Author Topic: Supreme Court Allows Latest Travel Ban To Take Full And Immediate Effect  (Read 9197 times)

Offline Fantom

Re: Supreme Court Allows Latest Travel Ban To Take Full And Immediate Effect
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2017, 01:26:18 am »
Can you EVER just let everyone be happy and in agreement on a thread?  Or is it your life mission to be the turn in the punchbowl?

JHC let everyone be in happy agreement on a thread for once.

:amen:  Right, the "Trumpansies" are still a cretin sort of stupid. Much like the regressive left.... can't handle a win with any class.

So now we fight crap which does not need fighting.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 01:27:01 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2017, 01:42:32 am »
This is excellent.  Can't wait for Trump to be able to replace Ginsburg.

Indeed,  :beer:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2017, 02:00:46 am »
Right!  If we consider three equal branches, than only SCOTUS has the ability to set aside a Presidential order... The legislative and Executive can overrule.

A piss-ant lower court is not even in that ballpark. At the very least, the President should be able to put a "Hold" on any court order lower than SCOTUS and effectively ignore it until SCOTUS takes it up.

Both Lincoln and Jackson simply ignored Supreme Court orders they didn't like.   The Supreme Court was not even the equal of the Executive branch.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Oceander

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2017, 02:06:46 am »
Good result.  Let's hope that the ban is upheld on the merits finally.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2017, 02:13:06 am »
Good result.  Let's hope that the ban is upheld on the merits finally.

That is the only way it can be.  Stare Decisis is very clear on this. That is why every judge who went the "other way". Should not only be overturned... but removed from office and disbarred as well.

Frederick Douglass

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 03:02:01 am »
The Supreme Court announced Monday that it will permit the full enforcement of President Trump's controversial travel ban.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/04/supreme-court-permits-full-enforcement-trump-travel-ban.html

:beer:

You didn't even bother to use the actual Title of your piece from FOX.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Oceander

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 03:04:19 am »
That is the only way it can be.  Stare Decisis is very clear on this. That is why every judge who went the "other way". Should not only be overturned... but removed from office and disbarred as well.

I wouldn't go that far.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 03:09:02 am »
I wouldn't go that far.

Well... I am a Cossack.  But we do agree in principal correct? 

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2017, 03:11:33 am »

Both Lincoln and Jackson simply ignored Supreme Court orders they didn't like.   The Supreme Court was not even the equal of the Executive branch.

True, only in the modern times do we allow the Judicial total reign... very unenlightened if you ask me. Like asking the most insulated fools total power.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 03:15:36 am »
WineNot wrote:
"The good news is this ruling is in effect until the 9th hears it. If the 9th overturns the rule, and its decision is appealed, then the ruling will stay in effect until the Supreme Court makes a decision.
Basically, only the US Supreme Court can overrule the travel ban now. And they will wait for the case to reach them."

7-2 "sends the message" to the 9th Circuit as to how the Court will probably rule, if the 9th tries to press the issue.

The fact that even 2 of the leftist justices sided with Trump is telling.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 03:17:44 am »
Can you EVER just let everyone be happy and in agreement on a thread?  Or is it your life mission to be the turn in the punchbowl?

JHC let everyone be in happy agreement on a thread for once.

Stuff it, Tex.  You're one of the worst.

As Casey Stengel said...."You can look that up!"

Your ilk carried on for months around here....and now you want to join in the happiness and celebration???

KMA!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 03:20:11 am »
Nope.  Gotta make sure those of us who didn't vote for trump last time don't change our minds if there is a next time.

And that's the first bit of truth I've seen in awhile round here.

You are so insecure that you would vote against the best possible candidate because some fellow Conservative made you unhappy.

Run along.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2017, 03:20:45 am »

Your ilk carried on for months around here....and now you want to join in the happiness and celebration???

KMA!

Such hostility and crude language.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2017, 03:23:23 am »
:amen:  Right, the "Trumpansies" are still a cretin sort of stupid. Much like the regressive left.... can't handle a win with any class.

So now we fight crap which does not need fighting.

So....who's holding a gun to YOUR head?

LOL!   All you have to complain about is that I'm calling you bums out for being A=holes on the forum....going on TWO YEARS?

If that's "classless".....I'm guilty.     :beer:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2017, 03:23:41 am »

KMA!

And you continue to be the biggest AZZHOLE on this site!  WHY?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2017, 03:24:06 am »
Here comes DCP, the internet bully.  Crawling out of his little hidey-hole to strut and preen like a big man.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:24:24 am by Oceander »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2017, 03:24:42 am »
Such hostility and crude language.

You're the master of crude around here.....not me.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2017, 03:26:17 am »

KMA!

Then again DC, there is something to be said 'Bout moving on. You should embrace the movement to your side... not denigrate it. Hardcore Trumpansies are just as bad..or worse... worse... than hardcore Never-Trumpers in my book.

Jus' Sayin'.

We have to move forward with what we have. This Cruz man is happy with President Trump. So far he is a keeper.

Look..you won, put away the smoke pole. You put a bad face on President Trump in my regard... if that means anything to you.

Frederick Douglass

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2017, 03:26:37 am »
Here comes DCP, the internet bully.  Crawling out of his little hidey-hole to strut and preen like a big man.

Nope....just won my pool tournament and logged in.

Isn't about time for you to create a few more sock-puppet accounts?   :whistle:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2017, 03:28:02 am »
And you continue to be the biggest AZZHOLE on this site!  WHY?

Because there's one thing I detest.

Never Trumpers on the forum that can't even this day ....admit they were wrong about Donald Trump...MY PRESIDENT.

Mind your own business, Earl.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2017, 03:28:04 am »
So....who's holding a gun to YOUR head?

LOL!   All you have to complain about is that I'm calling you bums out for being A=holes on the forum....going on TWO YEARS?

If that's "classless".....I'm guilty.     :beer:

Gee D.C. ... calling us bums aholes for what reason?  Principles, convictions, morals, patriotism, conservatism?  ....hmmm.... remember even Superman is not perfect.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2017, 03:29:19 am »
Then again DC, there is something to be said 'Bout moving on. You should embrace the movement to your side... not denigrate it. Hardcore Trumpansies are just as bad..or worse... worse... than hardcore Never-Trumpers in my book.

Jus' Sayin'.

We have to move forward with what we have. This Cruz man is happy with President Trump. So far he is a keeper.

Look..you won, put away the smoke pole. You put a bad face on President Trump in my regard... if that means anything to you.

I have embraced many people on this site that have seen "the Light".

Even you...this week.

Some of these jerks however....aren't worth a crap.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2017, 03:32:22 am »
Gee D.C. ... calling us bums aholes for what reason?  Principles, convictions, morals, patriotism, conservatism?  ....hmmm.... remember even Superman is not perfect.

All your listed so-called 'Principles' were misguided and I grew hoarse telling you.

I've got those same principles....but applied them to a candidate I knew was the only one to get us to this point.

And I've yet to hear you say "Thank You"!

.....in any event, you're welcome!   :laugh:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2017, 03:32:47 am »
I have embraced many people on this site that have seen "the Light".

Even you...this week.

Some of these jerks however....aren't worth a crap.

So you continuing to beat them about the head and shoulders is going to change that???  I don't think so!  And I am minding my on business David!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2017, 03:34:11 am »
You're the master of crude around here.....not me.

I don't know what could top you calling me a c*nt, but I'd be happy to give it a try.