Author Topic: Trump has given staffers assignments and told them not to tell Kelly: report  (Read 488 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump has given staffers assignments and told them not to tell Kelly: report
By Rebecca Savransky - 12/03/17 10:45 AM EST

President Trump has reportedly given staffers direct assignments by calling them secretly to the residence in the evenings, in an attempt to circumvent chief of staff John Kelly.

Trump reportedly gives aides tasks and says they should not share them with Kelly, The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday, citing several people familiar with the matter.

Aides have in the past decided not to abide by the president's requests in order to not "run afoul" of Kelly, according to the Wall Street Journal.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/362990-trump-has-given-staffers-assignments-and-told-them-not-to-tell-kelly
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Nonsense.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Maybe, maybe not.

No maybe about it, this is nonsense.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 05:19:19 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Maybe, maybe not.

My first instinct is not to believe this.  It sounds like petty office gossip not worthy of a headline in the Wall Street Journal.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
My first instinct is not to believe this.  It sounds like petty office gossip not worthy of a headline in the Wall Street Journal.

My instincts are telling me that we don't know squat right now.  There is so much deliberate misinformation being put out.  Therefore, I can't say with any confidence whether this is misinformation or in fact accurate.  I'm not going to immediately dismiss it because it doesn't comport with what I would like to be true, and I'm not going to accept it either. 

Offline skeeter

Agree. And the WSJ ain't the paper it used to be.

Offline jpsb

Agree. And the WSJ ain't the paper it used to be.

Even if it is true, what's the big deal? Trump wants a back channel, I would too.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
My instincts are telling me that we don't know squat right now.  There is so much deliberate misinformation being put out.  Therefore, I can't say with any confidence whether this is misinformation or in fact accurate.  I'm not going to immediately dismiss it because it doesn't comport with what I would like to be true, and I'm not going to accept it either.

True.  It's sad but true that we have to view all media reports with skepticism.  However, we can use a little discernment here and there and mine says that there are always people in an office who are gonna gripe about something.

So I call BS on this story.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Sounds like someone just out to stir up trouble. Even if it is true, nothing wrong with it. It happens all the time in leadership when the leader wants an independent view.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy