Author Topic: Fellow conservatives, it’s time to call on Clarence Thomas to resign  (Read 356 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Fellow conservatives, it’s time to call on Clarence Thomas to resign
Washington Post, Dec 6, 2017, Jay Kaganoff

Amid the sickening tales emerging about Harvey Weinstein, Louis C.K., Roy Moore, Kevin Spacey and so many more, there is a glimmer of hope: The #MeToo movement has emboldened survivors of assault and harassment to come forward. Many men are being held accountable for their behavior, and there are signs that new norms are developing, as more and more people recognize how serious the problem of sexual harassment is.

In this new environment, several on the left have begun reconsidering their support for Bill Clinton. Clinton should have resigned, wrote Matt Yglesias at Vox; Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) also said that Clinton should have resigned. Alyssa Rosenberg went even further, arguing that Democrats even now should shun Clinton.

While some might say that it’s 20 years too late, it’s an important and healthy reckoning to have, and I admire them for it. As one liberal friend of mine said, this isn’t about apologizing to Republicans: This is about Democrats being honest to themselves and being better.

More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2017/12/06/fellow-conservatives-its-time-to-call-on-clarence-thomas-to-resign/?utm_term=.3ec02917dcca&wpisrc=nl_everything&wpmm=1

Offline Right_in_Virginia

***suicide***

Offline LMAO

None of this is liberals taking the highroad.  These are all safe positions now.

It’s so obviously transparent
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline skeeter

None of this is liberals taking the highroad.  These are all safe positions now.

It’s so obviously transparent

One things certain - nothing the democrats do to clean their own house will result in them losing an iota of their own power, while everything they'll demand of Republicans in exchange will enhance it.

They politicize everything.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 03:44:42 pm by skeeter »