Author Topic: Massive Austria gas plant blast plunges Europe into energy crisis as shortage hits  (Read 400 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Massive Austria gas plant blast plunges Europe into energy crisis as shortage hits
UK Express, Dec 12, 2017

Pipeline deliveries across large parts of the continent have been thrown into chaos as a result of the deadly blast at the Baumgaerten site in eastern Austria.

In Britain, Europe's biggest gas market, the price of gas for immediate delivery soared by 35 per cent to 92p per therm, its highest level since 2013.

The Italian wholesale day-ahead price surged nearly doubled to £41.44 per megawatt-hour, its highest ever recorded level.

And Italy has declared a state of emergency as a result of the fuel crisis with industry minister Carlo Calenda warning of a "serious" energy supply problem.

More: https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/891284/Austria-gas-plant-blast-Europe-energy-crisis-fuel-shortages-Italy-state-emergency

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Russia's Gazprom Export said it was working on redirecting gas flows and trying to secure uninterrupted supplies to clients.

Wouldn't surprise me of the Russians blew it up in the first place. It's their style.
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

They need to ramp up their solar and wind plants to compensate, of course.

What else would a staunch greenie do?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
That whole dump Coal thing has worked out so well over there....
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."