Author Topic: Wall Street Journal Calls for Deep State Dirty Cop Mueller to Step Down  (Read 2060 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Wall Street Journal Calls for Deep State Dirty Cop Mueller to Step Down
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 06:44:21 pm »
And why are Trump and his supporters so eager to quash this investigation?  You don't know that this is a witch hunt. 

The total lack of evidence of Trump wrongdoing doesn't tip you off?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 06:45:34 pm »
Flynn’s attorney wasn’t informed at the time that the FBI obtained his supposed false statement under false pretenses.

He also wasn't informed that the investigator who took Flynn's testimony and will be a key witness at the trial was removed from his position for bias.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 06:48:32 pm by skeeter »

Offline kidd

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 07:03:44 pm »
And you talk about evidence.  Well, no, there is no evidence yet.  That is what the investigation is for.  To uncover evidence.  If there is none, we will find out soon enough. 

There are no charges.

Searching for evidence in the absence of charges is the very definition of a witch hunt.
And how do you "find out" that there is an absence of evidence?

I didn't vote for Trump, but I respect the election process.
At this point (more than a year and $7 million later), with no results, the Mueller "investigation" is becoming a means to overturn an election.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 07:14:24 pm by kidd »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 07:12:34 pm »
There are no charges.

Searching for evidence in the absence of charges is the very definition of a witch hunt.

I didn't vote for Trump, but I respect the election process.
At this point (more than a year and $7 million later), with no results, the Mueller "investigation" is becoming a means to overturn an election.

Well said Sir! I fully concur!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 07:41:02 pm »
@Applewood, without reading all of the comments on this thread, I will attempt to answer your questions as to why we are questioning the legitimacy of Mueller's investigation:

1. Mueller has hired a rogue's gallery of highly partisan and openly anti-Trump people.  There can be no expectation of objectivity from this group.
2. Regarding the charge of "fixing the election", there is simply no evidence that there were any real attempts made to fix the election, and if the Russians had been successful in such an attempt, they would have most likely come down on the side of Clinton.  If there were any credible attempts to fix anything, I would agree with you that it should be thoroughly investigated and chips fall where they may.  There's just nothing there.

I do have some questions about Trump's business dealings over time, but even more about Clinton's.  However, none of that is being investigated.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2017, 07:44:19 pm »
It is sad that so many are willing to give up "justice" in pursuit of a political agenda. We get it that
you do not like President Trump but you're willingness to unleash a partisan witch hunt against
him without a shred of evidence of any crime is really just too much to take. You can shove your
let be fair sanctimonious BS where the Sun does not shine.

I’ve said from the git-go that I doubted there would be any evidence of “collusion” between Trump and the Russians, and I still believe that.   Having said that, I think the Trump team was their own worst enemy during this investigation by lying, misleading, “failing to remember”, and not disclosing meetings.  This has likely extended the investigation and raised doubts about the Trump team’s innocence.  We all know from the Nixon and Clinton investigations that it’s often not the crime initially being investigated but the cover-up or something tangential to the initial investigation.  We all know this, but Team Trump has mismanaged this since the beginning IMO.

I genuinely believe that this entire investigation would have likely been over by now had Trump and his team been more forthcoming rather than being misleading, lying, and not disclosing meetings.  If you don’t want to do the time, don’t do the crime.  Don’t lie to the Feds.  It’s not that hard.  This thing has been a mess from the beginning:  mostly self-inflicted wounds IMO.

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2017, 08:00:46 pm »
I’ve said from the git-go that I doubted there would be any evidence of “collusion” between Trump and the Russians, and I still believe that.   Having said that, I think the Trump team was their own worst enemy during this investigation by lying, misleading, “failing to remember”, and not disclosing meetings.  This has likely extended the investigation and raised doubts about the Trump team’s innocence.  We all know from the Nixon and Clinton investigations that it’s often not the crime initially being investigated but the cover-up or something tangential to the initial investigation.  We all know this, but Team Trump has mismanaged this since the beginning IMO.

I genuinely believe that this entire investigation would have likely been over by now had Trump and his team been more forthcoming rather than being misleading, lying, and not disclosing meetings.  If you don’t want to do the time, don’t do the crime.  Don’t lie to the Feds.  It’s not that hard.  This thing has been a mess from the beginning:  mostly self-inflicted wounds IMO.

Sorry, but after a year of being treated to daily breaking news that Trump surrogates were caught kidnapping Lindbergh’s baby – or, equivalent – you believe there might be some there there?

Hey, did you know I own the Brooklyn bridge outright?  Care to buy that, too?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2017, 08:11:51 pm »
Best solution to the "Mueller problem":

1. Wait until Roy Moore wins (need his vote in the Senate)
2. FIRE Mueller
3. FIRE all the others working under him
4. Close down the investigation
5. Make public the records of the investigation
6. Take the heat
7. Move on...

Offline Concerned

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2017, 08:50:21 pm »
Sorry, but after a year of being treated to daily breaking news that Trump surrogates were caught kidnapping Lindbergh’s baby – or, equivalent – you believe there might be some there there?

Hey, did you know I own the Brooklyn bridge outright?  Care to buy that, too?

I absolutely stand by the statement you highlighted.  I believe the Trump team lied (e.g., Flynn and Papadopoulos both admitted to it and Manafort and Gates have been charged with it).  They’ve been misleading (e.g., Don Jr. statement about his Russia meeting).  They “failed to remember” (e.g., much of Sessions testimony before Congress once it was proven he had met with Russians after he failed to disclose during his prior testimony).  And they’ve failed to disclose (e.g., Kushner’s ever changing SF-86 form and Manafort’s  FARA statements as charged in Count 11 of his indictment).  I also absolutely stand by my statement prior the highlighted one too that I don’t think Mueller will uncover any evidence that Trump “colluded” with the Russians.  All those statements above can be truthful, and I believe they are.

I did not know you owned the Brooklyn Bridge outright (congratulations -- I'm sure you wouldn't lie about that  :nono:), but I have no interest in buying it.  Thanks for the offer though.   :whistle:

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.