Author Topic: RALLYING CRY OF JERUSALEM MAY HAVE LOST FORCE IN ARAB WORLD  (Read 553 times)

Offline endicom

RALLYING CRY OF JERUSALEM MAY HAVE LOST FORCE IN ARAB WORLD
« on: December 07, 2017, 07:41:50 pm »
Power Line
Paul Mirengoff
Dec. 7, 2017

That’s the headline of an article in the New York Times. To which I say, “ya think.”

The point is so obvious that it took three Times reporters — Anne Barnard, Ben Hubbard, and Declan Walsh — to make it. They write:

[A]s Arab and Muslim leaders raised their voices to condemn [Trump’s decision on Jerusalem], many across the Middle East wondered if so much had changed in recent years that the real Arab response would amount to little more than a whimper.

“‘Jerusalem is the capital of Palestine’ joins ‘Palestinian refugees are going back home one day’ in the let’s-hope-it-will-happen-but-it-never-will department,” Mustapha Hamoui, a Lebanese blogger, wrote in a rueful tweet.

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/12/rallying-cry-of-jerusalem-may-have-lost-force-in-arab-world.php

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: RALLYING CRY OF JERUSALEM MAY HAVE LOST FORCE IN ARAB WORLD
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 12:19:21 am »
I think this is so, officially, it looks like the Arabs are hanging together. They are making show. Behind the scenes,  I would surmise a lot of them are not that rapped up in this issue, that it isn't that important to them.

Offline endicom

Re: RALLYING CRY OF JERUSALEM MAY HAVE LOST FORCE IN ARAB WORLD
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 12:36:25 am »
I think this is so, officially, it looks like the Arabs are hanging together. They are making show. Behind the scenes,  I would surmise a lot of them are not that rapped up in this issue, that it isn't that important to them.

What we've done time and again hasn't worked but all we get from the brainy people is to do more of the same. So we need to do something different.

The leaders of the Arab states are probably not wrapped up in the hocus pocus but they have been obligated to act as though they are. That act is no longer working so they need to do something different.

These times are certainly different and Trump is certainly different so we are doing that something different.