Author Topic: Kate Steinle murder suspect found not guilty  (Read 4884 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Kate Steinle murder suspect found not guilty
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 01:08:15 am »
I remember the defense argument was he found the gun, and dropped it. Apparently not witnesses that saw him aim and shoot her.

The jury was given involuntary manslaughter as an option @truth_seeker

They acquitted him of any responsibility for Kate's death.  Hell, kill someone with your car by accident and you're found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, never mind shooting the gun that killed a woman.

9999hair out0000

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 01:09:06 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2017, 01:20:42 am »
Sorry.

I think that a lot of us were in shock when we posted.

I don't know why .. It is California after all!

No. Great minds thought alike!!! @mrclose
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 01:22:21 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2017, 01:22:31 am »
This was a political verdict. Can't have the policies they're so proud of called into question by the rubes in the rest of the country.

If the jurors/powers that be in SF think this will end the controversy over sanctuary cities or thought it would be fun to poke their critics in the eye with this verdict I do not think its ultimate effect will be quite as they believe.

:thumbsup:  @skeeter

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2017, 01:27:58 am »
I remember the defense argument was he found the gun, and dropped it. Apparently not witnesses that saw him aim and shoot her.

They said tonight that the defense was he found the gun wrapped up under a park bench..when he unwrapped it it discharged killing Kate....that's their story.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2017, 01:30:33 am »
Where's Charles Bronson when we need him?

Or Thomas Magnum to ask if he’d seen the sunrise?

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2017, 01:33:19 am »
All I can think of is her poor family, this spits in the face of justice. And Trump campaigned on this, the poster boy of illegal aliens was the accused. Sheesh.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2017, 01:41:48 am »
All I can think of is her poor family, this spits in the face of justice. And Trump campaigned on this, the poster boy of illegal aliens was the accused. Sheesh.

I'm trying to see the silver lining here.

If the jury had administered true justice here public opinion might have been prematurely placated. This perversion of justice just might ratchet up the public's sense of outrage at a time when legislation that might make a permanent difference is being considered. I hope.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2017, 01:45:52 am »
Wow.  Just wow.

This is an abomination.   9999hair out0000
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2017, 01:48:35 am »
I'm trying to see the silver lining here.

If the jury had administered true justice here public opinion might have been prematurely placated. This perversion of justice just might ratchet up the public's sense of outrage at a time when legislation that might make a permanent difference is being considered. I hope.

There is no silver lining here except for the murderer who will once again be sent back to Mexico....say a prayer for Kate's family..I can't imagine their pain.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Concerned

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2017, 01:49:06 am »
This was a political verdict. Can't have the policies they're so proud of called into question by the rubes in the rest of the country.

If the jurors/powers that be in SF think this will end the controversy over sanctuary cities or thought it would be fun to poke their critics in the eye with this verdict I do not think its ultimate effect will be quite as they believe.

And that, IMO, illustrates the problem of politicizing judicial cases. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2017, 01:51:59 am »

Indeed...a political verdict!  It's enough to make me sick.  I pray for Kate's family, I can't imagine how devastated they must be right now; purely a miscarriage of justice.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2017, 01:55:18 am »
BREAKING:  Jose Ines Garcia Zarate Runing For Gov Of CA. Has 98% Approval From Voters.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2017, 02:32:44 am »
I know it's a bad time but I wonder if the parents have had a change of heart over "Sanctuary Cities?"

Kate Steinle's parents came out in 2015 and said they didn't like the use of the term "Kate's Law" for the Federal law under consideration to cut funding to sanctuary cities because they were not necessarily against sanctuary cities.

“We didn’t have a stance against sanctuary city,” Jim Steinle said in 2015, adding “We wanted to make darn sure that people understand that, because that’s kind of the hot-button issue locally.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/341137-kate-steinles-father-we-didnt-coin-kates-law
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2017, 02:38:45 am »
I know it's a bad time but I wonder if the parents have had a change of heart over "Sanctuary Cities?"

Kate Steinle's parents came out in 2015 and said they didn't like the use of the term "Kate's Law" for the Federal law under consideration to cut funding to sanctuary cities because they were not necessarily against sanctuary cities.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/341137-kate-steinles-father-we-didnt-coin-kates-law

I don't think so they are suing San Fran..
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 02:39:08 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline TomSea

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2017, 02:45:05 am »
Michelle Malkin on Hannity certainly does a fine job explaining all this, venting her rage.  To be seen if one can.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2017, 02:45:09 am »
Disgusting verdict from disgusting California. I heard that the jury was not allowed to hear about his five prior felony convictions or his many deportations. Why is that? And what about three strikes? I feel terrible for her parents. Justice denied.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2017, 03:10:08 am »
There is no silver lining here except for the murderer who will once again be sent back to Mexico....say a prayer for Kate's family..I can't imagine their pain.

Maybe and then again maybe not. Jeff Sessions can prosecute at the federal level. Felon
with a gun is good for 5-15. There are other possible federal charges too.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2017, 03:19:13 am »
California DA's can't win  a conviction to save their lives.  Worthless lot of asswipes.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2017, 03:20:36 am »
California DA's can't win  a conviction to save their lives.  Worthless lot of asswipes.

I don't know. This looks like the outcome they wanted. The trial was just for show.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2017, 03:20:50 am »
Maybe and then again maybe not. Jeff Sessions can prosecute at the federal level. Felon
with a gun is good for 5-15. There are other possible federal charges too.

I sure-sure hope so but it's almost like I'm hearing if he stays in the Sanctuary City (or even State), he will still be protected. A bunch of rubbish, we will see what can happen.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2017, 03:23:23 am »
I don't know. This looks like the outcome they wanted. The trial was just for show.

Could be an extension of the Sanctuary State policy..  No undocumented persons shall be detained or convicted of a crime at the state or local level by order of Gov Moonbeam....

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2017, 03:29:08 am »
Could be an extension of the Sanctuary State policy..  No undocumented persons shall be detained or convicted of a crime at the state or local level by order of Gov Moonbeam....

One thing that the Prosecutors got now is a precedent that what this wet back shitbag did is legal. As a matter of fact the message sent is the it was the gun that did the killing because it was unreliably dangerous.

It's a Christmas Miracle for the Commie in Cali.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2017, 03:35:39 am »
They don't recognize or Celebrate Christmas out there.  Must be a Ramadan/Kwanzaa  Miracle.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2017, 03:40:09 am »
They don't recognize or Celebrate Christmas out there.  Must be a Ramadan/Kwanzaa  Miracle.