Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Administration Officially Moving The U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem  (Read 6212 times)

Offline bilo

President Trump will make an announcement Wednesday that the United States is officially moving the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. The move sends the signal that Jerusalem is the official and undivided capital of Israel.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/12/05/breaking-trump-administration-officially-moving-the-us-embassy-to-jerusalem-n2417597
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

This is probably the beginning of a 3 state solution to the Palestinian problem. I remember seeing yesterday that the Trump admn. is asking Eygpt to take Gaza into it's Sinai territory. I imagine they are already talking to the Jordanians about assimilating the remaining pockets of Palestinians.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline DiogenesLamp

President Trump will make an announcement Wednesday that the United States is officially moving the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. The move sends the signal that Jerusalem is the official and undivided capital of Israel.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/12/05/breaking-trump-administration-officially-moving-the-us-embassy-to-jerusalem-n2417597

Was just reading this when I glanced in here to see your post. 

Trump Jerusalem declaration threatens two-state solution cartel

By recognizing Jerusalem as the capital, in accordance with Israel’s legal mandate, the life’s work of the foreign policy elite in promoting the so-called “peace process” could be rendered a giant, meaningless waste of time. It has arguably resulted in the opposite of peace, and has instead created impoverishment, destruction, double standards, and the loss of many innocent lives.

For decades, Washington think-tankers, legacy media outfits, the United Nations, and leaders of massive government bureaucracies have promoted the two-state-solution as a means to solve the dispute between Israel and the stateless Palestinians.

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/trump-jerusalem-declaration-panics-two-state-solution-cartel
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:12:36 am by DiogenesLamp »
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
There will be some turmoil if this comes to past. That one can count on.

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm guessing our rag headed friends are dusting off the Kalashnikovs and and exploding vests right about now. 

Offline Frank Cannon

Which one can count on what?

Online corbe

I'm on record as stating this was just Red Meat he was throwing out to his Base very 6 months or so.
   If he actually pulls this off, I'll know he's trying to steal the Jewish Vote from Sen. Cruz in 2020.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

@TomSea

Because otherwise Muslims would have been peaceful as always.

Offline Frank Cannon

@TomSea

Of course they are. "Religion of Peace" as some Bush or another said.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I'm on record as stating this was just Red Meat he was throwing out to his Base very 6 months or so.
   If he actually pulls this off, I'll know he's trying to steal the Jewish Vote from Sen. Cruz in 2020.

You are worried that he is trying to steal the Jewish vote from Cruz?   I didn't know Cruz had the Jewish vote.  I thought the Democrats mostly had the Jewish vote.  (Something like 80% of it anyway.) 

What about the possibility of him doing it simply because it's the right thing to do?   I have always chaffed under the idea that we should concern ourselves with who might be upset if we acknowledge the plain truth that Jerusalem is in fact the Capitol of Israel.   

What's wrong with the plain truth?   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

@TomSea

Ha! I get your sarcasm and agree with it!   Had to happen eventually.  :) 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If Trump gets this done, it will be a monumental global event. This has been discussed since the founding of Israel in 1948.

However, Trump also said he was going to build a border wall. What I mean by that is that so many of the Deep State,(e.g., Hillary, et al) are so far deeply in the pockets of Muslim nations, they will do everything in their power to block this at all costs.

Additionally, the Left doesn't want Trump to succeed at anything, at all, ever. So, they will be motivated to block this for political reasons, just like they are currently doing with the border wall.

Unless Trump can knock out at least some of the embedded Deep State and also motivate Congress this may never actually happen.

Wanting it to happen, authorizing it to happen, and making it happen in reality, are very far apart. So, I wouldn't too excited yet.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline RoosGirl

It's because Trump thinks the Jews in NY are the same as those in Israel.

https://www.zillow.com/jerusalem-ny/

Offline DiogenesLamp

It's because Trump thinks the Jews in NY are the same as those in Israel.

That is another point I was going to bring up.   What makes Corbe think that American Jews care very much about Israel?   From what I have been reading,   they have become less and less concerned about Israel with each passing year.   

@corbe
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

Of course they are. "Religion of Peace" as some Bush or another said.

@Frank Cannon

I remember that guy.  We have no quarrel with Islam, or something.

Silver Pines

Ha! I get your sarcasm and agree with it!   Had to happen eventually.  :)

@DiogenesLamp

I'm glad you got that.

I don't think this is the first time we've agreed, D.  Uh...

...well, maybe it is.  :)

Online corbe

True, the Dems may get 80% of the Jewish Vote, particularly in the NE. My contention @DiogenesLamp  was only that a significant majority of that available +/- 20 % was for Cruz during the Primary, not Trump, IMHO and that can be a game changer  in a tight National Election.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
   True, the Dems may get 80% of the Jewish Vote, particularly in the NE. My contention @DiogenesLamp  was only that a significant majority of that available +/- 20 % was for Cruz during the Primary, not Trump, IMHO and that can be a game changer  in a tight National Election.

At the rate things are going, I don't see Ted running against Trump in 2020.  The only way I see him running is if Trump steps down, then you'll likely see a Cruz, Pence run off.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I think Trump's probability of winning the 2020 primary lies entirely upon what he does between now and then.   I think the Wall is a pretty important promise,  and some sort of progress on  it must be shown.   Of course all bets are off if a war with North Korea breaks out. 

I think the nation will rally behind a President in a serious killing war.

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You are worried that he is trying to steal the Jewish vote from Cruz?   I didn't know Cruz had the Jewish vote.  I thought the Democrats mostly had the Jewish vote.  (Something like 80% of it anyway.) 

What about the possibility of him doing it simply because it's the right thing to do?   I have always chaffed under the idea that we should concern ourselves with who might be upset if we acknowledge the plain truth that Jerusalem is in fact the Capitol of Israel.   

I think this is wonderful.  As for @corbe I snickered when I read his post.  I couldn't tell whether he was trying to be funny or what.  The Jewish vote?  That Cruz has sewed up?

Way to entertain us, Corbe.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

I think Trump's probability of winning the 2020 primary lies entirely upon what he does between now and then.   I think the Wall is a pretty important promise,  and some sort of progress on  it must be shown.   Of course all bets are off if a war with North Korea breaks out. 

I think the nation will rally behind a President in a serious killing war.

Agreed.  There have been some positives; he's appointed Gorsuch to the bench, his refugee ban is now holding, he's pulled the U.S. out of the U.N. migration compact, he dealt with Syria swiftly and assertively, it appears that his tax plan will be passed and IF he manages to start building the wall ... I see him running virtually unopposed on the GOP side.  The only quagmire right now that could hurt him, is if Mueller finds something to bury him or Pence or both.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Agreed.  There have been some positives; he's appointed Gorsuch to the bench, his refugee ban is now holding, he's pulled the U.S. out of the U.N. migration compact, he dealt with Syria swiftly and assertively, it appears that his tax plan will be passed and IF he manages to start building the wall ... I see him running virtually unopposed on the GOP side.  The only quagmire right now that could hurt him, is if Mueller finds something to bury him or Pence or both.

Mueller may himself be in trouble for that stunt he has pulled with Flynn.   I read a comment from a former judge earlier today that make it appear that the Mueller team committed some legally unethical acts,  and according to the Judge,  sufficient to get him disbarred.
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

It's bland and doesn't really compare to caramel fudge swirl truth.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Yes, and most of the so-called negatives are about things he didn't get done because of Congress or the courts.  Well, one of those things has now been handled by the courts and, with the tax plan done, he can concentrate on the wall.  But the refugee ban is a huge start and may end up being as effective as a wall because, while Mexican immigrants hurt the economy, they don't actually try to kill us.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

It's bland and doesn't really compare to caramel fudge swirl truth.

I'm a vanilla girl, myself.