Author Topic: Stickman drawing of school shooting leads to Florida man's arrest  (Read 700 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Stickman drawing of school shooting leads to Florida man's arrest
by Alex Johnson

A Florida man is charged with making a violent written threat after school officials found a rudimentary drawing of a gunman shooting people outside a burning school on a kid's homework, authorities said.

The man, Robert Paul Alexander Edwards, 33, of Mexico Beach, Fla., was arrested Friday on a charge of making a written threat to kill or do bodily injury, a second-degree felony, Gulf County Sheriff Mike Harrison said Monday.

Edwards is being held on $150,000 bond pending a Jan. 2 hearing in Gulf County Circuit Court. If he is convicted, he could face as long as 15 years in prison and a fine of $10,000.

Image of "stickman drawing" and the story continues at: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/stickman-drawing-school-shooting-student-s-homework-leads-florida-man-n826481
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:54:27 pm by TomSea »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Stickman drawing of school shooting leads to Florida man's arrest
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 01:25:32 pm »
All I can say is that if they had ever looked at the margin art on my grade school schoolwork, I'd be in irons still.

I had everything from Civil War reenactments to naval battles to WWIII on there....

But as for the accused, case dismissed! Everyone knows "pew pew" is for ray guns, real guns go 'bang bang'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 01:58:31 pm »
All I can say is that if they had ever looked at the margin art on my grade school schoolwork, I'd be in irons still.

I had everything from Civil War reenactments to naval battles to WWIII on there....

But as for the accused, case dismissed! Everyone knows "pew pew" is for ray guns, real guns go 'bang bang'.

Me too.  Tank battles were my fav followed by strafing runs by F-4's and then the finale...drop napalm on the whole theater of combat!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 01:59:20 pm »

I'd be the iron-fisted ruler of the galaxy.  In the summer of '77, my art had the moon becoming the Death Star and destroying the school, so I didn't have to go to 4th grade in September. 

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 03:52:01 pm »
Alright, somehow they found the drawing in the homework or text book of a student. Sure, a lot of people might draw things others might take issue with.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 09:51:34 pm »
I recently came across a 1930s textbook with a sketch of Hitler, cowboys, guns, etc. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn