Author Topic: Bill O'Reilly, Fox News sued for disparaging female accuser  (Read 348 times)

Offline Suppressed

Bill O'Reilly, Fox News sued for disparaging female accuser
« on: December 05, 2017, 01:11:38 am »
Bill O'Reilly, Fox News sued for disparaging female accuser
The Hollywood Reporter  ERIQ GARDNER  Dec 4th 2017 1:01PM
https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2017/12/04/bill-oreilly-fox-news-sued-for-disparaging-female-accuser/23296587/

[...]

The story and others would cause O'Reilly to lose his job, but not before he commented, "Just like other prominent and controversial people, I'm vulnerable to lawsuits from individuals who want me to pay them to avoid negative publicity."

O'Reilly would make other comments including to The Hollywood Reporter, which is cited in today's lawsuit. "I have put to rest any controversies to spare my children," O'Reilly said in April. "The worst part of my job is being a target for those who would harm me and my employer, the Fox News Channel."

Now, Rachel Bernstein is taking objection to these comments with a complaint that cites the non-disparagement clause of the settlement agreement she had with O'Reilly in 2002, when she was allegedly harassed as a junior producer at Fox News. Currently working at Conan O'Brien's production company, Bernstein is suing for breach of contract and defamation. [...]

Excerpt.  Read more at link.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn