Author Topic: Supreme Court Allows Latest Travel Ban To Take Full And Immediate Effect  (Read 9231 times)

Offline Fantom

Re: Supreme Court Allows Latest Travel Ban To Take Full And Immediate Effect
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2017, 05:45:28 am »
Detective Joe Kenda says that nothing good happens after midnight. Travel at your own risk from here on out.

[imghttps://i.pinimg.com/236x/5c/c4/85/5cc48595cd4ae56b0c861bd5879170aa--investigation-discovery-kenda.jpg[/img]

Well past my bedtime these days. How I miss the late nights, the knife fights, the stabbings... and that was just for the last pork chop at dinner.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 05:46:32 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2017, 05:54:21 am »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2017, 06:01:15 am »
The good news is this ruling is in effect until the 9th hears it. If the 9th overturns the rule, and its decision is appealed, then the ruling will stay in effect until the Supreme Court makes a decision.

Basically, only the US Supreme Court can overrule the travel ban now. And they will wait for the case to reach them.

No pissant Obama appointee judge in American Samoa can reinstate the ban!

Wait, it was a  judge in Hawaii.  All democrats all the time.  But not American Samoa.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2017, 06:08:37 am »
Stuff it, Tex.  You're one of the worst.

As Casey Stengel said...."You can look that up!"

Your ilk carried on for months around here....and now you want to join in the happiness and celebration???

KMA!

@txradioguy is looking for redemption.  I'm glad to see him back after a long absence. 

And if he wants peace in our land, I'm all for it.

However, it will never happen in this forum.  Some of us are just too dam mean to get along.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2017, 06:16:47 am »
Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah.  Long ago, I recognized and considered Trump as my president from the beginning and stated that I was impressed by the patriotism displayed by him during his pre-inaugural ball.  Secondly, I recently apologized and admitted that Trump has surprised me.  Today I stated that this has been a very good week for Trump; taxes, travel ban and U.N. deal on migration.  I have given credit to this president D.C. when due.  Do I think he is without flaw? No. Do I still think he's narcissistic?  Absolutely.  I'm still not sure I trust him and I find it deeply troubling that he's allowed Mueller and Rosenstein to continue their massive corruption, making his DOJ at this point, not much better than Bammy's.

Kudos, @libertybele   A lot of NTers claim that they give credit to Trump when he earns it.

Well, he's earned some credit this week.  As you mentioned, he's finally got his travel ban (sorely needed) He rejected an odious U.N. resolution and, yes, we got the tax bill passed.

But I've seen no Never Trumpers applauding any of this.  They are big fat liars.

I know you are not a Never Trumper.  I'm kind of in the same boat you are about Trump.  He has some personal qualities that make me cringe but he's done a lot of good things.

And, ya know, his personal qualities may be what he needs right now.  His ego protects him from falling apart under the constant barrage of criticism he faces from the press.

He could cure cancer and Yahoo would have a headline,  "Trump could have cured cancer a year ago but he waited for political reasons."

So, I appreciate people who are willing to give Trump credit when it is due even though they are not worshippers.

Offline edpc

« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2017, 07:11:25 am »
And I am minding my on business David!

Dave?  Dave?

Dave's not here.....
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:12:08 am by edpc »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2017, 01:53:09 pm »
@txradioguy is looking for redemption.  I'm glad to see him back after a long absence. 

And if he wants peace in our land, I'm all for it.

However, it will never happen in this forum.  Some of us are just too dam mean to get along.

You really shouldn't post drunk...just saying.

I'm not looking for any "redemption"...certainly not from anyone here.

It's called work and having a life outside this place.

Drink some coffee and sober up.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2017, 01:57:39 pm »
Stuff it, Tex.  You're one of the worst.

As Casey Stengel said...."You can look that up!"

Your ilk carried on for months around here....and now you want to join in the happiness and celebration???

Thank you for proving what has long been known around here...that there is a certain little group that just wants chaos.  They want dissention even when there is none and they'll foment it if they have to.

I have ALWAYS said I'll praise Trump when he deserves it and I'll criticize him when it's warranted.  I posted this story because it's a win for America and something good that Trump did.

And what's the first thing you do?  You drop trau and take a giant dump on everyone.

Why don't you just go live under a bridge somewhere and be happy.

KMA!

Better mark a spot considering you're all ass.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2017, 02:57:10 pm »
The Supreme Court announced Monday that it will permit the full enforcement of President Trump's controversial travel ban.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/04/supreme-court-permits-full-enforcement-trump-travel-ban.html

:beer:
I just watched for the first time United Flight 93.

This ruling had appropriate timing cause right now I am in no mood to allow any Muslim into the country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline edpc

« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2017, 04:09:39 pm »

This ruling had appropriate timing cause right now I am in no mood to allow any Muslim into the country.

Saw it in the theater at the time of release.  As the credits rolled, the crowd was motionless and silent.  Not a word as people left.  Saw a lot of tight jaws and narrow eyes.  People were pissed.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2017, 04:12:31 pm »

All we need to do is look at what's happening in Europe to see what's going to happen here unless we get inmmigration from terrorist sponsoring nation's under control.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2017, 04:20:39 pm »
All we need to do is look at what's happening in Europe to see what's going to happen here unless we get inmmigration from terrorist sponsoring nation's under control.

We are going to have to jettison a long held belief that all religions are equal and should be respected. 

We are going to have to embrace the idea that Islam is particularly evil,  and that it should be explicitly banned.   It's principles are incompatible with western civilization.   

I have come to realize that there are some people who think a "principle"  is so important,  that they will embrace it even when reality demonstrates it is lethal.   Sweden is in the process of dying because of it's insistence on adhering to this "tolerance"  principle.   Eventually the only survivors will be those who reject this principle. 

Equality of religion is a false principle.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2017, 04:24:24 pm »

We are going to have to jettison a long held belief that all religions are equal and should be respected. 

We are going to have to embrace the idea that Islam is particularly evil,  and that it should be explicitly banned.   It's principles are incompatible with western civilization.   

I have come to realize that there are some people who think a "principle"  is so important,  that they will embrace it even when reality demonstrates it is lethal.   Sweden is in the process of dying because of it's insistence on adhering to this "tolerance"  principle.   Eventually the only survivors will be those who reject this principle. 

Agreed!  Islam has NEVER been a religion as that word is understood in the West. Islam has always been a political movement cloaked in religion.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2017, 04:35:59 pm »

QFT

Offline edpc

« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2017, 05:08:35 pm »

OK - so who's going to issue the 21st Century equivalent of Missouri Executive Order 44?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2017, 05:18:06 pm »
Agreed!  Islam has NEVER been a religion as that word is understood in the West. Islam has always been a political movement cloaked in religion.

That is the truth.

I note that Japan is NOT likely to give in to the impulse of proving "tolerance," by getting some of their people murdered by islam's practitioners.

Also I believe China and Russia have sense enough to smack them down if they get out of line.

Bottom line: I don't care if it is religion or expansionist political ambition. I care about how it acts.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2017, 05:25:19 pm »
OK - so who's going to issue the 21st Century equivalent of Missouri Executive Order 44?

I expect it will have to be an evolved process.   People aren't going to suddenly give up an idea which they wish to embrace.   

I personally think changes should be gradual.   I think we do a disservice to the people when we make sudden changes to their understanding of societal norms.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2017, 05:26:57 pm »
You really shouldn't post drunk...just saying.

I'm not looking for any "redemption"...certainly not from anyone here.

It's called work and having a life outside this place.

Drink some coffee and sober up.

Thank God, @txradioguy.  For a few minutes I thought you had softened up a little.

Hey, my post was in the spirit of a friendly joke and you should appreciate that someone noticed you weren't around for a while.  I may be the only one.

So, this is the way you treat your friends, or people trying to be friendly.

I'll watch that in the future.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2017, 05:30:08 pm »
And you continue to be the biggest AZZHOLE on this site!  WHY?

He's hardly the biggest jerk around here.  Not even top 10
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2017, 05:31:52 pm »

If we don't learn from what's happened to Europe, we are certainly doomed.

Heck, we don't even have to go to Europe ... just look around here.  Wherever there are sanctuary cities, there are two thing:  muslims and crime.

I will never trust muslims.  Never.  They will ruin any place they are in. 

That's one thing I like about Trump.  He seems to fully recognize the horror that muslims inflict wherever they go.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2017, 06:12:17 pm »
And you continue to be the biggest AZZHOLE on this site!  WHY?

We have a difference of opinion here, my friend. I totally get where DCP is coming from as he too is my friend and OneLoyalAmerican.

We supporters stood behind Trump and had to endure being called every bad name imaginable. We had our morals challenged, our sanity questioned, our conservative credentials doubted. All the while we were right.

Now those very same name-callers conveniently forget recent history and want to join in the celebration. That’s a bitter pill to swallow. I get it, DC, I understand your point.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2017, 06:13:28 pm »

There's tolerance and there's fake PC tolerance.  I cite the example of my priest at my church in Irving.  He's gay and a big liberal.  He wouldn't walk across the street to speak to the pastor of the First Baptist Church in Dallas, one of the biggest congregations in the city ... maybe the world.

He's disparaged that guy many times and I'll admit Rev. Jeffers is extreme and not totally my cup of tea.

But when a SECOND large mosque was build in Irving in his own neighborhood, he made it a point to go over and welcome the new Iman or whatever they are.

And then he bragged about it.  I guess he thought this validated him with God.

He's an educated dude and has gotta know what would happen to him in that tolerant and peaceful land of Islam.  He'd lose his head pretty quickly.

I consider him a symbol of the misplaced tolerance of the left and I wish they all would see justice ... muslim brand of justice.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2017, 06:28:02 pm »
There's tolerance and there's fake PC tolerance.  I cite the example of my priest at my church in Irving.  He's gay and a big liberal.  He wouldn't walk across the street to speak to the pastor of the First Baptist Church in Dallas, one of the biggest congregations in the city ... maybe the world.

He's disparaged that guy many times and I'll admit Rev. Jeffers is extreme and not totally my cup of tea.

But when a SECOND large mosque was build in Irving in his own neighborhood, he made it a point to go over and welcome the new Iman or whatever they are.

And then he bragged about it.  I guess he thought this validated him with God.

He's an educated dude and has gotta know what would happen to him in that tolerant and peaceful land of Islam.  He'd lose his head pretty quickly.

I consider him a symbol of the misplaced tolerance of the left and I wish they all would see justice ... muslim brand of justice.
I prefer that the priest not be decapitated.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2017, 06:30:03 pm »
I prefer that the priest not be decapitated.

Me, too.  He's actually a friend and I fight with him every day on Facebook where he posts some kind of pious quote daily.  He refuses to unfriend me because that would go against his Christian beliefs.