Author Topic: Supreme Court Allows Latest Travel Ban To Take Full And Immediate Effect  (Read 9205 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Supreme Court Allows Latest Travel Ban To Take Full And Immediate Effect
« Reply #150 on: December 06, 2017, 08:47:04 pm »
Kudos, @libertybele   A lot of NTers claim that they give credit to Trump when he earns it.

Well, he's earned some credit this week.  As you mentioned, he's finally got his travel ban (sorely needed) He rejected an odious U.N. resolution and, yes, we got the tax bill passed.

But I've seen no Never Trumpers applauding any of this.  They are big fat liars.

I know you are not a Never Trumper.  I'm kind of in the same boat you are about Trump.  He has some personal qualities that make me cringe but he's done a lot of good things.

And, ya know, his personal qualities may be what he needs right now.  His ego protects him from falling apart under the constant barrage of criticism he faces from the press.

He could cure cancer and Yahoo would have a headline,  "Trump could have cured cancer a year ago but he waited for political reasons."

So, I appreciate people who are willing to give Trump credit when it is due even though they are not worshippers.
You just haven't looked in the right places.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #151 on: December 06, 2017, 08:50:35 pm »
You just haven't looked in the right places.

Willful blindness.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2017, 09:14:16 pm »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #153 on: December 07, 2017, 03:48:40 am »

You didn't even bother to use the actual Title of your piece from FOX.

@txradioguy

NICE SHOOTING TEX!

Usually, in the military, when you get over extended you create a distraction to cover your retreat.

How long have you been posting as DCpatriot?

Because I have Never seen that name unload on everyone else here with this level of go for the throat.

5 Pages of Open Range War?

Opening 2 comments after mine on pg 2?

One doesn't usually encounter a field commander calling in major artillery on their own forces to cover a retreat.

It's no wonder we can't unseat the Democrats permanently with this kind of WWII Kruschev "Shoot our own troops to teach them a lesson."

If this was the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd time I've been subjected to this crap, here, I'd blow it off, like I've BEEN blowing it off time and again.

But it's not. Far From It. Big News needs the BMOC to grab credit for Starting the Thread.

And screw the other guy who posted it 1st. Take their post down and tack it on to your own, as an Also Ran.

Nice Shooting, Tex.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2017, 04:59:07 am »
Willful blindness.

You did comment favorably on Trump's travel ban going through. 

But you got all bent out of shape when I commented on that.

What's wrong with you?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2017, 12:59:12 pm »

You didn't even bother to use the actual Title of your piece from FOX.

Actually...that was the headline when I posted it as breaking news when it posted on Fox News website.

If you have an issue with the headline...take it up with the webmaster at the FNC web page.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2017, 01:00:56 pm »
You did comment favorably on Trump's travel ban going through. 

But you got all bent out of shape when I commented on that.

What's wrong with you?

That's rhetorical, right?    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2017, 01:05:05 pm »
That's rhetorical, right?    :shrug:

Speaking of commenting favorably on something....do you have anything positive or favorable to post about the OP...or are you just here to troll and defy @mystery-ak and her request to stay on topic?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 01:05:35 pm by txradioguy »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2017, 01:41:15 am »
Actually...that was the headline when I posted it as breaking news when it posted on Fox News website.

If you have an issue with the headline...take it up with the webmaster at the FNC web page.

My issue isn't with Fox. It's with You.

Since what you felt free to purloin has zip, zero, nada, cash value, it doesn't qualify as thievery.

It's beneath thievery.

It's the act of a Crumb Thief.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2017, 01:46:57 am »
Speaking of commenting favorably on something....do you have anything positive or favorable to post about the OP...or are you just here to troll and defy @mystery-ak and her request to stay on topic?

I would never defy Mystery and I think this ruling is wonderful.  I'm just ticked off at you, but in the interest of good will, the holiday season and Santa Clause, Let's just be friends, again.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2017, 07:24:38 pm »
dailycaller
Kevin Daley
Supreme Court Reporter
4:45 PM 12/04/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/04/supreme-court-allows-latest-travel-ban-to-take-full-and-immediate-effect/

The U.S. Supreme Court Monday allowed the latest iteration of President Donald Trump’s travel ban to take full effect for the time being, as lower courts continue to wrestle with lawsuits fighting the ban.

The order permits the administration to enforce the president’s September proclamation, which suspends entry of foreign nationals from seven nations, including Chad, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Syria, Venezuela, and Yemen.

Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor noted their dissent from the Court’s decision.

I can think of much more that should be banned.  Right now I wonder if Palestinians should be allowed in the country.  What about Pakistan or Afghanistan?  Not enough.

Venezuela?  Going to have to look up what is going on there.  Not in the news?

Answered my own question

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/23/in-venezuelas-toxic-brew-failed-narco-state-meets-iran-backed-terrorism/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 07:36:13 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.