Author Topic: Trump praised for his courage, named ‘Man of the Year’ by The American Spectator  (Read 275 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Trump praised for his courage, named ‘Man of the Year’ by The American Spectator
Washington Times, Nov 30, 2017, Jennifer Harper

<snip>

Some have already spotted a winner, however. The American Spectator has named Mr. Trump as its official “Man of the Year,” and one who has stood fast and stayed on task during a trying year.

“Through it all he has held his head high, eyes focused on his goal of Making America Great Again. For which The American Spectator applauds this particular president of the United States — a man of decided courage, conviction — and consequence” writes contributing editor Jeffrey Lord in explaining the publication’s rationale.

“The list of enemies Trump has made is a who’s who and what’s what of exactly the people, institutions, or issues that millions of Americans have come to detest,” says Mr. Lord. “From the liberal media to the GOP establishment to the sacred cows of political correctness and identity politics and more, the President has been absolutely fearless in taking on people or subjects other presidents not to mention GOP establishment politicians would instinctively avoid.”

More: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/30/inside-the-beltway-donald-trump-declared-man-of-th/

Oceander

Online Right_in_Virginia

President Trump: The American Spectator Man of the Year
An American president of courage and consequence.
American Spectator, Nov 29, 2017, Jeffrey Lord

The words were spoken by Edward Stuyvesant Bragg, a one-time Union general in the Civil War turned-Congressman from Wisconsin. At the 1884 Democratic National Convention, Bragg, then a congressional candidate, was selected to second the nomination of New York Governor Grover Cleveland for president. Cleveland had made his reputation as governor by being a staunch opponent of New York City’s corrupt Tammany Hall political machine, fearlessly taking on members of his own party as he championed reform of state government.

Thus it was that Bragg stepped to the podium of the party’s National Convention and uttered the phrase that would wind up being remembered through the years and be shortened to the last part: “… they love him most for the enemies he has made.”

More: https://spectator.org/president-trump-the-american-spectator-man-of-the-year/

Online Right_in_Virginia

As it happens, the Thanksgiving holiday brought me time with two of my favorite Trump-supporting relatives. I asked what it is that makes them such staunch Trump supporters. Their answers tracked closely with what I hear from Trump supporters all the time. ...

And number ten? This will be the one that launches liberals into the stratosphere:

10.He’s the type of person you want to vote twice for.

https://spectator.org/president-trump-the-american-spectator-man-of-the-year/

Methinks #10 will also launch more than few #nevertrumps into the stratosphere, as I'm sure @Oceander will confirm.  ^-^

Offline Frank Cannon