Author Topic: ABC News Chief EVISCERATES Staff Over Michael Flynn Error, Tape Reveals  (Read 486 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
ABC News Chief EVISCERATES Staff Over Michael Flynn Error, Tape Reveals
Emily Zanotti

excerpt:

He was . . . not subtle . . . in his remarks to staff.

"I don't think ever in my career have I felt more rage and disappointment and frustration that I felt through this weekend and through the last half of Friday," Goldston told the ABC newsroom.

"I don't even know how many times we've talked about this, how many times we have talked about the need to get it right," he added. "That how we have to be right and not first. About how in this particular moment, with the stakes as high as these stakes are right now, we cannot afford to get it wrong."

Goldston also noted how badly ABC suffered in the aftermath. We "spent this weekend getting absolutely pilloried as a news division for reporting fake news," he said. "250,000 tweets. One percent positive, 99 percent negative about this news division. Two tweets from the president."

"If it isn't obvious to everyone in this news division, we have taken a huge hit and we have made the job of every single person in this news division harder as a result. It's much, much harder," Goldston continued. "We have people in Washington who are going to bear the brunt of this today and in the days forward. Very, very, very, very unfortunate. Really, really angry about it."

The worst part of the incident, Goldston said, was that Michael Flynn's charging documents appeared before the story was set to air, and, had Ross and his team merely read the documents,

more at:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/24328/abc-news-chief-eviscerates-staff-over-michael-emily-zanotti?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: ABC News Chief EVISCERATES Staff Over Michael Flynn Error, Tape Reveals
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 06:58:51 pm »
IMO, no way was a tape surreptitiously handed to CNN.

It was no doubt couriered across town on a bike.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 07:02:25 pm »
i bet those snowflakes are still crying.

BTW thats not "eviscerates", thats mildly upset and embarrassed.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 02:01:29 am »
Goldston also noted how badly ABC suffered in the aftermath. We "spent this weekend getting absolutely pilloried as a news division for reporting fake news," he said. "250,000 tweets. One percent positive, 99 percent negative about this news division. Two tweets from the president."

Too bad, so sad.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 02:07:02 am »
Glad I wasn't in that meeting.  Had I been blasted with four 'verys' and two 'reallys,' I'd probably need therapy.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 04:35:01 am »
If this suit is so very very very very very very very very very very upset about this matter, why does Brian Ross still work there? This is his 5th blown or faked story since 2001. This network also let this story headline their low rating snoozefest The View. Is Joyless Behar getting called out as well?

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 04:48:30 am »
If this suit is so very very very very very very very very very very upset about this matter, why does Brian Ross still work there? This is his 5th blown or faked story since 2001. This network also let this story headline their low rating snoozefest The View. Is Joyless Behar getting called out as well?

Most likely because he has a really strong contract.  Sometimes a high-priced lawyer is worth the fees.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 04:57:41 am »
BTW thats not "eviscerates", thats mildly upset and embarrassed.

You weren't there at the end when he huffed, crossed his arms, and stomped out of the room.  It was terrifying.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.