Author Topic: Trump: 'So General Flynn lies to the FBI and his life is destroyed' but 'nothing happens' to Hillary  (Read 1388 times)

Offline libertybele

Last time I checked, lying to the FBI is an offense.

Yep, it's not like Hillary lied to the FBI or anything.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Exactly my point ... President Trump's appointees are preventing the investigation into Clinton as they themselves were/are involved in the corruption...there is no two ways about it.  My concern and my question is why has Trump continued to allow them to stay in position??

Rosenstein is subordinate to Sessions, but the AG foolishly recused himself.  Nothing is stopping FBI Director Wray from revisiting the investigation. 

There's really only a few reasonable conclusions you can make.

- Trump never intended to pursue charges

- Trump's picks betrayed him, making him less effective at choosing people than he'd have you believe

- Trump allowed others to determine his choices, making him a less decisive executive than he'd have you believe
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Concerned

If Trump were really serious about “lock her up”, I’d expect him to have an Attorney General in place who would pursue that.  When he said he thought the Clintons were good people and that they had suffered enough, I think it’s obvious he meant it, otherwise, he’d fire Session (especially after he recused himself). 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
The closer we get to the next presidential election the more aggressive Trump will become with his tweets that something should happen to Clinton and others. He just doesn't intend for anything to actually happen.

Yep, he keeps rolling that old "lock her up" thing because it worked for him.  If you are blindly following I guess you will believe it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

Rosenstein is subordinate to Sessions, but the AG foolishly recused himself.  Nothing is stopping FBI Director Wray from revisiting the investigation. 

There's really only a few reasonable conclusions you can make.

- Trump never intended to pursue charges

- Trump's picks betrayed him, making him less effective at choosing people than he'd have you believe

- Trump allowed others to determine his choices, making him a less decisive executive than he'd have you believe

Understand, that I've never been a Trump fan; but I do believe in giving credit where credit is due.  He's done some good.  Still in the back of my mind has always been the possibility that Trump was merely a siphon for the DEMS to ensure that a conservative wouldn't become POTUS...I see some things going on that still makes me feel this could be true. I believe Sessions has betrayed him, but Trump isn't stupid and certainly, I would think he must see what's going on -- which would also bring me back to my original feeling about Trump.  IMHO Trump made a deal with Sessions and Sessions jumped from team Cruz to team Trump. If Sessions hasn't been bought, then what the heck is he waiting on as far as going after Hillary?  As for Trump being a less decisive executive;  I've never had any expectations as I've always believed that running a corporation is far different than running the government.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Yep, he keeps rolling that old "lock her up" thing because it worked for him.  If you are blindly following I guess you will believe it.

If you look at it honestly aside from Clinton and Obama, Trump has largely left the democrats alone while attacking republican after republican after republican.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
As for Trump being a less decisive executive;  I've never had any expectations as I've always believed that running a corporation is far different than running the government.

No question, because you really only have control of the people in your branch.  Here's my biggest problem with the man - I just don't believe what he says.  What got him elected was the frustration with establishment politics.  It was obvious he was opposed by leadership during the campaign.  The lay of the land was apparent, once they balked on a clean repeal/replace of O-care.

Right then and there, he should have had his people forming exploratory committees to find candidates, fundraise, and clean house in places where it would really matter.  He won Wisconsin, so find someone other than that joke candidate Nehlen to primary Ryan.  Trump is supposed to be a negotiator.  The best leverage he could have is seriously threatening careers.

I just don't find him to be genuinely interested in doing what it takes to get that accomplished.  If he was, people like Gorka and Bannon would still be around.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:57:46 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Because of those within the DOJ; namely Rosenstein and Mueller; Rosenstein is an appointee of Sessions and Mueller is an appointee of Rosenstein.  Like it or not, the ball is in Sessions hands and ultimately too much time and too much information has been presented for Sessions; yet he does nothing but allows Mueller to continue.  Mueller is of course investigation Flynn and Manafort, yet is not investigating Clinton, and  Sessions does nothing though to investigate Clinton either.  Why?  Why has Trump allowed Sessions to continue?

But, Sessions doesn't have to go through Mueller/Rosenstein to prosecute Hillary.  Entirely different thing.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Jeff Sessions, a.k.a., "Mr. See-No-Evil", recently said, 'Who is this Hillary person everyone keeps talking about? And what is a Clinton? I've never heard of them.'

It does seem clear at this point that Sessions is never going to prosecute anybody for anything. And that is just the way D.C. works. And they like it that way.

So, why doesn't Trump instruct him to do so?

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

So, why doesn't Trump instruct him to do so?

It sounds like Rosenstein and Mueller would/could be right in the middle of an investigation of HRC.  It seems to me that an investigation into them while they are investigating trump could lead to a conflict of interest, and probably the appearance of an attempt to thwart their investigation.  If Trump knows he's clean on Russia, and does plan to "lock her up", waiting to go after her seems like a wise course of action, 

Not saying I actually believe that, but it's a possibility.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.