Author Topic: Trump Alters Story On Why He Fired Flynn  (Read 6108 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump Alters Story On Why He Fired Flynn
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2017, 03:05:20 am »
   I remember back around Christmas, last year, I asked politely @Cripplecreek if you could tone down you anti Trump stuff, you pretty much told me to take a long walk on a short pier and now, retrospectively, I'm glad you did.

Hope the water was at least warm.......
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2017, 03:06:05 am »
Uh huh...keep telling yourself that.  Our reasons are many and the President puts them on full display every day. The man is a bloviating bully with the moral compass of a toadstool. And I say that as someone who thinks Trump has done some decent things and I tend to believe the Flynn thing is crap. See?  That’s called intellectual honesty, and it’s not terribly difficult.

And I also believe that he will likely ensure his own fall, due to his inability to let ANY slight pass...And THAT will result in violence and/or irrevocable damage to conservatism.

And I also believe that there are none so blind as those who WON’T see.

You never Trumps are all the same. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline corbe

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2017, 03:14:57 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DB

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2017, 03:20:14 am »
It looks to me as just another confirmation of why Flynn was fired. He was lying about stuff.

Online DB

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2017, 03:21:04 am »

Offline edpc

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2017, 03:21:42 am »

Offline corbe

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2017, 03:30:51 am »
   OK @edpc I give up, my internet image sleuth skills are apparently lacking, who is that a young William Jennings Bryant or a Huey Long?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2017, 03:33:56 am »
   OK @edpc I give up, my internet image sleuth skills are apparently lacking, who is that a young William Jennings Bryant or a Huey Long?

Rick Astley.  When Melania gave that speech, she was ridiculed on Twitter for plagiarizing his lyrics.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 03:35:36 am by edpc »

Offline corbe

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2017, 03:41:33 am »
   Thanks @edpc now it's coming back to me, it's still funny after all these months. 
   I need a vacation, obviously.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2017, 03:51:55 am »
   Thanks @edpc now it's coming back to me, it's still funny after all these months. 
   I need a vacation, obviously.

Rick Astley, hell. Its Huey Long. All that overpromising got him shot.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2017, 04:03:57 am »
The problem is that this is a non-story to begin with posted on a site so prejudiced that they called Melania's beautiful Christmas decorations 'creepy.'  I guess they liked what Michelle did with Christmas.

If there is actually a valid story about Trump's doings, I will give it full credit and either support him or not.

Why is it a "non story"?  Who is the final arbitrator of that? I believe that most intelligent people are able to  read through news stories from any source and determine what they think about them without "the herd" telling them what is or is not a "non story" and which news sites are acceptable to the rest of the herd.

I happen to think it is a pretty big story when the POTUS knowingly hires someone like Flynn and then has to be dragged kicking and screaming to the oval office to fire his lying rear end. Not because you are disgusted by the man's behavior and lies, but because he has become a political liability. But that was back in the good old days when we still had moral expectations for the POTUS. I happen to think that Donald Trump isn't so much bothered by lying per se. He himself practices it all the time.  As long as those lies benefit him in some way he seems to be okie dokie with it.

I don't know why calling someone a "Never Trumper" is an insult.  I never thought that Trump was fit to be POTUS and I still don't.  I was a "Never Hillary" voter too. I have very good well-thought out reasons why I wouldn't support Trump and those reasons have not changed. In fact his actions have done nothing but reinforce my first instincts about him.  So just for the record, I won't be offended if someone calls me a "NT".

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2017, 04:17:50 am »
Why is it a "non story"?  Who is the final arbitrator of that? I believe that most intelligent people are able to  read through news stories from any source and determine what they think about them without "the herd" telling them what is or is not a "non story" and which news sites are acceptable to the rest of the herd.

I happen to think it is a pretty big story when the POTUS knowingly hires someone like Flynn and then has to be dragged kicking and screaming to the oval office to fire his lying rear end. Not because you are disgusted by the man's behavior and lies, but because he has become a political liability. But that was back in the good old days when we still had moral expectations for the POTUS. I happen to think that Donald Trump isn't so much bothered by lying per se. He himself practices it all the time.  As long as those lies benefit him in some way he seems to be okie dokie with it.

I don't know why calling someone a "Never Trumper" is an insult.  I never thought that Trump was fit to be POTUS and I still don't.  I was a "Never Hillary" voter too. I have very good well-thought out reasons why I wouldn't support Trump and those reasons have not changed. In fact his actions have done nothing but reinforce my first instincts about him.  So just for the record, I won't be offended if someone calls me a "NT".

I've been a proud NeverTrumper for more than 30 years when he started showing up in the early days of lowbrow tabloid TV like Current Affair as a willing participant.

He was the same trash then as he was 2 years ago when most of his current fans knew he was trash. I believe the exact words Jim Robinson used were "Lying Liberal Scum".

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2017, 04:41:52 am »

That's a really cheap shot, Corbe.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2017, 04:45:26 am »
Then why did the lawyer cop to drafting the tweet and call it sloppy?

We don't know that he did.  This story is just a bunch of rumors with no sources.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2017, 05:05:21 am »
Its why I only bother talking to a small handful of people here anymore.
@Cripplecreek

Me, too.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2017, 05:20:01 am »
We don't know that he did.  This story is just a bunch of rumors with no sources.

He admitted it on an interview with ABC News.  Jeez.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2017, 05:24:25 am »
He admitted it on an interview with ABC News.  Jeez.

Did you just ask for a Worship Meme? Granted.....

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2017, 05:32:48 am »
Did you just ask for a Worship Meme? Granted.....

Now you've gone and made all the grannies feel funny... you know.... *whispering* down there.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2017, 05:37:13 am »
Now you've gone and made all the grannies feel funny... you know.... *whispering* down there.

Swell. Now I am going to have to hear about that.

Offline edpc

« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2017, 06:18:20 am »

Have you ever been in a situation where you have been embarrassed for someone?  I know I am, now.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2017, 06:22:07 am »
Have you ever been in a situation where you have been embarrassed for someone?  I know I am, now.

Don't lose sleep over it. I'll live.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2017, 07:19:48 am »
I believe the exact words Jim Robinson used were "Lying Liberal Scum".
To him, you're lying liberal scum . . . until you become a Republican candidate.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2017, 10:20:58 am »
Its why I only bother talking to a small handful of people here anymore.

Thanks for the clarification.   Thought you were incarcerated.    *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2017, 12:53:52 pm »
Yeah I suppose. But it won't amount to anything & the media still looks ridiculously desperate for attempting to make a deal out of it.

The media aren't the only ones looking ridiculously desperate for attempting to make a big deal out it.   888blackhat

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2017, 12:58:04 pm »

Have you any boundaries around your hate @corbe ??