Author Topic: Feinstein: 'We Are Beginning To See' An Obstruction Of Justice Case Against Trump  (Read 475 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, says it is becoming increasingly clear that President Trump’s firing of FBI Director James Comey represents an obstruction of justice — a case she believes special counsel Robert Mueller is now keenly focused on.

“I think what we’re beginning to see is the putting together of a case of obstruction of justice,” Feinstein said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday. “I think we see this in the indictments — the four indictments and pleas that have just taken place.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/feinstein-beginning-see-obstruction-justice-case-trump-185332462.html
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 09:02:39 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

“And I see it, most importantly, in what happened with the firing of Director Comey, and it is my belief that that is directly because he did not agree to lift the cloud of the Russia investigation,” Feinstein said. “That’s obstruction of justice.”

If that's the best she's got, that's incredibly weak.

Offline jpsb

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, says it is becoming increasingly clear that President Trump’s firing of FBI Director James Comey represents an obstruction of justice — a case she believes special counsel Robert Mueller is now keenly focused on.

“I think what we’re beginning to see is the putting together of a case of obstruction of justice,” Feinstein said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday. “I think we see this in the indictments — the four indictments and pleas that have just taken place.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/feinstein-beginning-see-obstruction-justice-case-trump-185332462.html

Just as we all suspected. Mueller does not give a damn about Russia Russia Russia this is all
about pay back for Trump firing Mueller Best Forever Friend the lying leaker Comey.

The FBI is dirty, Comey is dirty and now it appears so is Mueller.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 09:07:32 pm by jpsb »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
“And I see it, most importantly, in what happened with the firing of Director Comey, and it is my belief that that is directly because he did not agree to lift the cloud of the Russia investigation,” Feinstein said. “That’s obstruction of justice.”

If that's the best she's got, that's incredibly weak.

Yeah, I agree.  Weak.

Offline jpsb

Yeah, I agree.  Weak.

Perhaps but if the Ds take the House it is enough to impeach.

Offline edpc

They've already introduced that and sillier stuff as the minority......

The five articles of impeachment the lawmakers introduced today are:

1. Obstruction of justice regarding the Russia investigation and firing of FBI Director James Comey

2. Violation of Article I, Section 9 of the U.S. Constitution – Foreign Emoluments

3. Violation of Article II, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution – Domestic Emoluments

4. Undermining the Independence of the Federal Judiciary and the Rule of Law

5. Undermining Freedom of the Press

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/democrats-introduce-articles-impeachment-president-trump/story?id=51167864

Offline jpsb

They've already introduced that and sillier stuff as the minority......

The five articles of impeachment the lawmakers introduced today are:

1. Obstruction of justice regarding the Russia investigation and firing of FBI Director James Comey

2. Violation of Article I, Section 9 of the U.S. Constitution – Foreign Emoluments

3. Violation of Article II, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution – Domestic Emoluments

4. Undermining the Independence of the Federal Judiciary and the Rule of Law

5. Undermining Freedom of the Press

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/democrats-introduce-articles-impeachment-president-trump/story?id=51167864

Today huh? I did not know that. If they take the House they will impeach. Conviction in the Senate
is a high bar but impeachment stops the Trump agenda in it's tracts.

Offline edpc

Today huh? I did not know that.

This happened a couple weeks ago. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Flinging all the poop they can crap out of their diseased minds to see what sticks when they throw it.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

Today huh? I did not know that. If they take the House they will impeach. Conviction in the Senate
is a high bar but impeachment stops the Trump agenda in it's tracts.

Bingo.  There should absolutely be no doubt that IF the DEMS take the majority in the House they will impeach him, that is if Mueller and Rosenstein aren't successful in taking him down before then.  Meanwhile ... Jeffy Sessions sits idly by because he cleverly and conveniently recused himself long ago.  FIRE THEM ALL!

As for the Senate ... except for a few, they will happily hop on board the Trump impeachment train.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Dems will impeach Trump for having two scoops of ice cream. It doesn't matter to them what the charge is. Anything will do.

We are living in a "post-judicial" world of Democrats. Laws, rules, traditions, ethics, have no meaning to them. And they brag about it openly. Hell man, there actual motto is 'by any means necessary'. That in itself is declaring that they do not believe in 'the rule of Law'.

And very unfortunately, so many of them are Congressmen, teachers and Judges. When you have so many Judges who care nothing about the Law, well... that is where we are today.

The irony is that Pence is as good a man as Trump. In fact, Pence would probably move the agenda more than Trump can. Be careful what you wish for.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:24:04 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Mesaclone

1. An impeachment does NOT stop Trump's legislative agenda.
2. An impeachment would lead to a crushing defeat for the D's in the 2020 election, which is why they are unlikely to undertake such an endeavor.
3. The Senate will drop it like a hot potato...so, as with Clinton...such an impeachment will amount to nothing in the end, though it WILL damage the "impeaching" party.
4. A Dem impeachment would simply be a political act of volition, with no connection to the law or the constitution...as such, it is little more than a simple attempt at a coup de etat' and should be treated as such by any American who still believes in constitutional principals.
5. If all the Dems hope for comes true, all they get is a President Pence and an insanely motivated Republican voter base for 2020.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline edpc

2. An impeachment would lead to a crushing defeat for the D's in the 2020 election, which is why they are unlikely to undertake such an endeavor.
3. The Senate will drop it like a hot potato...so, as with Clinton...such an impeachment will amount to nothing in the end, though it WILL damage the "impeaching" party.
4. A Dem impeachment would simply be a political act of volition, with no connection to the law or the constitution...as such, it is little more than a simple attempt at a coup de etat' and should be treated as such by any American who still believes in constitutional principals.
5. If all the Dems hope for comes true, all they get is a President Pence and an insanely motivated Republican voter base for 2020.

Agreed with the exception of number 1, depending on what you specifically mean.  I took that as passage of anything on his list.  Impeachment would necessitate Dem control of the House.  None of his agenda would get through.  They're having enough trouble now with the majority.

Online corbe

My money's on Trump in this peeing contest, I've watched women pee in the snow, it's ugly.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

Any attempt at impeachment will fill a good chunk of the voter base with a terrible resolve. You don't have to love Trump to be infuriated by the privileged class seeking to re-acquire power they believe the hoi poloi has misappropriated from them.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:24:02 pm by skeeter »

Offline edpc

My money's on Trump in this peeing contest, I've watched women pee in the snow, it's ugly.

There's a dossier on you somewhere.

Online corbe

Any attempt at impeachment will fill a good chunk of the voter base with a terrible resolve. You don't have to love Trump to be infuriated by the privileged class seeking to re-acquire power they believe the hoi poloi has misappropriated from them.

Very good point @skeeter Trump would immediately expand his base a solid 20% if the Dems come after him through bogus Articles of impeachment and as another Briefer mentioned earlier, as with Clinton, the Senate wouldn't touch it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

I don't think this is really about impeachment per se, I think is more about simple harassment. The more they can Hector him with frivolous nonsense, the more they keep him distracted from getting anything done. And that is the real point. What happens to the country as a result of this endless onslaught is meaningless to them. They don't care. It is their fanaticism that drives them, at any cost. They don't care about anything else.

Also, there are many Democrats who have the absolutely idiotic 'fantasy-land' idea, that if they can impeach Trump, somehow, someway, Hillary will become President in his place. How they come to this idea is a real mystery. It's delusional thinking at best and actual insanity at worst. But they believe it. Because so many Liberals are actually crazy people, who think that they are 'intellectuals'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.