Author Topic: WALSH: 58 People Were Killed In Las Vegas, We Still Don't Know Why Or How, And Nobody Cares  (Read 417 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I am going to break the rules of the Internet Hot Take Industry and write about an old story that nobody cares about anymore. We have gone on to other topics, and then other topics, and then other topics, and other topics, etc. The news cycle moves at the speed of sound. Events from last week are a distant memory and news from October may as well have occurred during the Cretaceous Period.

Still, I can't help but recall, ever so faintly, that little thing known at the time as the worst mass shooting in American history. If memory serves, a wealthy 64-year-old gambler named Stephen Paddock murdered 58 people and injured hundreds from the window of his luxury hotel room. In the days after the slaughter, nobody could figure out why he did it, or how he managed to pull it off. So, we all kind of shrugged our shoulders and moved on. The questions were never answered.

It is now two months later and we know as much today as we knew six hours after the shooting. But nobody is talking about it anymore. It's as if it never happened....

http://www.dailywire.com/news/24188/vegas-matt-walsh?utm_medium=email&utm_content=120217-news&utm_campaign=position1

When we are inundated by a daily tsunami of news, it's very hard to focus and sort out what is really important.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Where's Nancy Grace when you need her?

FWIW at 2/day, Chicago has presumably piled up about the same number of murders in those 2 months, and people care even less about those...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline endicom

Right, wrong or otherwise, Wikipedia has an account of known knowns: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Paddock

Offline berdie

Maybe there is no answer that rational people understand.

Maybe the guy was a nut and wanted to kill people. And he did.

Sometimes if you hear hoofbeats...you should just look for horses...not zebras?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Maybe there is no answer that rational people understand.

Maybe the guy was a nut and wanted to kill people. And he did.

Sometimes if you hear hoofbeats...you should just look for horses...not zebras?

A cold, calculating, rational and very efficient nut.