Author Topic: Mueller Fired FBI’s Strzok for Leaking Classified Trump Intel to Washington Post; Mueller Knew Agent  (Read 2738 times)

Offline skeeter

To answer that you need to look at his appointment letter here:

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3726408-Rosenstein-letter-appointing-Mueller-special.html

and reference Title 28 › Chapter VI › Part 600 › Section 600.4 here:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/28/600.4

Seems pretty open-ended.

Open ended in so far as Rosenstein authorizes the expanded scope. Do we know whether he's done that?

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
@EdJames

Expecting Sessions to have already undone in the 9 months all the damage Eric "The Red" Holder inflicted at the DOJ in the previous 8 years is patently unfair I think.

I agree, it will take quite a bit of time and effort.

Offline EdJames

Start with bringing in a clean slate of folks. No holdovers. No special prosecutors. Why have assistant US Attorneys. It’s their jobs to prosecute. Why isn’t sessions using them to go after Clinton or anyone else associated with her and her crimes?

We don't know that he isn't.  Assuming that there is a handful of untainted prosecutors that he has enlisted to do just that, they may very well be doing that.  (The point being, is just because there hasn't been a press conference or statement released, it doesn't mean that the work is not underway.)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Open ended in so far as Rosenstein authorizes the expanded scope. Do we know whether he's done that?

I don't know that!  But Mueller is sure acting as if he has!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
We don't know that he isn't.  Assuming that there is a handful of untainted prosecutors that he has enlisted to do just that, they may very well be doing that.  (The point being, is just because there hasn't been a press conference or statement released, it doesn't mean that the work is not underway.)

Absolutely right!  And talking about it publically would be entirely improper!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

Not to my knowledge.  However, I think that item b.ii. in the letter is fairly broad itself.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Not to my knowledge.  However, I think that item b.ii. in the letter is fairly broad itself.

It is!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
IMO, Mr. Strzok should purchase more life insurance...at his earliest convenience.    :whistle:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

@EdJames @skeeter

I find this to be somewhat encouraging.

! No longer available

Yes it is. But Trump must tread carefully - don't want to breath new life into this charade. Thats exactly what Mueller is hoping for.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Yes it is. But Trump must tread carefully - don't want to breath new life into this charade. Thats exactly what Mueller is hoping for.

Agreed!  That is why they must wait for the IG report to be released.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

@EdJames @skeeter

I find this to be somewhat encouraging.

! No longer available

My first reaction is Thank God for Tom Fitton and Judicial Watch!  Without them and their efforts over the past several years, we would still be in the dark about a great deal of these, and related, topics!

Also, as I have mentioned to you recently, I believe that we should allow for a bit more time to make a judgement on what General Sessions and Director Wray have been doing.  At this moment, I have a bit more confidence in Sessions, but only because I don't know much about Wray and I haven't read or heard anything from him since his confirmation.

Offline EdJames

Agreed!  That is why they must wait for the IG report to be released.

I also agree, the IG report will be a very critical element in determining how much faith we should have in swamp draining at this point in time!

Offline RetBobbyMI

Even with the IG report, nothin will happen. It’s the DC culture.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
After all the high minded praise about how good Mueller was, it comes down to he failed his country by failing to perform a fair unbiased investigation.

He cheated and got caught. May his name go down in infamy, as a crooked political hack.

Trump and Sessions should send him back channel signals, to resign to avoid being canned.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Does anyone know the correct pronunciation of Strzok's name?  I've heard it as 'Strock,' 'Strahzick," and 'Stroyk."

It's almost as bothersome to me as this.......

http://www.westword.com/news/top-112-spellings-of-moammar-gadhafi-or-gaddafi-or-qaddafi-or-kadafi-5875642
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Trump and Sessions should send him back channel signals, to resign to avoid being canned.
I think would make him want to drum up more fake charges to maintain a facade of importance so his fellow Dems can incessantly banter the drums of impeachment again.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bigun wrote:
"You are each now confirmed as the new attorney General of the United States. How do you go about cleaning up the DOJ after Eric "The Red" Holder?"

1. Terminate every "non-union" employee hired between January 2009 and January 2018.
2. Terminate every "non-union" employee hired between January 1993 and January 2001.
3. Check out EVERYONE else.

How's that?