Author Topic: European Union Remains ‘Committed’ To Opening Borders to 75 Million Turkish Citizens as ‘Soon as Pos  (Read 685 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

European Union Remains ‘Committed’ To Opening Borders to 75 Million Turkish Citizens as ‘Soon as Possible’
Breitbart, Nov 29, 2017, Liam Deacon

The European Union (EU) remains “committed to” giving, and is in the later stages of securing, Turkish citizens visa-free travel in the bloc, as well as handing an extra three billion euros to migrants in the nation by next year, a commissioner has said.

The EU’s Commissioner for Migration Dimitris Avramopoulos explained that all elements of the migrant deal with Turkey were moving ahead, after Turkey agreed to stem the tide of Middle Eastern migrants in return for billions in aid and the opening Europe’s borders to Turks.

He made the comments to Turkish paper Hurriyet ahead of a visit to the nation. In a Turkish language version, he is quoted, according to a rough translation, as saying the deal in its “last level”.

More: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/11/29/eu-still-committed-visa-free-travel-turkey/

Online Right_in_Virginia

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cultural/religious/racial suicide.

(along with the madness in the post above)

Pat Buchanan was dead-right years and years ago:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 01:04:54 am by Fishrrman »

Offline MajorClay

Offline jpsb

I wonder what Greece and Bulgaria think of the EU plan?

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

Gog/Magog

Ezekiel 38 & 39 - Rev 20:7-9

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ask Hungary about their history with Turks and then you will understand why they built walls and told the EU to go diddle itself and it's suicidal immigration plan.

The EU has Europe on the expressway to

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I wonder what Greece and Bulgaria think of the EU plan?

Avrampolous, the guy saying this is a Greek. I look him up:
Dimitris Avramopoulos (Greek: Δημήτρης Αβραμόπουλος) is a Greek politician of the conservative New Democracy party, and former career diplomat. He has served in various high-level cabinet posts, including Minister for Foreign Affairs and Minister for National Defence, and was Mayor of Athens in 1995–2002. Since 1 November 2014 he is serving as EU Commissioner for Migration, Home Affairs and Citizenship in the Juncker Commission.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitris_Avramopoulos

So it is the same guy.

His twitter:

One tweet:
DimitrisAvramopoulos‏Verified account @Avramopoulos
17h17 hours ago

DimitrisAvramopoulos Retweeted LIBE Committee Press

Great news that the EU will now have its own Entry Exit System to strengthen its border management and security. Let’s get to work to turn this into reality as soon as possible! @EP_Justice @EU2017EE @eu2018bg

Now, here he is in Hurriyet, Turkish newspaper, so this may be what Breitbart was quoting:
EU commissioner calls on Turkey to ‘move closer to Brussels and its values’

Visa-free travel

Asked if he expects progress on visa-free travel for Turkish nationals in the near future, Avramopoulos stressed that Ankara must “meet the remaining benchmarks,” including revisions to Turkey’s anti-terror law.

“Good progress is being made and all funds should be contracted by the end of this year. We will soon decide on the next steps, after discussing with Member States on further funding,” he added.

Dimitris Avramopoulos, Turkey, European Union

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/eu-commissioner-calls-on-turkey-to-move-closer-to-brussels-and-its-values-123085

I'm not totally convinced of Breitbart's interpretation or, Breitbart may be correct, but it will not be easy to get to point A to point B without some severe measures first being taken.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Nobody should be more aware of the dangers of Turkish infiltration than the Greeks, this Avrampolous fellow is claimed to be a "conservative" though, it is Europe so who knows what that means. Still, I'd be a bit skeptical of what Breitbart is saying. A lot of hurtles to get through.