Author Topic: CBS News poll: Alabama Republicans call allegations against Roy Moore false  (Read 452 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
CBS News poll: Alabama Republicans call allegations against Roy Moore false
CBS News December 3, 2017, 10:30 AM

By Jennifer De Pinto, Fred Backus, Kabir Khanna and Anthony Salvanto

A new CBS News poll finds 71 percent of Alabama Republicans say the allegations against Roy Moore are false, and those who believe this also overwhelmingly believe Democrats and the media are behind those allegations.

The poll found 92 percent of Republicans who don't believe the allegations against Moore say the Democrats are behind the charges, and 88 percent say newspapers and the media are behind them.

Read more with graphics at: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-poll-alabama-republicans-call-allegations-against-moore-false/

All of this would be good news for Moore obviously.  The polling makes it sound like Moore is a cinch to win.

Another interesting article coming out this morning:

Roy Moore? Scandal is nothing new in Alabama politics
by Alex Seitz-Wald
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/roy-moore-scandal-nothing-new-alabama-politics-n825831
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 05:36:48 pm by TomSea »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This SeeBS poll says Moore is ahead of Jones 49% to 43%.  Didn't you post a WaPo article about a poll that showed almost the opposite numbers just a couple days ago?

This is why I don't believe any media-commissioned polls.  I don't care for polls in general because the truly neutral ones are not for public consumption, and the only ones we do hear about are designed to push public opinion one way or another, not measure it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The poll found 92 percent of Republicans who don't believe the allegations against Moore say the Democrats are behind the charges, and 88 percent say newspapers and the media are behind them.

Nice to have 180% support.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This SeeBS poll says Moore is ahead of Jones 49% to 43%.  Didn't you post a WaPo article about a poll that showed almost the opposite numbers just a couple days ago?

This is why I don't believe any media-commissioned polls.  I don't care for polls in general because the truly neutral ones are not for public consumption, and the only ones we do hear about are designed to push public opinion one way or another, not measure it.

Just posting whatever stories come out, some people are interested.  Not pushing an agenda.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Just posting whatever stories come out, some people are interested.  Not pushing an agenda.

I've come to that conclusion.  Thanks for the article, it's interesting.  I find no statistical discrepancy that 92% believe one thing, and 88% believe something else.  They are not mutually exclusive.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

It is one thing to answer a phone call and remain on the call long enough to answer a few questions.

It takes more effort to go to the polling places, stand in line, and cast your ballot.

Are Moore's voters more "motivated to vote," by all the national attention, meddling, etc.?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
MSM is a mouthpiece for Dems.

We don't get inundated with coverage of Alabama media the way the folks who live there do.

Ergo: They are in a better position to cast a Better Informed vote on Moore than the rest of us in the other 49 States because they know him better.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com