Author Topic: BREAKING: Obama Admin Approved General Flynn Calls with Russian Ambassador by Joshua Caplan 43 Comme  (Read 1142 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: Obama Admin Approved General Flynn Calls with Russian Ambassador
by Joshua Caplan

On Friday, Michael Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to FBI agents about making contact with Russian Ambassador Kislyak during the transition period. In a stunning twist, the Trump White House revealed to CNN that the calls were approved by the Obama administration.

Following pleading guilty to making false statements to the FBI, General Michael Flynn released the statement below:

“After over 33 years of military service to our country, including nearly five years in combat away from my family, and then my decision to continue to serve the United States, it has been extraordinarily painful to endure these many months of false accusations of ‘treason’ and other outrageous acts. Such false accusations are contrary to everything I have ever done and stood for. But I recognize that the actions I acknowledged in court today were wrong, and, through my faith in God, I am working to set things right. My guilty plea and agreement to cooperate with the Special Counsel’s Office reflect a decision I made in the best interests of my family and of our country. I accept full responsibility for my actions.”

more
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/12/breaking-obama-admin-approved-general-flynn-calls-russian-ambassador/
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 11:59:25 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah so what. Flynn is a liar and he got caught lying. That's where it ends.

Offline Concerned

If true (which I seriously doubt), why would Flynn lie to the FBI about the calls with the Russians?  It makes even less sense. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline skeeter

If true (which I seriously doubt), why would Flynn lie to the FBI about the calls with the Russians?  It makes even less sense.

If Flynn answered the FBI's questions in the context of Russian collusion with the campaign in the election, the answer would be 'no, I had no contact with the Russians'. Perhaps Flynn is guilty of nothing more than making a mistaken assumption about the scope of the FBI's question. Why would he think they wanted information on contacts that are perfectly legal and normal for an administration elect?

Its just the kind of Mickey Mouse bullsh*t this Indepenent Council would pull.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 12:22:00 am by skeeter »

Offline Concerned

If Flynn answered the FBI's questions in the context of Russian collusion with the campaign in the election, the answer would be 'no, I had no contact with the Russians'. Perhaps Flynn is guilty of nothing more than making a mistaken assumption about the scope of the FBI's question. Why would he think they wanted information on contacts that are perfectly legal and normal for an administration elect?

Flynn's lies had nothing to do with your hypothetical idea of an "assumption".  They were "material" and can be found in his Statement of Offense:

https://www.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/flynn_statement_of_offense12012017.pdf

Offline skeeter

Flynn's lies had nothing to do with your hypothetical idea of an "assumption".  They were "material" and can be found in his Statement of Offense:

https://www.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/flynn_statement_of_offense12012017.pdf

"Material" to what? An investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Indeed!  Exactly the kind!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Concerned

"Material" to what? An investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election?

It's a legal term.  "Material" means important.  It's not just someone making a "bad assumption".  It wasn't by accident.  The Statement of Offense notes Flynn's lies were "material", and he pled guilty to "material" lies.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/material
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 12:37:09 am by Concerned »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Well, well.  Now Mueller gets to grill the Obama guys.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline RetBobbyMI

Well, well.  Now Mueller gets to grill the Obama guys.
Why would the duche bag go there?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline skeeter

It's a legal term.  "Material" means important.  It's not just someone making a "bad assumption".  It wasn't by accident.  The Statement of Offense notes Flynn's lies were "material", and he pled guilty to "material" lies.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/material

He pled guilty because Mueller was breaking him financially.

My point is Mueller is supposed to be investigating Russian collusion with the Trump campaign. How are Flynn's postelection contacts with the Russians material to that investigation and is it not possible he did not consider them "material" since there's no way in hell they were?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 03:49:34 pm by skeeter »

Offline aligncare

My point is Mueller is supposed to be investigating Russian collusion with the Trump campaign. How are Flynn's postelection contacts with the Russians material to that investigation and is it not possible he did not consider them "material" since there's no way in hell they were?

I believe you are correct.

Aggressive prosecutors (especially one who has no case) will bring a witness back multiple times, on the record, asking the same exact questions and then comb through each interview response – and there better not be a single syllable out of place in each accounting. It’s called a perjury trap and I think General Flynn was tripped up in one.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Aggressive prosecutors (especially one who has no case) will bring a witness back multiple times, on the record, asking the same exact questions and then comb through each interview response – and there better not be a single syllable out of place in each accounting. It’s called a perjury trap and I think General Flynn was tripped up in one.

IMHO the entire Muellar investigation is an illegal enterprise because there never was anything legitimate for him to investigate!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

I wonder why those conversations Flynn had with the Russians in December '16 as a representative of the administration-elect aren't subject to executive privilege, since they lay beyond the scope of Mueller's 'probe'?

Offline Concerned

Whether HE considered it “material” or not, I just don’t think it’s wise to lie to the FBI.  One morning several years ago, I had the FBI unexpectedly show up at my house at 6:30.  This was part of a coordinated attempt to interview 4-5 potential witnesses/suspects about a potential bribery investigation they were doing involving a member of Congress and a Political Action Committee I was in charge of.  They got my wife and me out of bed, but since we had nothing to hide and had done nothing wrong, we agreed to be interviewed.  Before the questioning started, I said the following to my wife (in front of the FBI agent): “We’re going to answer every question honestly and truthfully.  If we’re not 100% confident of an answer, we’re going to say, we’re not sure or I don’t know.  If we are 100% confident of an answer, we’ll answer the question to the best of our ability”.  Nothing came of the investigation.  Perhaps Flynn should have followed this simple, common sense advice instead of lying. 

I believe if, in the course of the investigation, they find criminal acts, they pursue them.  This is how an investigation into a land deal got Clinton in trouble over lying about a sexual dalliance.   After that experience, I’d think anyone being investigated should know better.

Words to live by IMO:  don't lie.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 04:38:32 pm by Concerned »

Oceander

Baloney.  He pled guilty because he’s guilty of what he pled to.

Offline aligncare

I wonder why those conversations Flynn had with the Russians in December '16 as a representative of the administration-elect aren't subject to executive privilege, since they lay beyond the scope of Mueller's 'probe'?

I think the best answer to your question was given by Bigun, above. Mueller is desperate to justify his bogus investigation with tangible results, even if it’s just the prosecution of the process crime of misremembering a single detail within multiple interviews covering several hours of repetitive questioning.  :shrug:

Plus, Mueller’s a poopy head.

Oceander

Because Trump wasn’t the executive at that point; Obama was. Executive privilege didn’t attach.

Offline skeeter

I think the best answer to your question was given by Bigun, above. Mueller is desperate to justify his bogus investigation with tangible results, even if it’s just the prosecution of the process crime of misremembering a single detail within multiple interviews covering several hours of repetitive questioning.  :shrug:

Plus, Mueller’s a poopy head.

Yes he is. But it has been kinda fun watching some dead enders lose their b*ners as it dawns on them there's gonna be no 'testifying against Trump' as was reported all yesterday long.

Offline aligncare

Yes he is. But it has been kinda fun watching some dead enders lose their b*ners as it dawns on them there's gonna be no 'testifying against Trump' as was reported all yesterday long.

Yep. Joy Behar’s in for a migraine and I couldn’t be happier.