Author Topic: Canadian Muslim woman buoyed after stranger halts hate attack  (Read 409 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Canadian Muslim woman buoyed after stranger halts hate attack
« on: December 10, 2017, 08:10:48 pm »
Canadian Muslim woman buoyed after stranger halts hate attack
An Islamophobic assault has a happy ending, with Noor Fadel given hope by one man's help and hundreds of supportive messages

Noor Fadel and Jake Taylor are now friends after he came to her aid (MEE/Hadani Ditmars)

Hadani Ditmars

VANCOUVER - “Almost every other day, I get verbally assaulted and it hurts every single time – at my workplace, at my school, in everyday life,” 18-year-old Noor Fadel told Middle East Eye.

Earlier this week, the Canadian Muslim girl was slapped and physically assaulted by a man on Vancouver’s Canada Line train on her way home from work. She told MEE that he allegedly screamed at her in "classical Arabic" with what seemed like a "French accent".

“He said in Arabic: “Go back to your country! I’m going to kill you and kill all Muslims!” Fadel said. “Then he tried to grab my hijab and pull it off and tried to force my head towards his crotch, shouting obscenities in Arabic like qus omek (f*** your mother).”

Read more at: http://www.middleeasteye.net/in-depth/features/hate-crime-canada-657429972

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Canadian Muslim woman buoyed after stranger halts hate attack
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 09:54:10 pm »
Your basic Moslum on moslum hate crime. 

Nothing to see here in Canuckistan.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 03:33:41 am »
Earlier this week, the Canadian Muslim girl was slapped and physically assaulted by a man on Vancouver’s Canada Line train on her way home from work. She told MEE that he allegedly screamed at her in "classical Arabic" with what seemed like a "French accent".

Slapping, death threats, and French accents - but no duel.  What a letdown.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 03:35:25 am »

Slapping, death threats, and French accents - but no duel.  What a letdown.

How do you say, " I shall taunt you a second time!" in Arabic?