Author Topic: Ramstein chaplain found guilty of stealing from German grocery store  (Read 1109 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Capt. Sharior Rahman, an imam at Ramstein Air Base and one of only a handful of Muslim clerics in the Air Force, was convicted by a military judge Tuesday of larceny and conspiracy to commit larceny in a shoplifting incident last year

The judge, Col. Mark Milam, ordered the chaplain to forfeit $3,000 of his pay for one month but did not dismiss him from the service.

Whether Rahman will remain in the chaplaincy with a general court-martial conviction still needs to be determined by the organization that endorsed him as a military chaplain, officials said.

The charges stem from a shopping trip last year at an Edeka store in Homburg, where Rahman and his wife, Sanam, a civilian, shoplifted about 70 euros worth of groceries, according to court testimony. A second shoplifting involving the couple occurred two weeks later at the Exchange on Ramstein, though no criminal charges were filed in the latter incident.

https://www.stripes.com/news/ramstein-chaplain-found-guilty-of-stealing-from-german-grocery-store-1.500895
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline dfwgator

Re: Ramstein chaplain found guilty of stealing from German grocery store
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 09:10:12 pm »
Muslims in the military, what could possibly go wrong?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 09:14:04 pm »
There's probably a verse in their Crazy Koran that justifies stealing from infidels, since infidels to them are sub-human, etc.

Isn't this "conduct unbecoming an officer" etc.?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 09:16:19 pm »
There's probably a verse in their Crazy Koran that justifies stealing from infidels, since infidels to them are sub-human, etc.

Isn't this "conduct unbecoming an officer" etc.?

Seems pretty cut and dried case of that to me.  But with this being an Imam and not a Baptist Chaplain...I'm guessing he isn't held to the same standard for obvious reasons.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 09:28:23 pm »
It would be "cut and dried," and out of the service if it were up to me. No offense, but being a chaplain in the military is a pretty cushy job.

My only contact with a military chaplain, left me unsatisfied. I was concerned over my distraught 18 year old wife back home, during my infantry training at the peak of Vietnam. All he offered me was "buck up, and Kill a Commie for Christ."

:facepalm2:

Thankfully they are better today.  Though your experience with them might go towards explaining why I've seen several older chaplains in my time with a CIB...Jump wings and a couple with the Special Forces tab LOL! 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 01:32:05 pm »
Whether Rahman will remain in the chaplaincy with a general court-martial conviction still needs to be determined by the organization that endorsed him as a military chaplain, officials said.
The story doesn't explain this. Why would anyone but USAF authorities determine his future?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 01:48:24 pm »
The story doesn't explain this. Why would anyone but USAF authorities determine his future?

@mountaineer

To be a military Chaplain you have to have an endorsement from an organization like the United Methodist Church...Southern Baptist Convention...etc etc...if you lose your endorsement...you lose your ability to be a Chaplain in the military.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 02:29:31 pm »
I understand the need to be "ordained," as it were. It just seems to me that the military should have some say in whether this criminal should be a chaplain, too. Perhaps he should have received a dishonorable discharge.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 03:52:59 pm »
I understand the need to be "ordained," as it were. It just seems to me that the military should have some say in whether this criminal should be a chaplain, too. Perhaps he should have received a dishonorable discharge.

IMHO were he not Muslim...what you suggest would have happened already.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 04:09:25 pm »
:facepalm2:

Thankfully they are better today.  Though your experience with them might go towards explaining why I've seen several older chaplains in my time with a CIB...Jump wings and a couple with the Special Forces tab LOL!

I generally respect people of faith. My remark was just about this one, when I got less than I hoped to get.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 04:13:36 pm »
I generally respect people of faith. My remark was just about this one, when I got less than I hoped to get.

No i get that. And I'm sorry you got one that was such a dud.

My lame attempt at humor was trying to say that too many folks in combat MOS's got tired of dealing with a Chaplain like the one you had and became chaplains themselves. Hence the CIB and SF tabs while wearing crossses on their uniform collars.

I try harder next time  ^-^

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 04:42:30 pm »
My former pastor's son is an Army chaplain. I don't know about him, but his wife is a flaming liberal, which is hard to understand. Off topic, I know. Sorry!