Author Topic: ‘The President Stole Your Land’: Patagonia picks fight with Trump over national monument reductions  (Read 314 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Republicans in the White House and on Capitol Hill declared war on Patagonia this week after the outdoor clothing giant sued President Trump and told its customers the commander-in-chief “stole your land” by reducing two highly controversial national monuments in Utah.
Powerful Republicans in Congress sent out emails Friday taking direct aim at Patagonia and pushing back hard against its claims that public land had been stolen from American citizens, marking the latest instance of a high-profile company going toe-to-toe with the GOP in a political battle.
Patagonia, which has previously delved into politics by coming out strongly against fracking, was one of the loudest critics of Mr. Trump’s move to shrink both the Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante national monuments last Monday. The action reduced Bears Ears from 1.35 million acres to about 220,000, while Grand Staircase was cut from 1.9 million acres to about 1 million.
Since the announcement, Patagonia’s website has featured the declaration, “The President Stole Your Land,” along with a link to how customers can “fight back” against the administration.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/9/trumps-monument-cuts-spark-war-between-republicans/
Patagonia is the only company I have asked my family NOT to ever buy their products, especially for Christmas presents.

Obama stole Utah's land when he declared National Monuments without consulting with Utah and Patagonia says Trump stole the land? 
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline endicom

That headline is a headscratcher.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Using this convoluted logic, any tax reduction would be 'theft'. Because it would cause a reduction in the public coffers.

That is some real Bizzaro world thinking right there. Not surprising though, coming from a crazy Lib.

Taxes are freedom.
Land confiscation is freedom.

Freedom is theft.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.