Author Topic: Visiting EU, Netanyahu Will Be 'Billed' 1M Euros for Razed West Bank Projects  (Read 512 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Visiting EU, Netanyahu Will Be 'Billed' 1M Euros for Razed West Bank Projects
Haaretz, Dec 7, 2017

Next Monday, December 11, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will pay what is being called an “unofficial visit” to the European Parliament. The visit to Brussels will include a breakfast, which is also classified as unofficial. On top of this, Netanyahu can also expect an unofficial reception: A group of European Parliament members have prepared posters welcoming the prime minister upon his arrival in Europe (“Dear Bibi, Welcome to Europe”), but they also want to ensure that he doesn’t forget to pay a certain invoice before he leaves the continent.

The bill, according to the dozens of EP members who have signed a petition accompanying the posters (and are planning to take out a full-page ad in Haaretz), amounts to 1.2 million euros. That’s how much Israel ostensibly owes the European Union for humanitarian projects the EU built for the Palestinians and which Israel demolished. The projects, all in Area C in the West Bank (that is, under full Israeli civilian and security control), were razed by the Israel Defense Forces by order of the government. Among them were dwellings for homeless Bedouin, structures used for schools and kindergartens, and various infrastructural projects such as water pipes, cisterns and electrical power systems.

More: https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.827360

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Some serious investment in the Rag Heads. Less than 2 million is chump change. What a silly thing to take a stand on.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If I was Bibi, I'd "accept" the bill, and then... tear it up in their faces.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If Israel razed them, odds are it was because they were harboring either terrorists or materiel.  Israel should just tell them tough luck, the residents voided the warranty.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

Send a corresponding bill for clean-up services.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn