Author Topic: Trump Alters Story On Why He Fired Flynn  (Read 6106 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Trump Alters Story On Why He Fired Flynn
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2017, 01:24:45 pm »

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2017, 01:43:52 pm »

The newest story is that Trump's lawyer is up at 6 AM tweeting incriminating stuff.

It amazes me that people continue to support such an obvious lying coward.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2017, 01:49:46 pm »
The newest story is that Trump's lawyer is up at 6 AM tweeting incriminating stuff.

It amazes me that people continue to support such an obvious lying coward.

Imagine if a Dem was tweeting this crap..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2017, 02:02:09 pm »
Boy is that article a stretch. I don’t see Trumps tweet as being a change of reason for why he fired Flynn.  As I read the tweet, the reference to the FBI is simply reinforcement for the original decision to fire him (ie, I’m assuming Trump is essentially saying something like “I fired him because he lied to us, and now you can see why that was a good decision because he also lied to the FBI.  Nobody can have somebody like that around.”).

That sounds reasonable.  And a perfect illustration why Trump hurts himself by tweeting.   If in the normal context the President simply issued a press statement, it's language and tone would be vetted,  by professionals who would correct obvious gaffes.   

Now Trump's  got to cancel a presser while his people scramble.

Trump may be well meaning,  but we have a child in the White House.    His Twitter toy should be taken away.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2017, 02:25:02 pm »

@TheRickWilson

The President of The United States of Ragetweets is in a flaming panic right now.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2017, 04:12:44 pm »
:whocares:  You've not been right yet.

Perhaps, but it's an unforced error.  They cancelled a presser yesterday to avoid commenting on it.  Now, he has given them something to talk about, unnecessarily.

Sure.....because this is so far off base now that the lawyer is taking the heat and calling it 'sloppy.'  They already knew that, though, or the lawyer would have never stepped forward.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 04:14:00 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2017, 05:52:33 pm »
Calvin Woodward and Ken Thomas, Associated Press
Associated PressDecember 2, 2017

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Donald Trump changed his story Saturday on why he fired Michael Flynn as his national security adviser, now suggesting he knew at the time that Flynn had lied to the FBI as well as to Vice President Mike Pence about his contacts with Russians during the presidential transition.

That was a turnabout from his initial explanations that Flynn had to go because he hadn't been straight with Pence about those contacts. Lying to the FBI is a crime, and one that Flynn acknowledged Friday in pleading guilty and agreeing to cooperate with the special counsel's Russia investigation.

Trump's tweet: "I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!"

It's unclear now why Trump would cite lying to the FBI as a reason for firing Flynn. Doing so suggests the president knew at the time that Flynn had done something that is against the law, and therefore the investigation could not be as frivolous as he's been portraying.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-alters-story-why-fired-flynn-203514321--politics.html

Another non story from Yahoo.  I go to Yahoo every day to check out their latest attacks on the President.  If nothing has happened they can latch onto, don't worry, they make up something.

Trump does not have to tell Yahoo or anyone else why he fired Flynn.  He may have had several reasons.  He gave one of them.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2017, 05:55:51 pm »
Perhaps, but it's an unforced error.  They cancelled a presser yesterday to avoid commenting on it.  Now, he has given them something to talk about, unnecessarily.

Way to shift the blame, @edpc ..Yahoo is another arm of the dem party. 

This is not an error, forced or unforced.  Trump does not owe Yahoo, or the dems, or even me, his reason for firing someone.

He gave a valid reason.  If he chose not to give every reason, I see no problem.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2017, 05:59:08 pm »
Ahhh....but it sure does bring out the 'House NTs'.     :laugh:

Is it just me or are there fewer NT'ers than there used to be.

I see a lot more people realizing that this story is a stupid reach, than people going with the 'Trump has always been a liar so I believe anything the media says about him."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2017, 06:00:26 pm »
@TheRickWilson

The President of The United States of Ragetweets is in a flaming panic right now.

You're confused, Kevin.  You are in a panic.  I think there's a panic room over there somewhere.

The President is not in a panic.

Offline edpc

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2017, 06:03:37 pm »
Way to shift the blame, @edpc ..Yahoo is another arm of the dem party. 

This is not an error, forced or unforced......

Then why did the lawyer cop to drafting the tweet and call it sloppy?

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2017, 06:08:37 pm »

Oh, we’re still here.  But now we just point and laugh when the Trump-slobber starts.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2017, 01:19:03 am »

I see a lot more people realizing that this story is a stupid reach, than people going with the 'Trump has always been a liar so I believe anything the media says about him."

I don't post much anymore either but not for that reason. I already know how this is going to end but watching it and people's reactions are interesting. Someone once said you cannot reason a person out of a position that they did not reason themselves into in the first place. I think that is more likely why many people do not post as much as they used to.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2017, 01:24:06 am »
I don't post much anymore either but not for that reason. I already know how this is going to end but watching it and people's reactions are interesting. Someone once said you cannot reason a person out of a position that they did not reason themselves into in the first place. I think that is more likely why many people do not post as much as they used to.

Mmm hmm

Same brain drain we saw at TOS

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2017, 01:24:45 am »
Then why did the lawyer cop to drafting the tweet and call it sloppy?

Of course. Because he didn't draft it. Trump was the author of course. And when it made him look the fool he got someone else to take the blame. The funny thing is though that it is still Trump's Twitter account. Unless someone hacks into it and posts things without his knowledge and approval he is responsible for what is posted there and it doesn't matter who drafted it. It was done with his permission and knowledge. Pretending his lawyer did it only makes him look even more foolish for hiring such an incompetent in the first place.

Believe me. It was Trump who drafted that. Lawyers usually do not involve themselves in petty Twitter banter while defending their client's interests in a federal investigation. Especially when your client is the POTUS. Let's put on  thinking caps here and get the blinders off of eyes.

It's pretty easy to figure out what Trump does if one has ever raised children.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2017, 01:27:35 am »
Oh, we’re still here.  But now we just point and laugh when the Trump-slobber starts.

See, that's all you ever did, really.  You never had any valid points against Trump.  So many NT'ers just point and laugh.

Thanks for admitting it.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2017, 01:29:07 am »
Of course. Because he didn't draft it. Trump was the author of course. And when it made him look the fool he got someone else to take the blame. The funny thing is though that it is still Trump's Twitter account. Unless someone hacks into it and posts things without his knowledge and approval he is responsible for what is posted there and it doesn't matter who drafted it. It was done with his permission and knowledge. Pretending his lawyer did it only makes him look even more foolish for hiring such an incompetent in the first place.

Believe me. It was Trump who drafted that. Lawyers usually do not involve themselves in petty Twitter banter while defending their client's interests in a federal investigation. Especially when your client is the POTUS. Let's put on  thinking caps here and get the blinders off of eyes.

It's pretty easy to figure out what Trump does if one has ever raised children.

I think it's extremely unlikely the attorney drafted the tweet in question.  I suspect neither Trump nor the attorney would be willing to take a polygraph or to testify on the subject.  Any attorney who would tweet something like that should be immediately fired IMO.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2017, 01:29:59 am »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2017, 01:31:01 am »

The problem is that this is a non-story to begin with posted on a site so prejudiced that they called Melania's beautiful Christmas decorations 'creepy.'  I guess they liked what Michelle did with Christmas.

If there is actually a valid story about Trump's doings, I will give it full credit and either support him or not. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2017, 01:50:57 am »
Mmm hmm

Same brain drain we saw at TOS

This can't be true.  You're still posting. 

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2017, 02:06:39 am »
See, that's all you ever did, really.  You never had any valid points against Trump.  So many NT'ers just point and laugh.

Thanks for admitting it.

Uh huh...keep telling yourself that.  Our reasons are many and the President puts them on full display every day. The man is a bloviating bully with the moral compass of a toadstool. And I say that as someone who thinks Trump has done some decent things and I tend to believe the Flynn thing is crap. See?  That’s called intellectual honesty, and it’s not terribly difficult.

And I also believe that he will likely ensure his own fall, due to his inability to let ANY slight pass...And THAT will result in violence and/or irrevocable damage to conservatism.

And I also believe that there are none so blind as those who WON’T see.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline edpc

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2017, 02:20:11 am »

You should post what you think and not care what anyone else does unless you're being benched by Mods for silly reasons like TOS does.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2017, 02:50:24 am »
You should post what you think and not care what anyone else does unless you're being benched by Mods for silly reasons like TOS does.

Oh I've been warned against calling Trumpers terrible names like "Snowflake".

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2017, 02:53:03 am »
@Cripplecreek

Exactly.

Its why I only bother talking to a small handful of people here anymore.

Online corbe

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2017, 03:00:04 am »
Oh I've been warned against calling Trumpers terrible names like "Snowflake".

I remember back around Christmas, last year, I asked politely @Cripplecreek if you could tone down you anti Trump stuff, you pretty much told me to take a long walk on a short pier and now, retrospectively, I'm glad you did.
   Your a Treasure, here.  Rock On!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.