokin Joe

One of my Christmas break projects is starting a batch of limoncello, so I'll be getting everclear for that. Other than mixing, that stuff scares the crap out of me.
It's not so bad. Just keep it away from open flames when it's straight.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

The thing is, if one talks about "outside" interference from the GOP at least, McConnell was born in Alabama, Bannon went down there and it sounds like he played his favorite who was Roy Moore.

Otherwise, we might have had Luther Strange running who would have likely trounced Doug Jones.

Mo Brooks, per Hannity the other day, he may well have been a "Ted Cruz type", per Hannity. So, they might have wanted to try to block Brooks, they may well have tried to block Trump but he won anyway.

Luther Strange was involved in a corruption scandal.  The Democrats would have hammered on this note until it was deafening had Luther Strange won the primary. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

The October before the election, Vance received endorsement in a letter signed by a highly respected line up of both Republican and Democratic current and former Alabama Supreme Court Justices.

Which kind of attests to the fact Moore was not a big draw among Republicans, or they wouldn't have done it. 

Seriously?   How do you read the same information and come to such very different conclusions from myself?   

They did it because they couldn't stand Roy Moore.   They didn't want someone rocking the boat,  they wanted someone who was "normal"  and who wouldn't stir up embarrassing sh*t.   

The only other logical conclusion you can reach about the election is that Alabama voters are malleable dupes that don't have their own opinions and just accept what 'Soros-funded groups' and 'the media' feed them.

Uh,  it isn't just the people from Alabama.   Probably 20% of the vote nation wide is manipulated by the media.   

Some of the defenders of Moore, post defeat, have challenged the candidate for title of most pathetic.  Not an easy task, so good job.

Here's where you try to ad hominem your way out of the argument.   

I can do that too.   Some of Moore's  attackers should win the title of "lyingest".   Either that or "stupidest."     

They've learned nothing. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Don't forgot that this isn't their first rodeo.. Remember what they did to Chris McDaniels in Mississippi in 2014 to get their guy Thad Cochrane back in.  Didn't use sex in that one, but used race to the max.

That's what some people don't get.   If Luther Strange had won,   they would have dragged out the quid pro quo allegations against him.   They would have hammered the story that he dropped the investigation of the governor in exchange for that Senate seat.   They would have hammered that and hammered that.   

What a lot of naive people on this forum do not understand is that they will find stuff with which to accuse our people.    They've ran this play over and over again,   and some of the silly buggers on our side just don't seem to grasp the fact we've been here far too many times before.   

For what it's worth,   I repeatedly told anyone who would listen that if we let the establishment get away with that sh*t that they pulled on McDaniel,  we were going to get a lot more of it down the road.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

I doubt that she had to pay All Red anything.  I suspect that if All Red collected anything, it came from some unnamed donors (see daughter Lisa Bloom model).

Isn't it funny now that Lisa Bloom has been accused of trying to bribe women to make accusations against Trump?    Does the apple fall far from the tree?

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Trump Urges Moore To Concede Alabama Senate Race
« Reply #196 on: December 18, 2017, 07:39:02 pm »
The answer is simple.  They'd say enjoy your Senate ethics committee circus and seeing Roy Moore in every Dem campaign ad across the country in 2018. 

However, 1.3M voted for Trump in 2016.  Moore got 650K to vote for him and 669K to stay home.  So, the real question is, was he a bad candidate or are more than half the Trump voters establishment/media puppets?

There you go spinning it again.   The real question is "What happens when a couple of kooks make salacious accusations against a candidate,  and his own party then stabs him in the back?

Moore got over 1 million votes in 2012.   

People weren't going to come out to support an accused "child molester rapist",  especially if the party was going to act like he was guilty. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Folks like Gloria Allred will take cases on contingency or even pro bono if it suits them. In her case, it is an opportunity to get herself back on the national radar and to gain exposure as a standard bearer of the 'cause'.

However, I heartily agree that the bringing of a false narrative against a political figure for the purposes of poisoning a campaign should be punished.

I think those two women need to go to prison.   Bringing accusations of that sort without proof ought to be a crime.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Seriously?   How do you read the same information and come to such very different conclusions from myself?   They did it because they couldn't stand Roy Moore.

In case you missed it, more than a few people have come to different conclusions about the same issues as you - hence the length of this thread.

Uh,  it isn't just the people from Alabama.   Probably 20% of the vote nation wide is manipulated by the media.   

Uh, it's only the AL voters that matter in this case.  They had exposure to a bigger media blitz against Trump, which included sexual impropriety, but they turned out for him in overwhelming numbers.  We've already been over that.

Here's where you try to ad hominem your way out of the argument.

No, it's just true.  The fact there are still defenders thinking his refusal to concede is preventing the seating of Jones proves it.  The vote certification and upcoming recess is holding that up.  That process timeframe was decided prior to the election.  Yet, the delusion remains with some that Roy is fighting the good fight and thwarting the dastardly plans of McConnell.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DiogenesLamp

The North invaded to protect the financial interests of the New York area power brokers.   The South was about to seriously disrupt their monopoly on European trade,  and undercut their pricing in supplying goods to the greater Midwest.   

Leaving the South alone would have collapsed the economy in New York. 

— Lord Melbourne —