Author Topic: State Department Just Issued a Worldwide Warning for US Citizens  (Read 514 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

State Department Just Issued a Worldwide Warning for US Citizens
Townhall, Dec 7, 2017, Leah Barkoukis

The State Department has issued a warning for U.S. citizens traveling anywhere in the world after the Trump administration announced its decision to move the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, recognizing it as the capital of Israel.

The alert, posted on December 6, is a “worldwide caution” that asks U.S. citizens to be on high-alert when traveling.

“As terrorist attacks, political upheaval, and violence often take place without any warning, U.S. citizens are strongly encouraged to maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to increase their security awareness when traveling,” it reads. “In addition to concerns stemming from terrorism, travelers should be alert to the possibility of political unrest, violence, demonstrations, and criminal activities when traveling.  Country-specific information pages and Travel Warnings should be consulted to obtain the latest data on such threats.”

More: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/12/07/state-department-just-issued-a-severe-warning-for-us-citizens-n2419431

Offline Applewood

Re: State Department Just Issued a Worldwide Warning for US Citizens
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 03:23:11 pm »
If I stayed home every time the State Department or Homeland Security issued a warning, I'd never go anywhere. 

Let's face it kids.  Those who hate us are going to try to kill/destroy us, no matter what Trump decided about Jerusalem.  They are just going to use this decision as another excuse for violence. 

We can't  let this stuff scare us.  Be vigilant, take precautions, avoid the trouble spots and subject yourself to groping by TSA agents if you must, but do not sit cowering in a corner out of fear because of yet another travel alert.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 03:27:43 pm »
“As terrorist attacks, political upheaval, and violence often take place without any warning, U.S. citizens are strongly encouraged to maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to increase their security awareness when traveling,” it reads.

That little scamp Nakoula must be making films again........
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 05:25:10 pm »
I don't seem to recall the State Department ever issuing a warning to us when the Baader-Meinhof gang was terrorizing West Germany. We got our own intel on the NATO base I was stationed on, that they were operating in our area.

I fondly remember going to local gasthauses, they had posters of the gang. Everytime one was caught or killed, they put a big red "X" over the picture.

I loved Germany.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 05:28:25 pm »
I loved Germany.

Probably a lot different from what you remember, now, thanks to Merkel.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 05:36:21 pm »

Probably a lot different from what you remember, now, thanks to Merkel.

I doubt it. I lived in a small town on the Mosel River. These towns are too far removed from the major cities. Muslims don't drink wine, so you won't see them frequenting the area.

I continue to buy wine from the winery I'd visit every 4-6 weeks. The son now runs the operation, and the wine is as good as ever. I don't get the sense that there's been a huge change in the way of life there.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.