Author Topic: McCain Will Support Senate Tax Bill, Boosting Its Chances Of Passage  (Read 457 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Sen. John McCain will back the Senate tax bill, increasing the plan's chances of clearing the Senate by Friday.

The Arizona Republican was one of the last GOP senators who had not committed to supporting the proposal.

"After careful thought and consideration, I have decided to support the Senate tax reform bill," McCain said in a statement. "I believe this legislation, though far from perfect, would enhance American competitiveness, boost the economy, and provide long overdue tax relief for middle class families."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 04:06:46 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: McCain will support Senate tax bill, boosting its chances of passage
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 04:04:42 pm »
BFD. There still has to be reconciliation and passage of the House bill.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 04:05:43 pm »
I do wonder why McCain, Murkowski, and Collins are lining up for this while having been such douche monkeys in the past.
The Republic is lost.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 04:10:37 pm »
I do wonder why McCain, Murkowski, and Collins are lining up for this while having been such douche monkeys in the past.
Because they know it won’t do anything to limit their abilities to spend OPM like drunken sailors by keeping the revenue stream intact and pulling more wool over the taxpayers eyes.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCain a yes on tax reform, boosting Republicans
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 04:21:41 pm »
McCain a yes on tax reform, boosting Republicans
By Jordain Carney - 11/30/17 10:58 AM EST

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said on Thursday that he will support the Senate Republicans' tax plan, which GOP leadership wants to pass this week.

“After careful thought and consideration, I have decided to support the Senate tax reform bill. I believe this legislation, though far from perfect, would enhance American competitiveness, boost the economy, and provide long overdue tax relief for middle class families," McCain said in a statement.

McCain added that the Senate legislation would "directly benefit all Americans, allowing them to keep a higher percentage of what they earn."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/362553-mccain-a-yes-on-tax-reform-boosting-republicans
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: McCain a yes on tax reform, boosting Republicans
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 04:26:39 pm »
I'll not be surprised if a handful of Democrat senators (from states the President won) join the Republicans and vote "yes".

Heads-up, McCaskill!

ST. CHARLES, Mo. (AP) — President Donald Trump’s visit Wednesday to Missouri to promote a GOP tax plan may be less about winning Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill’s support than boosting her opponent.

Trump, who called on McCaskill to vote for the tax plan earlier this year, lent his support to Missouri Attorney General Josh Hawley’s bid to unseat the vulnerable Democratic lawmaker, since McCaskill has refused to come on board. Trump recognized Hawley from the stage as he returned to Missouri to try to push the tax plan across the finish line.

More: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/11/29/trump_backs_mccaskill_opponent_as_he_stumps_for_tax_bill_135646.html

Re: McCain a yes on tax reform, boosting Republicans
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 04:28:30 pm »