Author Topic: Kate Steinle murder suspect found not guilty  (Read 4876 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Kate Steinle murder suspect found not guilty
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2017, 05:18:07 pm »
Interesting -- I had never previously read until TODAY that the shot that killed Ms. Steinle was a ricochet. That the gun was not "pointed at her" but discharged while the illegal was looking at it, then ricocheted from a wall and hit the victim.

If that's actually what happened (instead of what the illegal CLAIMED as to what happened), "involuntary manslaughter" might have been the most they could charge him with. This would be supported by the mark of the bullet on the wall from which it ricocheted. I presume they investigated that and had evidence to sustain it.

Of course, I'm dismayed they let the perp off which such light charges.
But hey --- it's San Francisco, and this is what you get in a leftist-communist city.

The guy was tried -- and let off -- by [truly] a "jury of his peers".

One complaint -- why was it only today that I read about "the ricocheted bullet"?
I don't remember this being mentioned previously.
Earlier accounts led me to believe that the perp walked up and pointed the gun RIGHT AT her. The "ricochet" wasn't mentioned, I would have recalled that.

Addendum:
In any case, kinda makes one wish for this guy:

Addendum2:
Oops, posted this before I saw dfwgator's post early on.
But... worth repeating!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 06:03:39 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2017, 05:58:55 pm »

Addendum:
I'm wondering if the leftists/communists are gloating over this one.
If so, I think the smirk may be wiped from their faces by a backlash from traditional-minded Americans.

This is gonna become "just another brick in the wall".
A BIG brick!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 06:09:47 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline verga

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2017, 06:24:35 pm »
Defense Atty warned the POTUS and VPOTUS not to politicize this verdict since they too are under investigation..
@mystery-ak If (When?) He sneaks back in the defense attorney should be sentenced to prison and disbarred.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2017, 06:37:47 pm »
California has sunk to a new low
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2017, 06:45:25 pm »
One complaint -- why was it only today that I read about "the ricocheted bullet"?
I don't remember this being mentioned previously.
Earlier accounts led me to believe that the perp walked up and pointed the gun RIGHT AT her. The "ricochet" wasn't mentioned, I would have recalled that.

This is the problem with the lunatics who think we shouldn't look at liberal sources, too.  Yes, the nutty Trump-fan sites didn't want to mention the ricochet because it didn't fit the narrative they wanted their dupes to parrot.  But the information was out there.

For example...

http://www.mercurynews.com/2015/08/27/kate-steinle-killing-ballistics-expert-calls-fatal-shot-accident/

Kate Steinle killing: Ballistics expert calls fatal shot accident
By THOMAS PEELE | tpeele@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: August 27, 2015 at 10:00 am | UPDATED: August 12, 2016 at 1:44 am

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2017, 06:47:26 pm »
Saw a report that even the left-wing San Francisco Chronicle newspaper is calling this an injustice.

Yes...

Editorial: Justice not served in slaying trial of Kate Steinle
San Francisco Chronicle    Updated 6:12 pm, Thursday, November 30, 2017
http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/editorials/article/Justice-not-served-in-trial-of-Kate-Steinle-s-12396717.php?t=6865a28a34
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2017, 06:57:30 pm »
Vaguely remembering what Larry Elder said, he should have been convicted of involuntary manslaughter, I thought I heard they would plead guilty of this but the prosecutors went for a 2nd degree murder charge... or he might have been charged with both but here is this:
Garcia Zarate, who was homeless at the time, claimed he found the gun wrapped in a piece of cloth under a swivel chair at the pier. He says he picked it up, and it accidentally fired, hitting Steinle in the back. The bullet, the defense claimed, ricocheted and then traveled 78 feet before striking Steinle.

The prosecution has always maintained that Garcia Zarate had the gun all along, aimed it at Steinle and fired.
But, because, he had little experience with guns, the bullet ricocheted first, a common mistake made by amateurs.

http://abc7news.com/kate-steinle-murder-suspect-found-not-guilty/2679176/

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2017, 01:10:41 pm »
Ed Lee, San Francisco mayor and 'sanctuary city' proponent, dead at 65

Ed Lee, San Francisco’s 43rd mayor, died early Tuesday at the Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, his office confirmed. He was 65.

Appointed mayor by the Board of Supervisors in 2011 to replace Mayor Gavin Newsom, Lee won reelection in 2015. Lee was known as a major supporter of San Francisco's controversial "sanctuary city" policy, which became a major news and political story in particular during the last two years of Lee's tenure after the death of Kate Steinle at the hands of a five-time deportee.

He took a stand as a proponent of San Francisco's "sanctuary city" policy, saying "San Francisco is and always will be a sanctuary city."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/12/ed-lee-san-francisco-mayor-dead-at-65.amp.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.