Author Topic: Obama Records Get-Out-The-Vote Call For Doug Jones  (Read 1154 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Obama Records Get-Out-The-Vote Call For Doug Jones
« on: December 11, 2017, 06:26:29 am »
Former President Barack Obama recorded a get-out-the-vote call for Democratic Alabama Senate candidate Doug Jones, the New York Times reports.

The former president is just the latest prominent liberal to aid Jones’ special election campaign. Democratic New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker has campaigned in Alabama for Jones, while other Democratic senators have fundraised on Jones’ behalf.

Jones’ campaign advisers were still unsure on Sunday night about whether they would actually use the taped call from Obama, amid fears that the former president’s endorsement could backfire and hurt Jones, according to the NYT. The exact contents of Obama’s call remain unclear.

http://amp.dailycaller.com/2017/12/10/obama-records-get-out-the-vote-call-for-doug-jones/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Re: Obama Records Get-Out-The-Vote Call For Doug Jones
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 06:27:41 am »
They're not even sure if its a good idea....... :silly:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 09:57:43 am »
Yep, bet they use it only regionally... Bham and southwest of there.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 10:14:32 am »
If I remember right, Obama's involvement in a few campaigns was the kiss of death for those candidates. Yeah, the Jones campaign might want to rethink using Obama to rally the vote for their candidate.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 11:05:54 am »
That's why they will not release the recording. The Dems are afraid of it. They are keeping it Top Secret and buried in a vault somewhere.

They are afraid the Pubs will use it for their own purposes. And they will.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 11:25:08 am »
Jones’ campaign advisers were still unsure on Sunday night about whether they would actually use the taped call from Obama, amid fears that the former president’s endorsement could backfire and hurt Jones.

Well that is just plain silly.  Obama is well loved and seen as as a great uniter in Alabama.  Why if he were to personally visit the state and campaign for Jones people would come for miles to see him.  There would be informal rallies with bonfires and weenie roasts....
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:25:49 am by WineNot »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 06:07:39 pm »
Well that is just plain silly.  Obama is well loved and seen as as a great uniter in Alabama.  Why if he were to personally visit the state and campaign for Jones people would come for miles to see him.  There would be informal rallies with bonfires and weenie roasts....

Really?  I'm not seeing that.  I think the hope and joy that Obama originally brought to Blacks has faded a lot when they came to realize he did nothing at all for them.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 06:19:01 pm »
Really?  I'm not seeing that.  I think the hope and joy that Obama originally brought to Blacks has faded a lot when they came to realize he did nothing at all for them.

I know a few people -- white and black -- who still think of Obama as a hero.  Yet, if you ask what exactly did Obama do for them to make their lives better in the 8 years of his reign, they really can't tell you.  They used to mention Obamacare till they found out how bad it was and still is.   Of course, they don't blame him for Obamacare's failure. They blame Republicans.   Now I think all they have to say is that Obama was our first black president. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 06:35:39 pm »
I know a few people -- white and black -- who still think of Obama as a hero.  Yet, if you ask what exactly did Obama do for them to make their lives better in the 8 years of his reign, they really can't tell you.  They used to mention Obamacare till they found out how bad it was and still is.   Of course, they don't blame him for Obamacare's failure. They blame Republicans.   Now I think all they have to say is that Obama was our first black president.

Oh, yeah.  He still has his fans but I think the worship is fading away.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 07:18:00 pm »
  Now I think all they have to say is that Obama was our first black president.

It is in fact,  the sole reason he ever became president.    In terms of accomplishments,  the man always was a big nothing. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 07:23:50 pm »

It is in fact,  the sole reason he ever became president.    In terms of accomplishments,  the man always was a big nothing.

The undisputed champion of platitudes who was never anything but a good teleprompter reader.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 07:30:09 pm »

The bonfires you speak of would probably be made with cross shaped wood.

Offline edpc

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 07:41:10 pm »
The bonfires you speak of would probably be made with cross shaped wood.

Then I don’t want to know what they’re really roasting......

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 07:45:19 pm »
Anyone familiar with Obama's record as a campaigner for others knows this is the best news Moore could've woken up to this morning.