Author Topic: Sarah Sanders just made a hugely offensive allegation against the media  (Read 672 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sarah Sanders just made a hugely offensive allegation against the media
CNN, Dec 11, 2017, Chris Cillizza

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders isn't a big fan of the media. Which is, of course, her right. The relationship between any White House and any press corps tasked with covering that White House is almost always fraught and fractious.

But, on Monday, Sanders made an accusation that went way, way beyond the pale of the usual give and take between White House and press corps. Here's what she said:

"There's a very big difference between making honest mistakes and purposefully misleading the American people. Something that happens regularly. You can't say -- I'm not done. You can't say that it's an honest mistake when you are purposely putting out information that you know to be false or when you're taking information that hasn't been validated, that hasn't been offered any credibility and that has been continually denied by a number of people including people with direct knowledge of an incident. This is something that -- I'm speaking about the number of reports that have taken place over the last couple of weeks. I'm simply stating that there should be a certain level of responsibility in that process."

Yes, there is a big difference between honest mistakes and purposely misleading people by reporting information that you know to be false. But, there's absolutely zero evidence -- cited by Sanders or anyone else in the Trump administration -- that any reporter covering the Trump White House has published something they knew to be false. Not any.

More: http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/politics/sarah-sanders-press-briefing-analysis/index.html

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:55:18 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Sarah Sanders just made a hugely offensive allegation against the media
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 12:58:13 am »
A CNN article complaining about it.   Noe that's rich

Of course they are lying
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 01:01:01 am »

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 01:02:44 am »
What Sarah said was both respectful and spot on!!   :thumbsup:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 01:05:48 am »
What Sarah said was both respectful and spot on!!   :thumbsup:

Absolutely it was but the media doesn't much cotton to getting their sorry azzes called out like that!

I, however, LOVE it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 01:13:43 am »
I absolutely love the way this administration has taken the gloves off when dealing with the media. It is about time that someone has called these bullies out and given them the smack down they so richly deserve. I sincerely hope that this will serve as a solid lesson plan to future Republican administrations that tey don't have to sit back and take it on the chin.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 01:14:26 am »
Sarah Sanders shuts down CNN star Jim Acosta's grandstanding
- Sarah Sanders
White House press secretary takes issue with inaccurate reporting, says there's a big difference between making honest mistakes and purposefully misleading the public.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders shut down CNN’s Senior White House Correspondent Jim Acosta on Monday when the liberal reporter tried to hijack a press briefing during a conversation about fake news.

Acosta told Sanders that journalists make “honest mistakes” but that doesn’t make them “fake news” before attempting a question. Sanders quickly cut him off.

“I’m not taking another question from you.”

Continued: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/11/sarah-sanders-shuts-down-cnn-star-jim-acostas-grandstanding.html

She was just in the news today for smacking down a CNN reporter per the above story.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 01:18:29 am »
I absolutely love the way this administration has taken the gloves off when dealing with the media. It is about time that someone has called these bullies out and given them the smack down they so richly deserve. I sincerely hope that this will serve as a solid lesson plan to future Republican administrations that tey don't have to sit back and take it on the chin.

:amen:  888high58888

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 01:24:48 am »
But, there's absolutely zero evidence -- cited by Sanders or anyone else in the Trump administration -- that any reporter covering the Trump White House has published something they knew to be false. Not any.

That’s a laugh.  They’ve been doing it forever and with many administrations.  You could write a book thicker than War And Peace with examples.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline endicom

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 01:27:18 am »
The relationship between any White House and any press corps tasked with covering that White House is almost always fraught and fractious.

My anal question of the day is, fraught with what?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 01:29:20 am »
But, there's absolutely zero evidence -- cited by Sanders or anyone else in the Trump administration -- that any reporter covering the Trump White House has published something they knew to be false. Not any.

That’s a laugh.  They’ve been doing it forever and with many administrations.  You could write a book thicker than War And Peace with examples.

It's not a laugh it's and outright lie!  And the evidence is everywhere.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 12:51:36 pm »
You know, I wasn't thrilled when Sanders was named press secretary, but she has actually turned out to be the best press secretary any president has had in years.  She's a tough cookie and knows how to handle a hostile press corps.  Heck, Obama had 8 years of a love affair between him and the press and his press secretaries still couldn't do the job.  This is one Trump appointment that has worked out well.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 12:57:03 pm »
You know, I wasn't thrilled when Sanders was named press secretary, but she has actually turned out to be the best press secretary any president has had in years.  She's a tough cookie and knows how to handle a hostile press corps.  Heck, Obama had 8 years of a love affair between him and the press and his press secretaries still couldn't do the job.  This is one Trump appointment that has worked out well.

I agree.  She is good.  She is far better than the past few turkey's that stood at that podium.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."