Author Topic: Leftover Discussion Thread: AL Special Election  (Read 91202 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Leftover Discussion Thread: AL Special Election
« Reply #650 on: December 13, 2017, 05:04:24 pm »
Oh yeah pal? Show me where I am wrong about your Hero Roy the kiddie raper....

Kiddie raper?   Yeah,  you are one class act.   

And the point of discourse with you is what?    What possible argument could be put forth to sway the mind of someone who characterizes a man as a "kiddie raper"  on the basis of dubious accusations deliberately spread by his enemies?   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #651 on: December 13, 2017, 05:05:47 pm »
Once more, with feeling....

Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America
Nowhere in the Constitution of the United States is the power to regulate marriage, in any sense, delegated to the Federal Government.

The Alabama Constitution, by Amendment voted for by 81% of the electorate specified that marriage is to be only between one man and one woman. That specification in the Constitution of the State of Alabama, especially with the overwhelming approval of the voters is law, and is compliant with the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

A federal Judge--ANY Federal Judge ruling to overturn the Constitution of The State of Alabama (or any other State) on the matter concerning marriage is usurping an authority not Granted to the Federal Government by the Constitution of the United States.  The ruling should be void.

At least the Soviets are honest about their dictatorship/oligarchy.

So the Constitution covers gays making the United States the focus of evil in the modern world and that is why Moore is akin to Putin?

You can defend this azzhole dirtbag comment Moore made. Most rational, America loving people will run away from it.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #652 on: December 13, 2017, 05:07:50 pm »

Kiddie raper?   Yeah,  you are one class act.   

And the point of discourse with you is what?    What possible argument could be put forth to sway the mind of someone who characterizes a man as a "kiddie raper"  on the basis of dubious accusations deliberately spread by his enemies?   

The point of discourse for me today is to laugh and mock people who are circling the wagons around a piece of human shit who got fully rejected by a solid red state last night.

I know I shouldn't make fun of Moore too much. His lawyer is Jewish after all.

Silver Pines

« Reply #653 on: December 13, 2017, 05:08:02 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
yes you're a perfect angel, you've been wronged but have never done wrong.  Nope you treat all with respect and love.

bwahahahahahahaha

we need a tiny violin emoji

@driftdiver

Oh, HELL, no, I'm not even yelling distance to an angel.

But for the record, I'll put you down as yet another who has no problem with insulting a dead veteran.

'Murica!

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #654 on: December 13, 2017, 05:08:46 pm »
No, he lost because citizens of his state in this representative republic didn't want him to represent them. 

Well they did so by large margins until only a short time ago.    You are espousing an "effect"  without a "cause."   

What caused the change in the opinions of his fellow citizens?   

You are ignoring the causality.    By not understanding the nature of what happened,   you won't be prepared to deal with it when it happens again in the future.   

The same trick will get played on some,  over and over and over again. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #655 on: December 13, 2017, 05:10:28 pm »
The next person who tells me I have to vote for the Republican candidate to "save us from the Democrats" is going to get a punch in the nose. 

Unless you are a complete moron, this election should prove to you once and for all that the Republicans are just as corrupt, incompetent, lying and backstabbing as the Democrats and certainly as liberal.  They can't even be loyal to and support their own candidate in an election.  In fact, they actively worked to sabotage his election.  All because they were in a snit because their handpicked  candidate in the primaries wad rejected by the voters.   The candidate was a conservative and the party hates conservatives. If you are a conservative, you do not have a home in the Republican party.  If all that isn't clear to you after this election debacle, I don't know what I can do to make you understand. 

Here and now, I declare I won't be voting Republican ever again.  Let the Democrats take over -- looks like they will anyway.  Sorry, Republicans, you lost my membership and now you've lost my vote.  Hey, if you don't care if you win or lose, why should I?

@Applewood
It sounds better if you stamp your feel and scream loudly.  it really completes the little baby girl image.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #656 on: December 13, 2017, 05:10:44 pm »
Psssst.... Hate to break it you, but Trump isn't a conservative.

Neither was Bush,   but he made all the right noises to keep the dupes fooled.   Bush talked a good game but did little in the way of action.   

Trump is giving us action,  or was,  until some of his "allies" helped throw this stumbling block into his path. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #657 on: December 13, 2017, 05:12:18 pm »

Well they did so by large margins until only a short time ago.    You are espousing an "effect"  without a "cause."   

What caused the change in the opinions of his fellow citizens?   

You are ignoring the causality.    By not understanding the nature of what happened,   you won't be prepared to deal with it when it happens again in the future.   

The same trick will get played on some,  over and over and over again.

@DiogenesLamp
  They sure didnt mind the out of state money that helped elect jones

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #658 on: December 13, 2017, 05:13:09 pm »

Neither was Bush,   but he made all the right noises to keep the dupes fooled.   Bush talked a good game but did little in the way of action.   

Trump is giving us action,  or was,  until some of his "allies" helped throw this stumbling block into his path.

@DiogenesLamp
Now the republicans can just say "we dont have the votes in the Senate"

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #659 on: December 13, 2017, 05:13:48 pm »
@DiogenesLamp
Now the republicans can just say "we dont have the votes in the Senate"

Yep,  all the perks, none of the responsibility,  that's the "GOPe Way."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:14:06 pm by dfwgator »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #660 on: December 13, 2017, 05:14:52 pm »
Thanks for clowning yourself in public here today. I needed a laugh. Your pal Moore thinks everything past the 10th Amendment is garbage

He thinks Most of the Amendments past the 10th were garbage,   and so do I.    I have thought this since long before I ever heard of Roy Moore,    but I'm sure you won't bother to debate the actual pros and cons of the amendments after the first 10,  because it's easier to mock than it is to think,   and some people are just too lazy to do anything else. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #661 on: December 13, 2017, 05:17:11 pm »
The candidate was a conservative and the party hates conservatives. If you are a conservative, you do not have a home in the Republican party.  If all that isn't clear to you after this election debacle, I don't know what I can do to make you understand.

Oh, stop whining, Applewood.   Mo Brooks and Luther Strange are good conservatives, and either would have coasted to victory with the full support of the Republican party.  Moore lost because he was an astonishingly bad candidate, with baggage both legal and moral,  and he was lazy as hell to boot. 

The GOP, and President Trump, dodged a bullet with the defeat of this assclown.   The voters rejected Moore just as they elected President Trump.   May the voters' choices be respected.     

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Silver Pines

« Reply #662 on: December 13, 2017, 05:17:41 pm »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #663 on: December 13, 2017, 05:18:27 pm »

He thinks Most of the Amendments past the 10th were garbage,   and so do I.    I have thought this since long before I ever heard of Roy Moore,    but I'm sure you won't bother to debate the actual pros and cons of the amendments after the first 10,  because it's easier to mock than it is to think,   and some people are just too lazy to do anything else.

Several of those amendments were ratified under the business end of guns but that shouldn't matter should it?  /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #664 on: December 13, 2017, 05:19:06 pm »
@driftdiver

Oh, HELL, no, I'm not even yelling distance to an angel.

But for the record, I'll put you down as yet another who has no problem with insulting a dead veteran.

'Murica!

@CatherineofAragon
No, I didn't insult a dead veteran and you know it.  But as usualy you speak with your emotions and bitchyness.

You are mean and nasty to anyone who doesn't agree with you and then act all offended when you get called on it.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #665 on: December 13, 2017, 05:22:16 pm »
You know if you keep saying irrational things over and over, it doesn't make it so.....unless you are a 14 year old girl that Roy likes to hit on.

I have cited specific examples where Roy has either said or was fired over being a Constitutional illiterate. Do you claim that none of that happened?

I do.   What you have cited were accusations,  and for some reason in your mind they have the weight of actual proven facts.     

Would love to explore the "Constitutional"  claims you are making,    but can see it would be rather pointless to nail down some actual truth.   

We don't need it anymore.  We don't debate,   we trade mindless imprecations.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mod1

« Reply #666 on: December 13, 2017, 05:23:27 pm »
Keep it relatively civil and stay away from personal insults.  That's all we ask. 

Pissing contests result in both sides losing and becoming damp.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #667 on: December 13, 2017, 05:24:29 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
No, I didn't insult a dead veteran and you know it.  But as usualy you speak with your emotions and bitchyness.

You are mean and nasty to anyone who doesn't agree with you and then act all offended when you get called on it.

Quite a comment from a person who got a thread shut down by posting nasty religious comments.

I stand with Roosgirl.

Silver Pines

« Reply #668 on: December 13, 2017, 05:24:55 pm »
@driftdiver

No, I didn't insult a dead veteran and you know it.

Where'd I say you did?

But as usualy you speak with your emotions and bitchyness.

Insult my dead father, who put his life on the line for your ass, I'm the meanest bitch you ever saw.  Same if you try to excuse the insult or if you have a problem with me calling it out.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #669 on: December 13, 2017, 05:28:06 pm »
Similar to the day care ritual child abuse hysteria of the 80’s, Americans (and the Western world) are now fully gripped in a mass hysteria warlock hunt. This can only end badly for families, community and country.

When I was growing up,  My sixth grade teacher was a big fan of World War II.   He had brought numerous books on the subject to the class,   and many of us were enthralled.   

Since that time,   I  have been involved in innumerable debates regarding Hitler's rise to power,   and how so many Germans could have turned into such vicious people regarding the Jews.    Till the 21st century came along,   I and my friends could make no headway in explaining this intractable problem of how the Germans went full Nazi.     

Now I grasp the role of "Preference Cascade" (Positive Feedback Loop)  and propaganda in achieving "group think"  the sort of which causes otherwise decent people to turn into monsters.   

Since the rise of Obama,   I now see how fascism gains a grip on a populace. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #670 on: December 13, 2017, 05:28:58 pm »
@driftdiver

Where'd I say you did?

Insult my dead father, who put his life on the line for your ass, I'm the meanest bitch you ever saw.  Same if you try to excuse the insult or if you have a problem with me calling it out.

@CatherineofAragon
Do you even read what you post?   Perhaps its a comprehension problem.   Maybe you just need to relax and calm down.  Have a glass of wine and some midol.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #671 on: December 13, 2017, 05:29:00 pm »
Oh, stop whining, Applewood.   Mo Brooks and Luther Strange are good conservatives, and either would have coasted to victory with the full support of the Republican party.  Moore lost because he was an astonishingly bad candidate, with baggage both legal and moral,  and he was lazy as hell to boot. 

The GOP, and President Trump, dodged a bullet with the defeat of this assclown.   The voters rejected Moore just as they elected President Trump.   May the voters' choices be respected.   

The fact Moore was outspent 14 to 1 probably has nothing to do with it, right?

Spare us the bloviating.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #672 on: December 13, 2017, 05:30:19 pm »
The election is over, so hey! Let's turn on one another! Yay.

Instead, we might consider supporting actual constitutional conservatives who will run for the US Senate in 2018. In my state,  Patrick Morrisey will face Joe Manchin, if he can win the GOP primary inMay.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Mod1

« Reply #673 on: December 13, 2017, 05:32:07 pm »
Thank you all for helping out.  I sure would hate to close this down because a few people just can't control themselves.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #674 on: December 13, 2017, 05:32:15 pm »
The election is over, so hey! Let's turn on one another! Yay.

Instead, we might consider supporting actual constitutional conservatives who will run for the US Senate in 2018. In my state,  Patrick Morrisey will face Joe Manchin, if he can win the GOP primary inMay.

Why would a decent person put themselves and their family thru this kind of junk?