Author Topic: Rush: Was Trump the Motivation Behind the Weinstein Story?  (Read 650 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Was Trump the Motivation Behind the Weinstein Story?
« on: December 12, 2017, 09:07:13 pm »

Was Trump the Motivation Behind the Weinstein Story?

Dec 12, 2017

RUSH: Do you remember back when the Weinstein story broke in the New York Times we were all saying, “Why? Why now? Just ’cause Hillary lost? But what brought this about?” People said, “He’s lost his power in D.C., and he’s been hated for so long, and now people finally have a chance, and Ronan Farrow was…” Maybe we were all wrong. Maybe the reason it was time for Weinstein to finally be outed was because it triggered all of this. Let’s go to the audio sound bites. Capitol Hill this afternoon, 69 members of Congress. Lois Frankel (our former almost-mayor here) held a press conference.

FRANKEL: The “me too” movement as arrived. Sexual abuse will not be tolerated, whether it’s by a Hollywood producer, the chef of a restaurant, a member of Congress, or the president of the United States. No man or woman is above the law.

RUSH: Okay, and here’s more from Ms. Frankel who once asked me to pose for a photo in a restaurant here and then snuck outside and went around the corner to the Sprinkles Ice Cream store. Q&A. “Would this be an impeachable offense?”

FRANKEL: I think we have to see what we, uhhhh, learn. I think certainly crimes — uh, violations of the law can lead to that.

LAWRENCE: And history has shown us that we impeach a president for inappropriate sexual behavior in the past. (sic) So I would say history answers that question.

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/12/12/was-trump-the-motivation-behind-the-weinstein-story/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Rush: Was Trump the Motivation Behind the Weinstein Story?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 09:27:36 pm »
Dear Rush,

Not everything is about Trump.

This story has been in the making for a long time. Rowan Farrow (aka Frank Sinatra Jr.) has been trying to get this story published for over a year to help his friend Rose McGowan who has been screaming about this for over a decade.

The timing is a coincidence of circumstance with both Farrow's increased profile in CNN, years of anti-bullying messages, and social media awareness of messages about the subject.

It is absolutely silly, no, asinine, to think all of this is some sort of conspiracy to take down Trump. It has only really succeeded in taking down high profile Democrats and liberals. If this does any damage to Trump, it will be in Republican's own making for their Faustian bargain replacing values with victory- not any sort of conspiracy.

But let's be real, in Trump's own words, he could walk down 5th Avenue and shoot someone and his followers would still be behind him. Or more apt, he could be caught on tape bragging about assaulting women in vile terms that would make Al Frankin seem like a schoolgirl, and his followers would still stand behind him.

So no, this isn't about Trump. He just is coincidently in the path of a barrage- a path he put himself on.