Author Topic: Trump hits out at UK PM May over tweets  (Read 1161 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump hits out at UK PM May over tweets
« on: November 30, 2017, 04:02:06 am »
Trump hits out at UK PM May over tweets
Dave Lee North America technology reporter

Donald Trump has told UK Prime Minister Theresa May to focus on "terrorism" in the UK after she criticised his sharing of far-right videos.

"Don't focus on me, focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom," Mr Trump tweeted.

The US president had earlier retweeted three inflammatory videos posted online by a British far-right group.

Continued: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42176507

I applaud the President for giving attention to this issue instead of sitting back. We see where that gets one.

More discussion and analysis:
https://biasedbbc.org/blog/2017/11/29/i-came-i-saw-i-tweeted/

https://biasedbbc.org/blog/2017/11/29/anti-muslim-videos/

Offline Fantom

Re: Trump hits out at UK PM May over tweets
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 04:04:38 am »

Ouch... that will leave a mark..... or should.

Saying what needs to be said.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 04:41:33 am »
PM May is a disgraced loser.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 04:51:16 am »
Trump is the boy that keeps pointing out the Emperor isn't wearing any clothes.   

Thank God someone finally has the brass to tell these people the truth;   that their political correctness is killing them.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 01:06:15 pm »

Official Britain is in the grip of a paralyzing neurosis about Islam.  So the truth about Islam is heavily suppressed there.  Wilders, Geller and Robert Spencer simply report what Muslims do but they must be kept out of Britain because of that.  Facts are forbidden.

It's notable that no one is disputing the accuracy of what Trump tweeted. They are only criticizing the channel through which that information came.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 01:49:48 pm »
If you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the hit dogs yelps.

Britain is upset because they know the accusations are true. If they were false, Britain would ignore them. When you make it a crime to tell the truth, it's because the truth is too obvious. The best part of this whole thing is that Trump doesn't seem to care what they think. Banning the POTUS from Britain just makes Britain look childish.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 01:59:32 pm »
If you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the hit dogs yelps.

Britain is upset because they know the accusations are true. If they were false, Britain would ignore them. When you make it a crime to tell the truth, it's because the truth is too obvious. The best part of this whole thing is that Trump doesn't seem to care what they think. Banning the POTUS from Britain just makes Britain look childish.

Given British laws against hate speech, Trump might even have veered into dangerous territory if he still hopes to visit the country soon. In May’s previous role as home minister, she added two Islamophobic American bloggers, Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer, to a list of “extremists” barred from travel to the country, on the grounds that their presence could “foster hatred which might lead to inter-community violence in the U.K.”
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 02:10:41 pm »
Britain imports its terrorism so the whole premise is laughable. So it's fine to bring in people who are going to kill you wholesale but illegal to bring in people who talk about it.

Britain has become a 1980's comedy routine.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 02:14:11 pm »
Official Britain is in the grip of a paralyzing neurosis about Islam.  So the truth about Islam is heavily suppressed there.  Wilders, Geller and Robert Spencer simply report what Muslims do but they must be kept out of Britain because of that.  Facts are forbidden.

It's notable that no one is disputing the accuracy of what Trump tweeted. They are only criticizing the channel through which that information came.

I have read that in Britain,  you can be fined or imprisoned for saying anything derogatory about Muslims or Homosexuals.     

Trump just did something for which they would have prosecuted one of their own "Subjects",  and they can't touch him.   

I'm sure they are seething.   Freedom of Speech makes a big difference in preventing Authoritarian state activities.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 02:15:32 pm »
Given British laws against hate speech, Trump might even have veered into dangerous territory if he still hopes to visit the country soon. In May’s previous role as home minister, she added two Islamophobic American bloggers, Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer, to a list of “extremists” barred from travel to the country, on the grounds that their presence could “foster hatred which might lead to inter-community violence in the U.K.”

Trump is shining sunlight on the whole corrupt mess that is England's suppression of the Truth and suppression of  people's ability to speak the truth. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jpsb

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 02:21:30 pm »

In todays' Britain quoting Winston Churchill on Islam will get you thrown in jail for
hate speech. PC ism is killing Western Europe (with a big assist from Merkel) 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 03:05:28 pm »

Trump is shining sunlight on the whole corrupt mess that is England's suppression of the Truth and suppression of  people's ability to speak the truth.

He's doing this all by his lonesome. It would be ironic if this apolitical showman ended up responsible for changing the current trajectory of the west.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 03:07:51 pm by skeeter »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 02:03:17 am »
"Don't focus on me, focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom," Mr Trump tweeted.

One more homerun tweet.
Mr. Trump says what needs to be said in a short, concise statement.

Why are there folks around here who get so upset that he is able to communicate "directly to the people" this way?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 02:06:46 am »
WineNot wrote (wisely):
"Official Britain is in the grip of a paralyzing neurosis about Islam.  So the truth about Islam is heavily suppressed there.  Wilders, Geller and Robert Spencer simply report what Muslims do but they must be kept out of Britain because of that.  Facts are forbidden."

I saw a comment over at TOS today that I thought was a very astute observation.

The poster observed that Great Britain is now in its "post-Christian" stage.
Which will eventually be replaced by its conversion to islam.

Much could be said regarding the rest of Western Europe as well.
Not to mention... right here.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 02:12:02 am »
WineNot wrote (wisely):
"Official Britain is in the grip of a paralyzing neurosis about Islam.  So the truth about Islam is heavily suppressed there.  Wilders, Geller and Robert Spencer simply report what Muslims do but they must be kept out of Britain because of that.  Facts are forbidden."

I saw a comment over at TOS today that I thought was a very astute observation.

The poster observed that Great Britain is now in its "post-Christian" stage.
Which will eventually be replaced by its conversion to islam.

Much could be said regarding the rest of Western Europe as well.
Not to mention... right here.

Something always fills the void.