Author Topic: Flynn to testify Trump 'directed him to make contact with the Russians': report  (Read 15440 times)

Offline aligncare

My post from the other Flynn thread:

When you don’t have a case, you threaten to indict the target’s children in exchange for cooperation, which is what Mueller did here with Flynn.

At the end of the day nothing of this will touch Trump, Russia and “collusion.”

And, as for being directed to make contact with the Russians, Flynn was directed to make contact with the Russians after Trump won the election (Remember, the charge is that Trump colluded with Russians to win the election – asking to contact Russia is normal and expected of a new president.)

Offline mirraflake

I have not been following any of this. Some give me in a nutshell what is going on?

What is the big deal that Trump officials contacted the Russians a few weeks before the inauguration?

Was contacting them illegal or was Trump saying they did not contact them, lying about it the big deal?

Offline cato potatoe

Pence-day Clock just moved a minute closer to midnight  :0001:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The witness is not credible. The witness has been coerced.

And, those behind this effort don't give a damn as long as he gives them what they want.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
As I had asked in another thread....

Did the previously cooperating legal teams of Trump and Flynn ever discuss a potential pardon and was that answer no?

Normally, I’d say the liar caught lying better have something to prove his sudden 180, but this is politics......
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 05:16:47 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And, those behind this effort don't give a damn as long as he gives them what they want.

Absolutely!  ANYTHING to throw more chaff into the air and protect the damned swamp from any draining!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

Graham and some other senator ask Trump not to pardon Flynn.

Offline Night Hides Not

As if Trump is going to consider anything Lindsey has to say. Graham's been a weasel for years.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline aligncare

Flynn is copping to a process “crime.”

Trump fired Flynn for lying, Mueller accepted Flynn’s plea for lying; and we’re supposed to be surprised and worried Flynn has information about Russia collusion?

Move along; nothing to see here.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 05:24:42 pm by aligncare »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

And, if Trump moves to pardon him at this point, it will make him look guilty.  Checkmate?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

As excellent a reason to do it as is likely to ever exist!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

What is? Because Graham asked Trump not pardon Flynn he should do it?

That's idiotic.

Offline Frank Cannon

It sure as hell would be entertaining.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
If true, it goes back to the old saying, it isn't the action, it is the cover up that will get you.

Offline DiogenesLamp

The witness is not credible. The witness has been coerced.

This.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
These discussions between Flynn and Russian contacts were apparently in relation to potential future cooperation in Syria against ISIS.  It has nothing to do with the election. These are things a national security advisor would do, so I am at a loss to see the problem with these overtures.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Are you saying that Flynn was a plant from Deep State?

Figure it out.   Witch Hunt prosecutor threatens to put you away for a very long time unless you can "remember"  what he wants you to remember.   

He's already convicted of lying,  and so now his testimony is going to be regarded as anything but coerced?   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline ABX

Update

According to this, it was before the election and it was in relation to promises of lifting sanctions against Russia. This wasn't post election/post presidency discussions about ISIS and Syria as some speculated.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/24198/breaking-flynn-ready-testify-candidate-trump-told-ben-shapiro

Offline kevindavis007

If true, it goes back to the old saying, it isn't the action, it is the cover up that will get you.

Just as long as our guy is covering it up. Who cares.  ;)
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Frank Cannon

Update

According to this, it was before the election and it was in relation to promises of lifting sanctions against Russia. This wasn't post election/post presidency discussions about ISIS and Syria as some speculated.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/24198/breaking-flynn-ready-testify-candidate-trump-told-ben-shapiro

That article says no such thing. WTF are you trying to spin here?

That isn’t grounds for a collusion charge – having contact with the Russian government does not mean that actual information exchanged hands with the goal of influencing the election. Campaigns regularly have outreach with other nations’ leadership.

However, the fact that Flynn’s charges are so light suggests that he may in fact have dirt to spill. Otherwise, we’re looking at special counsel Robert Mueller charging Flynn in a Scooter Libby scenario – charging him for the lies rather than any underlying crime, in an attempt to rope others into charges for lying to the FBI rather than any underlying crime.

BTW Andrew McCarthy says that because the charges are so worthless there is no way Flynn has anything good. If he did he would have to be charged with real crimes.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Kathyrn Herridge just reporting from the court this morning:

"Flynn's conversation with the Russian ambassador was in late December, [after the election], and the conversation was about the UN vote on an issue pertaining to the Middle East" ...

None of that is illegal in any way, and doesn't pertain the collusion or the election in any way.
Another process crime created by the investigation. Same as what Scooter Libby copped to too. I always figured that was because they couldn't get him on anything juicier. So far, the Mueller investigation is producing grossly underwhelming results.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

None of that is illegal in any way, and doesn't pertain the collusion or the election in any way.
Another process crime created by the investigation. Same as what Scooter Libby copped to too. I always figured that was because they couldn't get him on anything juicier. So far, the Mueller investigation is producing grossly underwhelming results.

This is why the market is back up and things are normalizing. Flynn is copping to garbage. If he didn't lie, like he seems to do a lot, he would be fine because there is nothing wrong with what he was doing.

Offline skeeter

I always assumed Flynn's 'lie' was more of a context issue - he assumed the questions were related to colluding with Russians about the election, not a general 'did you speak with Russians'. Of course his answer was no.

Offline ABX

That article says no such thing. WTF are you trying to spin here?

BTW Andrew McCarthy says that because the charges are so worthless there is no way Flynn has anything good. If he did he would have to be charged with real crimes.

The very first paragraph regarding the sanctions.

On Friday, former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn pled guilty to lying to the FBI about speaking with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak in order to convince Kislyak to lay off of backlash against new sanctions on Russia in the waning days of the Obama administration. He apparently escaped charges with regard to financial payments from foreign sources, including the Turkish government, which led people to believe that he would flip on other members of the Trump administration.

And the title regarding the timing.

Flynn Ready To Testify That Candidate Trump Told Him To Reach Out To Russians

Note it says 'candidate' not President Elect or President. That implies it was before the election (unless it was just poorly worded)