Author Topic: Trump moves to block Romney from the Senate  (Read 9117 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Trump moves to block Romney from the Senate
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2017, 08:36:13 pm »
Why are some people here obsessed with nasty stuff.

I think I'm becoming a prude.  But anyway, I'm sick of it.

Prude? 

No.  You just have decency... in a post-decency America.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2017, 08:50:29 pm »
Yeah.......... but Orin Hatch????

Whatever happened to draining the swamp and all that stuff??

Hatch is 83 years old.

Romney is 70.

Hatch is going to be retired whether he likes it or not in a few years.

Let Romney bag that seat and it's going to be Another 13 years before Romney is too old to continue to 'Bipartisan' America.

Romney?

No. No way, and No Way in Hell!

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline libertybele

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2017, 08:52:29 pm »
If you post the English version of this thought, let me know.

No worries ... I'll try to find you one of those secret decoder rings; it should help!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2017, 08:54:06 pm »
Yeah.......... but Orin Hatch????

Whatever happened to draining the swamp and all that stuff??

Agreed.  Though I'd rather see Romney than Hatch; can't Utah come up with someone any better than those two? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2017, 09:11:57 pm »
Agreed.  Though I'd rather see Romney than Hatch; can't Utah come up with someone any better than those two?

Utah, Nevada, AZ.  The axis states with weasels for senators.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline musiclady

« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2017, 09:19:38 pm »
Prude? 

No.  You just have decency... in a post-decency America.

Agreed.  There's no place for decent folks to hide any more.....

@Emjay @Suppressed
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2017, 09:20:38 pm »

Though it's not a particularly populous state, one would think there's at least ONE person better.....   :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2017, 09:25:02 pm »
Though it's not a particularly populous state, one would think there's at least ONE person better.....   :shrug:

What about Ken Jennings?  He's a former resident and BYU alum.  If Romney can carpet bag back to Utah from La Jolla, so can Ken from Seattle.

Then again....nobody likes a know-it-all.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:26:50 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2017, 09:31:07 pm »
Hatch is 83 years old.

Romney is 70.

Hatch is going to be retired whether he likes it or not in a few years.

Let Romney bag that seat and it's going to be Another 13 years before Romney is too old to continue to 'Bipartisan' America.

Romney?

No. No way, and No Way in Hell!

Like there is any choice in the matter. I'm telling ya, barring a challenger with Romney's church credentials, Romney owns that seat already. It's just a matter of making it official.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2017, 09:40:52 pm »
Like there is any choice in the matter. I'm telling ya, barring a challenger with Romney's church credentials, Romney owns that seat already. It's just a matter of making it official.

Yeah.  If Hatch leaves, it's Romney's for the asking.  He's a proven quantity in Utah, both because of the Church, and because he did a great job managing the Olympics in SLC, which exhibits pretty good business savvy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2017, 09:51:41 pm »
Yeah.  If Hatch leaves, it's Romney's for the asking.  He's a proven quantity in Utah, both because of the Church, and because he did a great job managing the Olympics in SLC, which exhibits pretty good business savvy.

That's right - only Hatch or no Hatch. If Romney throws his hat in the ring, he's a shoo-in.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2017, 09:56:37 pm »
That's right - only Hatch or no Hatch. If Romney throws his hat in the ring, he's a shoo-in.

Besides, doesn't matter what we in the peanut gallery think, it's like AL...it's up to the people of Utah, not us.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2017, 10:17:43 pm »
Besides, doesn't matter what we in the peanut gallery think, it's like AL...it's up to the people of Utah, not us.

That's right - and more power to em (even though either one of those choices is a bane to me). Odd that - Utah is extremely Conservative... But I have no right to complain as long as farmers in eastern MT keep giving us Tester.  9999hair out0000 :shrug:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:18:04 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2017, 10:19:11 pm »
Agreed.  There's no place for decent folks to hide any more.....

@Emjay @Suppressed

I know it won't happen but I wish we could report distasteful posts and have them removed.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2017, 10:20:55 pm »
Can’t utah cough up any one else?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2017, 10:31:13 pm »
I know it won't happen but I wish we could report distasteful posts and have them removed.

Obscene is prohibited, distasteful is not.  There's a fine line, I'm sure.  One man's obscene is anther's just icky.  Personally, I don't care for some of the scatological references, but I'm just one guy.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2017, 10:33:25 pm »
Can’t utah cough up any one else?

I'm sure they can (They got Mia Love, didn't they?).  But, politics is a popularity contest, so it's whatever the majority wants.
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2017, 10:36:45 pm »
Obscene is prohibited, distasteful is not.  There's a fine line, I'm sure.  One man's obscene is anther's just icky.  Personally, I don't care for some of the scatological references, but I'm just one guy.

Anonymity tends to release the brakes on ones manners...hopefully firmly reapplied before they crash and burn.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2017, 10:43:22 pm »

Tired of it too, @Emjay

We have several posters/performers here that consistently push the envelope.  All day.  Everyday.   They play strictly to the crowd.

Noticed earlier this morning that @Sanguine and @mountaineer ....two 'Oldies but Goodies' intimated irritation over the same subject.

@mystery-ak
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2017, 10:44:37 pm »

Since 1861,  it has been "Union uber alles."   The affairs of one state are no longer just the affairs of one state.   

Federalism isn't what it used to be back in 1787.
I Agee totally.  Some here believe the state is who decides who serves in the Senate, but they are wrong.  State voters are who decides to elect a Senator but since the 17th Amendment, cannot do any thing regarding that seat for six years. 

Only if the 17th amendment were repealed  would a state have true representation.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:53:17 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2017, 10:49:38 pm »

I was referring to a forum member's recent repeated use of a rather disgusting insult. I prolly shouldn't have repeated it.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2017, 10:50:50 pm »
Noticed earlier this morning that @Sanguine and @mountaineer ....two 'Oldies but Goodies' intimated irritation over the same subject.
Sure, now I'm an oldie. Thanks fer nuttin'.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2017, 10:57:56 pm »
Tired of it too, @Emjay

We have several posters/performers here that consistently push the envelope.  All day.  Everyday.   They play strictly to the crowd.

@mystery-ak

Funny that whatever you have to say, no matter how crude, is just fine, but if someone else does it and you disagree with them you go running to Myst.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2017, 11:05:39 pm »
Funny that whatever you have to say, no matter how crude, is just fine, but if someone else does it and you disagree with them you go running to Myst.

I believe this got started because someone referred to Trump as a "fecal smear."   

Has anyone else said anything commensurate with that?   I think that tops the "crude"  list of everything i've heard on this forum so far. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jpsb

« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2017, 11:08:22 pm »

I think @Emjay was referring to @Cripplecreek 's obscene and often sexual slurs of Trump and anyone
supportive of Trump. I am going to have to side with her on this.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 11:09:24 pm by jpsb »