Author Topic: Regulation-killing push falls short of White House boasts  (Read 341 times)

Offline corbe

Regulation-killing push falls short of White House boasts
« on: December 11, 2017, 03:08:09 pm »

Regulation-killing push falls short of White House boasts
Bloomberg
Alan Levin and Jesse Hamilton
5 hrs ago

Regulation-Killing Push Falls Short of White House Boasts As the Trump administration nears its one-year mark, White House officials are touting cuts to regulations as one of their top achievements.

“In the history of our country, no president, during their entire term, has cut more regulations than we’ve cut,” President Donald Trump said last month. His Press Secretary Sarah Sanders puts the total at nearly 1,000, an astounding accomplishment for the notoriously slow-moving federal bureaucracy.

But government records—and in some cases the agencies carrying out Trump’s policies—tell a very different story.

For one thing, only a handful of regulations have actually been taken off the books. That’s due to laws that keep government policies from wildly swinging back and forth every time moving trucks show up at the White House.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/regulation-killing-push-falls-short-of-white-house-boasts/ar-BBGzfzG?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

Re: Regulation-killing push falls short of White House boasts
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 06:31:03 pm »
Regulations have more of a negative impact on economic growth than taxes.   Nobody is suggesting we should get rid of all regulations because that’s near anarchy.  But regulations get piled upon regulations and seem to come about on the whim and will of bureaucrats
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Concerned

Re: Regulation-killing push falls short of White House boasts
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 07:09:53 pm »
Interesting but not surprising read IMO.  This is the type of thing where Trump and his team ultimately just hurt themselves by having, an almost pathological need, to be the best, the biggest, the most, whatever.  There’s no question that Trump has cut regulations.  Why lie, mislead, exaggerate, or otherwise open yourself up to such obvious legitimate criticism over the numbers? 

It all reminds me of the nonsensical arguments about largest inaugural crowd size, which President did the most within the first 100 days, taking credit for price reductions in the F-35 program planned before he took office, which President passed more legislation, 3M-5M illegal voters, which President was on the cover of Time magazine the most, the biggest electoral win since Reagan, etc.   My father (a Trump voter who won’t be voting for him again) says: “The man would rather climb a tree to tell a lie than to stand on the ground to tell the truth.”  So it seems.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.