Author Topic: John Conyers will retire, let a relative run for his seat: Report  (Read 3435 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Conyers will retire, let a relative run for his seat: Report
by Anna Giaritelli | Dec 5, 2017, 7:13 AM

Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., is expected to announce Tuesday that he will not seek-election in 2018, ending his run as the longest-serving House member after allegations of sexual harassment, according to a report published Tuesday morning.

"He is not resigning. He is going to retire," state Sen. Sen. Ian Conyers, the grandson of the congressman's brother, told the New York Times. "His doctor advised him that the rigor of another campaign would be too much for him just in terms of his health."

Ian Conyers, 29, will run for the seat in an attempt to keep the district in the family.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/john-conyers-will-retire-let-a-relative-run-for-his-seat-report/article/2642559
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: John Conyers will retire, let a relative run for his seat: Report
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 02:35:43 pm »
"His doctor advised him that the rigor of another campaign would be too much for him just in terms of his health."

Translation: Johnny is getting too old to run around grabbing asses anymore.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 02:45:23 pm »
Nah, Johnny knows when the gig is up. Instead of being forced out on allegations or charges, he skates and gets all the bennies and perks of a former Congressman--and the grabass  news disappears with the next couple of news cycles. (Getting out while the getting is good).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 02:52:29 pm »
Tell me this guy does not look like a Mafia hit-man

At 29 years old, guess another Conyers will occupy the seat for another 50 years
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 02:53:28 pm »

At 29 years old, guess another Conyers will occupy the seat for another 50 years
So, what's the lapel pin?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 03:07:40 pm »
Like uncle grandpa, anyone running in that district with the endorsement of a Conyers is an automatic winner. The illiterate mice will follow blindly. I don’t know the exact demographics of that district, but I’m guessing the education level is pretty low.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 03:11:04 pm »
Like uncle grandpa, anyone running in that district with the endorsement of a Conyers is an automatic winner. The illiterate mice will follow blindly. I don’t know the exact demographics of that district, but I’m guessing the education level is pretty low.
13th District at link
https://www2.census.gov/geo/maps/cong_dist/cd113/cd_based/ST26/CD113_MI13.pdf
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 03:15:55 pm »
John Conyers will retire, let a relative run for his seat: Report
by Anna Giaritelli | Dec 5, 2017, 7:13 AM

Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., is expected to announce Tuesday that he will not seek-election in 2018, ending his run as the longest-serving House member after allegations of sexual harassment, according to a report published Tuesday morning.

"He is not resigning. He is going to retire," state Sen. Sen. Ian Conyers, the grandson of the congressman's brother, told the New York Times. "His doctor advised him that the rigor of another campaign would be too much for him just in terms of his health."

Ian Conyers, 29, will run for the seat in an attempt to keep the district in the family.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/john-conyers-will-retire-let-a-relative-run-for-his-seat-report/article/2642559
There are seats in congress that are like miniature banana republics.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 03:17:18 pm »

C S Lewis

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 03:42:33 pm »
Well, heck, that doesn't look gerrymandered at all.....(/sarc) *****rollingeyes*****
his district covers pretty much the poorest of the poor areas of Detroit and also represents the high crime areas. Many of the shootings in Detroit in the news are in this district.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 03:45:38 pm »
Is Newsmax saying Conyers is retiring immediately? It sounds like it. We will get the details.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 03:53:51 pm »
Check out this article from Detroit Free Press:

John Conyers retires after 53 years in office amid sexual harassment claims

http://on.freep.com/2zQETag

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 07:27:11 pm »
This looks more and more like a dying king's heir squabble

Conyers Says He's 'Retiring Today,' Endorses Son to Replace Him
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/us-congress-sexual-misconduct-conyers/2017/12/05/id/829872/
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:30:40 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 07:54:14 pm »
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 08:02:15 pm »
And noe the Detroit FreePress is reporting he will make an estimated $139k in retirement.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 09:09:01 pm »

Will the Blacks ever learn that the dem party has used them for years with no benefits to them at all.

I'm not holding my breath.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 09:21:33 pm »
Does his son get the concubines?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 09:22:28 pm »
And noe the Detroit FreePress is reporting he will make an estimated $139k in retirement.
As opposed to being given the boot for groping and such? Heck of a deal, and something I'd predicted. I just figured he would use "for his health" as an excuse.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 09:24:51 pm »
Will the Blacks ever learn that the dem party has used them for years with no benefits to them at all.

I'm not holding my breath.
Whatchoo say? They've been 'gettin' over on da man'! The Democrats make that a cinch. It's symbiotic, especially in the poverty/handout zones.

C S Lewis

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 10:21:00 pm »
Whatchoo say? They've been 'gettin' over on da man'! The Democrats make that a cinch. It's symbiotic, especially in the poverty/handout zones.
The worse part is this is the district where Detroit has been tearing down dilapidated housing and the only people left is the drug dealers and gangs.  So in the next redistricting, this district will grow to balance the represented population.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 12:53:18 am »

! No longer available
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 02:51:47 am »

Well, he had to do something after losing all his money in the crash of '29.  He's also still a little miffed over losing Rose to Jack.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 01:46:23 pm »
The worse part is this is the district where Detroit has been tearing down dilapidated housing and the only people left is the drug dealers and gangs.  So in the next redistricting, this district will grow to balance the represented population.
But those are ideal circumstances to establish renaissance zones and have develop grants and all sorts of money flying around (to tap). Perfect for a Democrat to funnel money into.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 04:36:14 pm »

Hate to tell the guy, but he's a couple of decades too late to join DeBarge.
The Republic is lost.