Author Topic: McConnell: Roy Moore ethics probe 'almost certain' if he's elected  (Read 793 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/29/mcconnell-roy-moore-ethics-probe-almost-certain-if-hes-elected.html

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., told Fox News Wednesday that an ethics investigation of Roy Moore is "almost certain" if the Republican is elected in next month's Alabama runoff vote.

McConnell, who backed incumbent Sen. Luther Strange against Moore in September's Republican primary runoff, told "The Ingraham Angle" that the Senate would "deal with the aftermath of the decision the people of Alabama make on Dec. 12." He declined to indicate whether the Senate would vote to expel Moore, saying only "it'll be up to the [Senate Ethics] committee."

Moore has been accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl and a 16-year-old girl in two separate incidents that occurred when he was in his early 30s. Other women have accused Moore of asking them out on dates while they were teenagers during the same period.

Earlier this month, McConnell said Moore should step away from the race, telling reporters, "I believe the women."

Those remarks were echoed by Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., who told host Laura Ingraham, "I find the accusations against [Moore] to be credible and I don’t think anything he has said or done in the last couple of weeks has helped him in that regard.

"That said," Rubio added, "this information is before the voters of Alabama and if they elect him and then you as a Senate have ethics hearings to remove him from office or something like that, that gets more complicated."

More at link.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: McConnell: Roy Moore ethics probe 'almost certain' if he's elected
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 06:41:11 pm »
I have an idea, let's have ethics probes into every member of both houses, that should keep them from doing anything to harm American Citizens for quite a while, except I doubt very many would survive a thorough probing :whistle:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 06:50:28 pm »
Key word incase you missed it!  "ALMOST"!

Mitch is just having another wet dream!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 06:52:16 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 07:01:49 pm »
Mitch the agent for Gloria Allred?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 07:26:27 pm »
And what will they find?  Oooooh he asked some girls younger than him out for a date.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 07:43:29 pm »
...an ethics investigation of Roy Moore is "almost certain" if the Republican is elected in next month's Alabama runoff vote.

McConnell, who backed incumbent Sen. Luther Strange against Moore in September's Republican primary runoff, told "The Ingraham Angle" that the Senate would "deal with the aftermath of the decision the people of Alabama make on Dec. 12."

Translation:  "We have ways to nullify your choice for representative if you small little useless eaters do not choose whom we want for your rulers".
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline mrclose

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 10:56:09 pm »
They can then investigate Elvis! :shrug:

Priscilla Presley met Elvis Presley in 1959, when she was 14.
(Elvis was 24)
At that time, Elvis was serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
They began a romance, and Priscilla eventually followed Elvis to the United States.
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self