Author Topic: Matt Lauer, former ‘Today’ anchor, says ‘I am truly sorry’  (Read 514 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Matt Lauer, former ‘Today’ anchor, says ‘I am truly sorry’
NBC News, Nov 30, 2017, Erik Ortiz

Lauer's statement was a partial denial but he admitted that "there is enough truth in these stories to make me feel embarrassed and ashamed." "Today" anchor Savannah Guthrie shared his remarks.

"There are no words to express my sorrow and regret for the pain I have caused others by words and actions. To the people I have hurt, I am truly sorry. As I am writing this I realize the depth of the damage and disappointment I have left behind at home and at NBC," Lauer said.

"Some of what is being said about me is untrue or mischaracterized, but there is enough truth in these stories to make me feel embarrassed and ashamed. I regret that my shame is now shared by the people I cherish dearly.

"Repairing the damage will take a lot of time and soul searching and I'm committed to beginning that effort. It is now my full time job," he added. "The last two days have forced me to take a very hard look at my own troubling flaws. It's been humbling. I am blessed to be surrounded by the people I love. I thank them for their patience and grace."

More: https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/sexual-misconduct/matt-lauer-former-today-anchor-says-i-am-truly-sorry-n825171

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Well, alrighty.  I guess that's that.

(BTW ladies, Mr. Lauer is worth a reported $60 million)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Well, alrighty.  I guess that's that.

Make that 30 million.  His wife will get half!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline mountaineer

Gloria Allred already is salivating.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Gloria Allred already is salivating.

And her minime evil spawn of a daughter.  Must not forget the turd that didn't fall very far from her rectum. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline aligncare

“Sorry” he got caught.

Offline Night Hides Not

“Sorry” he got caught.

:thumbsup3:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.