Author Topic: Chances for government shutdown rising  (Read 1410 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chances for government shutdown rising
« on: November 29, 2017, 02:20:21 am »
Chances for government shutdown rising
By Scott Wong - 11/28/17 08:01 PM EST

The odds of a government shutdown grew dramatically Tuesday as President Trump tweeted that he saw no path to a year-end deal with Democrats “Chuck and Nancy,” who then promptly backed out of a meeting at the White House.

Shortly after Trump’s “I don’t see a deal!” tweet, Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) said they didn’t see the point of sitting down with Trump.

“If the President, who already said earlier this year that ‘our country needs a good shutdown,’ isn’t interested in addressing the difficult year end agenda,” the Democrats said in a statement, “we’ll work with those Republicans who are, as we did in April.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/362256-chances-for-government-shutdown-rising
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Re: Chances for government shutdown rising
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 02:23:56 am »
   I'm old enough to remember when this was cool in Shutdown Filibusters.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 02:24:04 am »
Alrighty ten. Game of chicken is on.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 02:24:46 am »
Leter rip!  Keep it shut down for as long as necessary! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 02:49:39 am »
Leter rip!  Keep it shut down for as long as necessary!

I doubt I will miss it. Democrats shut down government like 8 or more times under Reagan. Let 'Em go for it.

First thing Trump needs to do is shut down all obamaphones and redirect all their calls to the appropriate ghetto lords in the House and Senate. .......I'm Sorry, democrats have shut down your phone, you will be redirected to the appropriate democrat Representative for an explanation why

Oh Lucy..you have some S'plainin' to do. Why my phone be off... jus sos you can give my shit to illegal mexicans?

Should be intrestin'.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 02:51:19 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 03:15:06 am »
Is there really any reason to care about this?

I thought "the government that governs least, governs best".

Well... a government that's "shut down" is probably governin' best of all!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 01:02:02 am »
I doubt I will miss it. Democrats shut down government like 8 or more times under Reagan. Let 'Em go for it.

First thing Trump needs to do is shut down all obamaphones and redirect all their calls to the appropriate ghetto lords in the House and Senate. .......I'm Sorry, democrats have shut down your phone, you will be redirected to the appropriate democrat Representative for an explanation why

Oh Lucy..you have some S'plainin' to do. Why my phone be off... jus sos you can give my shit to illegal mexicans?

Should be intrestin'.

:silly:  You do a heck of a Desi impersonation!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 01:02:40 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 02:13:00 am »

Should be intrestin'.

88finger point 888bravo

From your lips to God's ear, Exactly as proposed!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 02:17:38 am »
Is there really any reason to care about this?

I thought "the government that governs least, governs best".

Well... a government that's "shut down" is probably governin' best of all!

I know of two projects that will lose financing if this happens, as they will not be able to get their permits within deadline.  It's a sad state of affairs when private business is hurt by the shutdown of government.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 03:43:03 am »
I know of two projects that will lose financing if this happens, as they will not be able to get their permits within deadline.  It's a sad state of affairs when private business is hurt by the shutdown of government.
Government shutdown is a misnomer as not everything shuts down in every agency.  Most if not all of the agencies maintain "essential" personnel on the job to cover "essential" services.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 03:46:08 am »
Government shutdown is a misnomer as not everything shuts down in every agency.  Most if not all of the agencies maintain "essential" personnel on the job to cover "essential" services.

So let's shut it down, find out who is 'essential", and fire everyone else!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 03:49:08 am »
So let's shut it down, find out who is 'essential", and fire everyone else!
Just contractors and the bosses work, everyone else goes home for the holidays.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 03:57:45 am »

Thanxs guys. Would be far more effective than trying to block open air monuments like obama tried to do.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 04:20:42 am »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 07:27:40 am »
Do they really want to shut the govt down with a Prez that will in turn shut down the agencies and services he wants? Don't throw me in the briar patch.
The Republic is lost.