Author Topic: Grassley criticized for comments on taxpayers who waste money on 'booze,' 'women'  (Read 618 times)

Offline corbe

Grassley criticized for comments on taxpayers who waste money on 'booze,' 'women'

Edmund DeMarche

2 hrs ago

Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, said in an interview Saturday that he is in favor of getting rid of the federal estate tax—a tax generally aimed at the wealthy— and implied that other tax cuts could favor those who waste their money on “booze or women or movies.”

Grassley, a member of the tax-writing Finance Committee in the Senate, told The Des Moines Register that the federal estate tax could force farm families to liquidate in order to pay the so-called death tax.

“I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing, as opposed to those that are just spending every penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies,” he told the paper.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/grassley-criticized-for-comments-on-taxpayers-who-waste-money-on-booze-women/ar-BBGaHRi?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. This guy is a jackass. Hey Chuck. Can you tell me how ethanol subsidies are not the same as blowing money on hookers, booze and movies?

Offline jpsb

LOL. This guy is a jackass. Hey Chuck. Can you tell me how ethanol subsidies are not the same as blowing money on hookers, booze and movies?

Oh No. Money on booze and women is not an investment?  *bouche* I'm screwed. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Safe to say Grassley isn’t wasting money on dentistry.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

Safe to say Grassley isn’t wasting money on dentistry.

That's the kind of teeth you find in a stable.

Offline RoosGirl

He's right about the estate tax at least.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
That's easy, you can actually get benefit from and enjoy hookers, booze and movies.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.