Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Administration Officially Moving The U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem  (Read 6211 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
"And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it". - Zechariah 12:3
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
"And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it". - Zechariah 12:3

Yep. 

http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/article.cfm?recent_news_id=1818
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline bilo

You are worried that he is trying to steal the Jewish vote from Cruz?   I didn't know Cruz had the Jewish vote.  I thought the Democrats mostly had the Jewish vote.  (Something like 80% of it anyway.) 

What about the possibility of him doing it simply because it's the right thing to do?   I have always chaffed under the idea that we should concern ourselves with who might be upset if we acknowledge the plain truth that Jerusalem is in fact the Capitol of Israel.   

What's wrong with the plain truth?

I agree there is nothing wrong with the plain truth!

Also, I think he might have bought into the idea of the 3 state solution. What the media talks about all the time is the 2 state solution where a new country called Palestine is created. The more realistic approach is not creating a new nation for terrorists to attach Israel from, but rather to have these people assimilated into Egypt and Jordan. Egypt looks like they are willing to deal with terrorists having put down the muslim brotherhood. Jordan is the wildcard. I'm not sure they are willing to deal with these  people.

It might be time though because Saudi Arabia is changing and the middle east muslim countries are seeing iran as the greater threat.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   I'm on record as stating this was just Red Meat he was throwing out to his Base very 6 months or so.
   If he actually pulls this off, I'll know he's trying to steal the Jewish Vote from Sen. Cruz in 2020.

You're making it hard to love you, @corbe ... What an utterly stupid post.  Grow up, baby.

Here's what Cruz said about it:

"I have seen the news reports on President Trump’s possible historic announcement tomorrow on Jerusalem.

I strongly encourage and would unequivocally support President Trump formally recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and beginning the important process of moving our Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

For thousands of years, Jerusalem has played a profound, defining, and central role in the history and identity of the Jewish people. It has been the capital of the modern State of Israel since it was established in 1948. Israel’s Prime Minister, President, Knesset, and Supreme Court are located there.
 As I have long advocated, it is long past time that the United States recognize the capital of one of our closest and most cherished allies in the entire world."
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

Yep. 

http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/article.cfm?recent_news_id=1818

Prophesy News Watch? The whole damn site is looking for news to support their claim of an impending Armageddon.

No wonder you are always so upbeat.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Prophesy News Watch? The whole damn site is looking for news to support their claim of an impending Armageddon.

I do not fear Armageddon.  You can choose to keep laughing off reality.  This move is right but it will ignite firestorm in the ME.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline RoosGirl

That is the worst video game ever.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The whole damn site is looking for news to support their claim of an impending Armageddon.

For no one knoweth the day or hour, not even the full lyrics

But, yea, even the most wicked amongst you will rejoice in unison

'Leonard Bernstein!'

From the Book of Stipe
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Victoria33

@INVAR

Yes, this could be the time.  The Palestinians have declared THREE DAYS OF RAGE.  People are going to die.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I think this is wonderful.  As for @corbe I snickered when I read his post.  I couldn't tell whether he was trying to be funny or what.  The Jewish vote?  That Cruz has sewed up?

Way to entertain us, Corbe.

Tread lightly.  You mess with Corbe, you messin' with the whole trailer park.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

Tread lightly.  You mess with Corbe, you messin' with the whole trailer park.

Those never turn out good.....

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Cheers for President Trump on this issue. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@INVAR

Yes, this could be the time.  The Palestinians have declared THREE DAYS OF RAGE.  People are going to die.

Yes, this could get ugly. @Victoria33

Online DB

You're making it hard to love you, @corbe ... What an utterly stupid post.  Grow up, baby.

Here's what Cruz said about it:

"I have seen the news reports on President Trump’s possible historic announcement tomorrow on Jerusalem.

I strongly encourage and would unequivocally support President Trump formally recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and beginning the important process of moving our Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

For thousands of years, Jerusalem has played a profound, defining, and central role in the history and identity of the Jewish people. It has been the capital of the modern State of Israel since it was established in 1948. Israel’s Prime Minister, President, Knesset, and Supreme Court are located there.
 As I have long advocated, it is long past time that the United States recognize the capital of one of our closest and most cherished allies in the entire world."

I don't think you took that post as intended... But oh well...

Offline jpsb

Good it is about time. Well done President Trump. It's time to stop appeasing Islam.

Offline bilo

Good it is about time. Well done President Trump. It's time to stop appeasing Islam.

Also, leadership in muslim countries with large populations under 35 are beginning to see that the growth of a literal reading and adherence to the koran will probably lead to their own demise. They are beginning to recognize that they need to move away from a koran first society to a more "tolerant" modern view as evidenced by the changes going on in Saudi Arabia. They have so far to go it's going to be a long process, but it seems to be starting. It's also why I think the 3 state solution makes sense over the creation of a new country. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Also, leadership in muslim countries with large populations under 35 are beginning to see that the growth of a literal reading and adherence to the koran will probably lead to their own demise. They are beginning to recognize that they need to move away from a koran first society to a more "tolerant" modern view as evidenced by the changes going on in Saudi Arabia. They have so far to go it's going to be a long process, but it seems to be starting. It's also why I think the 3 state solution makes sense over the creation of a new country.

We can only hope.....    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
   I'm on record as stating this was just Red Meat he was throwing out to his Base very 6 months or so.
   If he actually pulls this off, I'll know he's trying to steal the Jewish Vote from Sen. Cruz in 2020.

Yes, how can we forget, another thing Senator Cruz invented like the Constitution.  :rolling:

@corbe
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:31:28 pm by TomSea »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

ROFL!

My suspicions are similarly 'out there'....  that he's emulating GWB and getting the jihadist to expose himself to the light of day.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
This was a big, bold move by Trump.  He is putting the Palestinians (and the Arab world) on notice that there will be no more bleep-footing around.  In spite of the diplomatic community's apoplexy, in the end the move will be respected by the Arabs because it is decisive, as opposed to the wishy-washy, two-faced approach we have traditionally taken when it comes to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 04:00:49 pm by massadvj »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Are we talking about the capital being West Jerusalem (Israel's current seat of government) or all of Jerusalem?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This was a big, bold move by Trump.  He is putting the Palestinians (and the Arab world) on notice that there will be no more bleep-footing around.  In spite of the diplomatic community'd apoplexy, in the end the move will be respected by the Arabs because it is decisive, as opposed to the wishy-washy, two-faced approach we have traditionally taken when it comes to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen: again!

FINALLY a leader in the Whitehouse!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

This was a big, bold move by Trump.  He is putting the Palestinians (and the Arab world) on notice that there will be no more bleep-footing around.  In spite of the diplomatic community'd apoplexy, in the end the move will be respected by the Arabs because it is decisive, as opposed to the wishy-washy, two-faced approach we have traditionally taken when it comes to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

If the Turks can keep Constantinople with no controversy then I really don't know why Islam should be so upset about the Jews calling Jerusalem their Capital. Hell the Muslims stole both places.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:05:31 pm by skeeter »