Author Topic: Cop taunts would-be killer with lube on way to prison: 'You are going to need a lot of this'  (Read 2156 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cop taunts would-be killer with lube on way to prison: 'You are going to need a lot of this'
Gregg Re is an editor for Fox News. Follow him on Twitter @gregg_re.

The police officer who Kevin Rojas nearly killed during a traffic stop turned up at his sentencing hearing with a prop: a tube of lubricant. (Jacksonville Sheriff's Office).

A police officer taunted the Jacksonville man who shot him multiple times last year by taking out a tube of K-Y Jelly personal lubricant in court Wednesday and saying, “You are going to need a lot of this,” local reports said.

Kevin Rojas, then 19, shot the undercover police officer three times during a 2016 traffic stop, including once in the face, the Florida Times-Union reported.

Read more at: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/30/cop-taunts-would-be-killer-with-lube-on-way-to-prison-are-going-to-need-lot-this.html

I wonder if the police officer is in a wheelchair or something, having been shot 3 times.... anyway, this prisoner should be in prison for all time; at least, a very long time.

Offline ConstitutionRose

Some are not happy with this LEO.  Given what he has suffered, I think he should be allowed the taunt with a tube - at minimum.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Some are not happy with this LEO.  Given what he has suffered, I think he should be allowed the taunt with a tube - at minimum.

There's not a thing funny about prison rape IMO.

Offline ConstitutionRose

I don't think the LEO intended to be funny.  He was shot multiple times, including in the face. 

I am of two minds about the prison system, but realistically given the composition of the residents, what are the chances that they are going to be gentlemen?  Consequences.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I don't think the LEO intended to be funny.  He was shot multiple times, including in the face. 

I am of two minds about the prison system, but realistically given the composition of the residents, what are the chances that they are going to be gentlemen?  Consequences.

You think nobody innocent is ever sent to prison?

Offline Suppressed

A society that makes a law against rape and then turns a blind eye to it is hypocritical.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RoosGirl

A society that makes a law against rape and then turns a blind eye to it is hypocritical.

Maybe they should have yearly training for the inmates to teach them what is and is not appropriate conduct.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"A police officer taunted the Jacksonville man who shot him multiple times last year by taking out a tube of K-Y Jelly personal lubricant in court Wednesday and saying, “You are going to need a lot of this,” local reports said."

Nuthin' wrong with this.

In fact, I think it's GREAT. Kudos to the officer -- he gets the "Trump speak your mind award" for this month.

With a bit of luck, Mr. Rojas -will- be raped.
Too bad, so sad.
Stuff it, Rojas. Take it and smile!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Just Andy Dufresne.  He's the only One I know of.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Suppressed

Maybe they should have yearly training for the inmates to teach them what is and is not appropriate conduct.

That would be just great, but I think it's more about the behavior of COs that allow crimes to be committed.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Considering this officer was also the victim of the criminal activity that resulted in injury to the officer, a few taunts pale in comparison to what might be considered more just.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Irrelevant to this matter. This defendant was guilty of a heinous crime and deserved to go to prison.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RoosGirl

That would be just great, but I think it's more about the behavior of COs that allow crimes to be committed.

Ok, they can go to the class too.  I'm sure that will stop criminals from doing criminal things.

Offline WingNot

They call it "Pound me in the ass Prison" for a reason.   The cop was just helping the boy out.  A going away gift to help him adjust to his new friends when he hits stir.

Offline RoosGirl

They call it "Pound me in the ass Prison" for a reason.   The cop was just helping the boy out.  A going away gift to help him adjust to his new friends when he hits stir.

I figure it was actually a kind gesture from the cop, considering what happened to him.  I hear that kind of thing can get pretty uncomfortable without lube.

Offline dfwgator

Offline WingNot

I figure it was actually a kind gesture from the cop, considering what happened to him.  I hear that kind of thing can get pretty uncomfortable without lube.

KY has come out with a new prison slogan:

When slipping in the back door

Of a lad or a lass

Here's a thought to remember

Don't be a pain in the ass

Give the  His and His KY gift pack this Holiday Season.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste

Oceander

And this idiot of a cop should be investigated for conspiracy if the defendant does get raped in prison to see if he was involved in having it happen.

Offline WingNot

Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste

I have been around for a long long year
Stole many a mans soul to waste.

Offline RoosGirl

And this idiot of a cop should be investigated for conspiracy if the defendant does get raped in prison to see if he was involved in having it happen.

And maybe the idiot lawyers for arguing the case successfully and unsuccessfully that resulted in the guy getting sent to prison.

Oceander

And maybe the idiot lawyers for arguing the case successfully and unsuccessfully that resulted in the guy getting sent to prison.

That’s a pretty stupid thing to say.  The cop made an implied threat and that would justify an investigation.  Or is it now ok for cops to threaten to have things done to people in prison?  To use their connections to the system to make bad things happen to people they do not like?

Offline Frank Cannon

Actually it is funny because it happens to criminals. It's not like this is taking place in a Macy's housewares section.

Offline Frank Cannon

Awesome idea. Criminals are usually receptive to reasoning.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln