Author Topic: Modern Day Witches Call Theirs ‘A Beautiful Way Of Life’  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
NEW PALTZ, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — At a time when participation in traditional religions is declining among Americans, the practice of witchcraft is said to be on the rise.

CBS2’s Ali Bauman went inside the secret world of modern-day witches to explore why so many say they’re falling under its spell.
 (Creepy Video)
“To be a witch is incredibly relevant in today’s society,” Anton Stewart explained.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/12/08/modrn-day-witchcraft/

Disturbing.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Modern Day Witches Call Theirs ‘A Beautiful Way Of Life’
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 07:05:54 pm »
I used to think like that. That things like this were disturbing. Not saying I am better than other people. There are things in my life I have to still answer for. But I am past the point where I would say, "WOW, I could've had a V8!"
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 08:05:37 pm »
I used to think like that. That things like this were disturbing. Not saying I am better than other people. There are things in my life I have to still answer for. But I am past the point where I would say, "WOW, I could've had a V8!"

In my old age, I've found that I can make do with a Slant-6.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 08:55:46 pm »

FWIW, these people think they can make do with a Slant-666.

As a mini thread hijack, I bought a Slant-6 Forest Service pickup in sealed bid auction when I was in high school for $131. Started fixing it up. Was out cruising Main with a friend one Friday evening and a Statey pulled me over. He said you have no tail lights. What? So I'm under the backend fiddling and get them back on. He said that is great but your DL is expired. I said it doesn't expire for two weeks on my b-day. He said it expired LAST year. On your birthday. Here's your sign.  :police:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 09:19:03 pm »
FWIW, these people think they can make do with a Slant-666.

As a mini thread hijack, I bought a Slant-6 Forest Service pickup in sealed bid auction when I was in high school for $131. Started fixing it up. Was out cruising Main with a friend one Friday evening and a Statey pulled me over. He said you have no tail lights. What? So I'm under the backend fiddling and get them back on. He said that is great but your DL is expired. I said it doesn't expire for two weeks on my b-day. He said it expired LAST year. On your birthday. Here's your sign.  :police:

That reminds me...

Hey @roamer_1, you ever get that Fishing License bullcrap straightened out?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 11:08:29 pm »
That reminds me...

Hey @roamer_1, you ever get that Fishing License bullcrap straightened out?

@Cyber Liberty

Nope. Messed up on the written. retaking this month just before christmas... Truck and van have been parked since early summer. I'm on my keds.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 11:55:51 pm »

Hell, Inline six for me.  Easier to set the plug gap.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 12:08:01 am »

Hell, Inline six for me.  Easier to set the plug gap.

uh huh

Another missionary still out on patrol.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 12:16:51 am »
Disturbing.

Meh, whatever float their boat.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 12:22:19 am »
Disturbing.

@Sanguine

"Christ is Love"...

and yet, I've also found that Wicca are some of the most loving people I've known.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 12:25:48 am »
@Sanguine

"Christ is Love"...

and yet, I've also found that Wicca are some of the most loving people I've known.

But, the point is that anything that is substituted for God or creates distance between us and our Creator is forbidden to us. 

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 12:27:39 am »
But, the point is that anything that is substituted for God or creates distance between us and our Creator is forbidden to us.

@Sagunine

I really don't care. I think this is what is so great about America. People have the right to choose their own faith.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 12:33:13 am »

@Sagunine

I really don't care. I think this is what is so great about America. People have the right to choose their own faith.

Um, ok, but where I have I said otherwise?   Remember, just because I'm a believer doesn't mean my opinions are worth any less than you think yours are.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 12:53:48 am »

@Sagunine

You really don't care? Then keep it to yourself.

Glad to know you aren't a patriot.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 12:58:29 am »
@Sanguine

"Christ is Love"...

uh huh.
Of that I have no doubt. The road to hell is paved with good Wiccans. Seriously. Anyone who can cast so concretely.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2017, 01:03:55 am »
The story is out of New Paltz, NY.
A very strange town...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2017, 01:09:45 am »
uh huh.
Of that I have no doubt. The road to hell is paved with good Wiccans. Seriously. Anyone who can cast so concretely.

I grew up learning to cast in the side yard with a cheap rod & reel, and some lead weights.  I never could get the hang of it.  I'll bet if I ever learned from you it would be a different story, I could even do flies.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2017, 01:10:15 am »
@Cyber Liberty
 Nope. Messed up on the written. retaking this month just before christmas... Truck and van have been parked since early summer. I'm on my keds.
@roamer_1

So you have been stuck at home since early last summer because you can't pass a written driver's test?  Is that right?  You have to walk to go somewhere?  Since early last summer until sometime before Christmas is a looong time.  Maybe you should study. You can read, right?  :thud:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2017, 01:12:23 am »
The story is out of New Paltz, NY.
A very strange town...

Not gonna ask you how you know this... ;-)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2017, 01:14:37 am »
@roamer_1

So you have been stuck at home since early last summer because you can't pass a written driver's test?  Is that right?  You have to walk to go somewhere?  Since early last summer until sometime before Christmas is a looong time.  Maybe you should study. You can read, right?  :thud:

@Victoria33, how are you feeling?  Are you getting the better of that cold?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 01:18:51 am »
@Victoria33, how are you feeling?  Are you getting the better of that cold?
@Sanguine

Still mostly have laryngitis, can barely talk beyond a whisper. Coughing up the world, over and over. Hope I can sleep tonight without coughing constantly.  Hope you don't get this.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 01:19:41 am »
@roamer_1

I think the biggest problem is he can't get a stoopit fishing license without the Drivers License.  Dumbest GD State thing I've ever heard of.  Doesn't need to drive all that much.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2017, 01:19:57 am »
@Sanguine

Still mostly have laryngitis, can barely talk beyond a whisper. Coughing up the world, over and over. Hope I can sleep tonight without coughing constantly.  Hope you don't get this.

I hope I don't either!

Hope you feel better soon.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2017, 01:21:25 am »
@Sanguine

I get it.  I had that going last night, along with some puking for good measure.   *****rollingeyes*****
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2017, 01:21:47 am »
@roamer_1

What kind of fiancé are you?  :silly: