Author Topic: The FBI Is No Friend of Liberty and Justice  (Read 254 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
The FBI Is No Friend of Liberty and Justice
« on: December 10, 2017, 05:16:37 pm »
The FBI's handling of the Michael Flynn case is disturbing.
By Sheldon Richman
http://reason.com/archives/2017/12/10/the-fbi-is-not-your-friend

One of the unfortunate ironies of the manufactured "Russiagate" controversy is the perception of
the FBI as a friend of liberty and justice. But the FBI has never been a friend of liberty and justice.

Rather, as James Bovard writes, it "has a long record of both deceit and incompetence. Five years ago,
Americans learned that the FBI was teaching its agents that 'the FBI has the ability to bend or suspend
the law to impinge on the freedom of others.' This has practically been the Bureau's motif since its
creation in 1908…. The FBI has always used its 'good guy' image to keep a lid on its crimes." (Bovard
has made a vocation of cataloging the FBI's many offenses against liberty and justice, for which we
are forever in his debt.)

Things are certainly not different today. Take the case of Michael Flynn, the retired lieutenant general
who spent less than a month as Donald Trump's national-security adviser. Flynn has pleaded guilty to
lying to the FBI in connection with conversations he had with Russia's then-ambassador to the United
States, Sergey Kislyak, between Trump's election and inauguration. One need not be an admirer of
Flynn—and for many reasons I certainly am not—to be disturbed by how the FBI has handled this
case.

One ought to be immediately suspicious whenever someone is charged with or pleads guilty to lying
to the FBI without any underlying crime being charged . . .

. . . I hold no brief for Flynn, whose conduct while working for Gen. Stanley McChrystal in Afghanistan,
his dubious efforts on behalf of Turkey's strongman Recep Tayyip ErdoÄŸan, and his apparent financial
conflicts of interest are enough to make anyone cringe. But that cannot justify what the FBI did in this
plea case.

Government law-enforcement agencies should not be allowed to administer credibility tests to Americans
or others. If they have evidence of real offenses against persons and property, bring charges. Otherwise,
leave us all alone.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The FBI Is No Friend of Liberty and Justice
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 06:06:57 pm »
Excellent article!  Thanks for digging it up and posting it @EasyAce !

The FBI like the IRS has been a tool frequently used by our political masters against us almost from the day they came into being.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: The FBI Is No Friend of Liberty and Justice
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 06:18:51 pm »
The FBI and every other alphabet agency at Mordor on the Potomac have been corrupted to the point that they are irredeemable and must be regarded as overt enemies of liberty and agents of the oligarchy that only serve to protect and dispense Leftist Social Justice.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775